Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,991 times

Advertisements

So I bought my min pin from a breeder for 750 a month ago. She is now 12 weeks old. I was really excited about her and my kids adore her. We just moved into a condo and everyrthing is great. Well, now my management compnay is saying the breed is not allowed. How stupid! She weighs no more then like 3 pounds. She's a baby. So, now i need to find her a home...shes too precious to go to a shelter and the breeder wont take her back and refund me. Any one have an idea on what I can do??

Last edited by saveone2010; 09-22-2010 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 05:29 PM

925 posts, read 2,741,603 times
Why don't you appeal to the members of the condo board to see if they'll change the rule or make an exception?

Old 09-22-2010, 06:04 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saveone2010 View Post
So I bought my min pin from a breeder for 750 a month ago. She is now 12 weeks old. I was really excited about her and my kids adore her. We just moved into a condo and everyrthing is great. Well, now my management compnay is saying the breed is not allowed. How stupid! She weighs no more then like 3 pounds. She's a baby. So, now i need to find her a home...shes too precious to go to a shelter and the breeder wont take her back and refund me. Any one have an idea on what I can do??

Were you given a list of unacceptable breeds at the time you signed your contract, as in, was there a list in the HOA provisions? I would try to fight them on this breed specific ban rather than give in so easily. If you have your own insurance and your insurance company has not rejected your Min Pin I see no reason the management company might have that would be credible. You should have been given a list of the HOA requirements prior to closing on the condo. If the breed ban list was not part of it you should not be made to give up your dog.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:28 PM

553 posts, read 1,632,388 times
Quote:
Oh, a light bulb just came on! How about you don't buy a dog from a backyard breeder, then do your research before you move to a place where your dog isn't allowed. Oh, wait, you want ideas for what to do now that you've contributed to overpopulation.... First, don't expect a refund. If you had used a reputable breeder, they should take her back. Obviously you went the BYB route. I would start calling breed rescues, and offer to pay her expenses until they can find a suitable home. Then I would suggest not getting another dog.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:30 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,755 times
Breed rescue

Old 09-22-2010, 08:42 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Agree with breed specific rescue.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:12 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Find a breed rescue, and PLEASE consider this a lesson learned. If you just got her a month ago, you must have known that you were moving, correct? Yes, there are times when an animal simply cannot be taken in a move, but to know you're moving, and still get a dog without knowing if it's allowed? PLEASE do your homework a little more, if you decide to get another animal.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:17 PM

553 posts, read 1,632,388 times
Quote:
shes too precious to go to a shelter
Stupidity like this kills me.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:17 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,479,516 times
Well it's obvious that breeder cares more about the almighty dollar than about the innocent lives she/he is bringing into this world. A shame.

Hopefully a breed rescue will step in. If they do, you should give them a nice big donation.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,602,293 times
It sounds like you're not even interested in disputing your apartment complex's claim, which means you knew the dog wasn't allowed and got her anyway.

Contact a breed rescue and DO NOT get another dog unless you're willing to put in the time/effort/money to support a reputable breeder who actually cares about their animals. And most importantly if you consider a pet in the future make sure your pet is allowed where you live. Dogs are living things, they shouldn't be shuffled around, it's very hard on them. Your puppy has already grown attached to you and now has to start all over with someone else. If you care about your puppy move somewhere she is allowed.

And btw ALL ANIMALS in shelters are precious! Don't you know there are thousands of other people in your situation who took their puppy to a shelter? Where do you think all these shelter animals come from! People like you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs