Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 05:34 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,400,319 times

Advertisements

DH just came home & I had to share this with him. While he was laughing right along with me on how true these are, he reminded me of one from our house:

Yelling "get your nose out of my butt!" (usually yelled while in the bathroom, in the morning, right after coming out of the shower and while bent over to dry your legs & feet)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 05:35 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
Waaay to much info...
I disagree. How else is she supposed to know if the anal glands need to be expressed? It's either taking a whiff or putting your fingers in there and manipulating the glands manually. I'll take the whiff!

Old 09-22-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
DH just came home & I had to share this with him. While he was laughing right along with me on how true these are, he reminded me of one from our house:

Yelling "get your nose out of my butt!" (usually yelled while in the bathroom, in the morning, right after coming out of the shower and while bent over to dry your legs & feet)
That's so funny! If I bend down to pet one of the dogs, the other is back there, sniffing my butt every single time!

Old 09-22-2010, 05:38 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,400,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
I disagree. How else is she supposed to know if the anal glands need to be expressed? It's either taking a whiff or putting your fingers in there and manipulating the glands manually. I'll take the whiff!
I like my method...ask the vet to do it!

Old 09-22-2010, 06:08 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
I HAVE to get a picture of that. We're documenting everything, right?
Um. OK. But only if I'm having a good hair day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
Waaay to much info...
AustinB! You KNOW that I'm the queen of TMI here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
I like my method...ask the vet to do it!
Oh, the vet does the deed, but I have to know when Artie's in need.

(Ah! That rhymes!)

Old 09-22-2010, 06:17 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,604 times
Just thought of another one when it happened....

"Get your nose out of your sisters crotch!"

I mean really? Thank god I don't have children that I have to say that to lol

Old 09-22-2010, 06:25 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,941,485 times
My life with our dogs is boring compared to some of yours! I never thought we would have theme songs for our dogs, have entire conversations with them, and give them their own voices.

I never thought that wiping a dogs butt before they come in with a baby wipe would be such a routine.

I couldn't tolerate my SO snoring before but now am okay with the dogs farting and snoring (in no particular order).

I never thought I would spend more on my dogs than I do on myself. My dogs have more collars and leashes than I have shoes. Luckily, they aren't really the clothes type because then they would need an entire closet.

I never thought that my dog would dictate our bedtime. He stares at us until we finally give up and go to bed.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Um. OK. But only if I'm having a good hair day.

Just don't do any self-mutilation between now and the week of the 3rd and you'll be fine!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:34 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,755 times
All true and with a JRT who's a hunter I'll add, spit it out (that'd be bunnies/squirls or anything else he can catch) and of course "you are not bringing your prize into the house, I don't care how proud you are".

ALWAYS wear boots/shoes when exiting the door to make sure I don't step on a "prize" on display.

Spend hours disasembling a heating/AC vent to clean up dog puke...couldn't puke on the floor OHHH no had to do it over a vent. Of course it was when he'd escaped on Thanksgiving and got into the neighbors garbage eating all the leftovers and coming back looking like a stuffed sausage on sticks.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:43 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
I never thought I pull dingerberrys out with my bare hand.

Sometimes it's hanging there when there isn't even a leaf around.

But the poor dog just looks so ashamed.

You have to man-up and do what needs to be done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs