Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 11:07 AM

831 posts, read 1,961,165 times

Advertisements

In case no one mentioned it...I read that you should try to find bully sticks that are dried vertically, not horizontally on trays, for uh...what they said was "drainage purposes" which is what creates the smell. I only recently became enlightened as to what these are and how much my monsters love them, so you'll have to forgive me -

Now please excuse me while I try to control my retching!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 11:14 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,929,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I can't find stingray tails on the best bully sticks website. Do you have another source? I can't find ANY place that sells them.
I order them from www.petextras.com. Just like another user posted, they are usually listed as Ocean Chews. Sometimes our local store has them. Sterilized Stuffed bones last the longest in our house. I get the ones without the filling and stuff them with the Peanut Butter you grind at the Grocery Store and freeze them; second are actual raw bones you get at the butcher; Ocean Chews are the ones that last the third longest. Bully Sticks and Antlers don't last long at all which is good that I didn't like the smell!

Old 10-25-2010, 11:16 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,947,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Sting ray tails Ocean Chews (http://www.petextras.com/oceanchews.html - broken link) Shadow loves these!

Funny, I never notices any smell from the antlers or the sting ray.

Shadow is not allowed to have bull sticks anymore, since her pancreatitis. She is very sad.....
Aw, crap. The shipping cost more than the product! I hate that. Why can't they just stick it in an envelope and ship it USPS? GRRRRR!

Old 10-25-2010, 11:17 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,194,199 times
Quote:
Aw, crap. The shipping cost more than the product! I hate that. Why can't they just stick it in an envelope and ship it USPS? GRRRRR!
LOL! I have never NOT spent enough to get free shipping from them.......

Old 10-25-2010, 11:22 AM

831 posts, read 1,961,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
I order them from www.petextras.com. Just like another user posted, they are usually listed as Ocean Chews.
Well just perusing this site made my stomach flop around like a fish on the dock but there will be some seriously happy pups in my household (and my husband's clients' dogs too when I make their xmas gifts!) come Christmas!

Thanks for the link!

Old 10-25-2010, 11:22 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,266,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Which holds up better for agressive chewers? Beesley would chew through a rod of steel if I let him. Rawhide rolls do NOTHING for his chewing! I need something that will last more than 5 minutes.
These are Himalayan chews. They should definitely last a while! Also, the stingray tails.

Bully Sticks - All Natural Dog Treats - Best Bully Stick

Quote:
I can't find stingray tails on the best bully sticks website. Do you have another source? I can't find ANY place that sells them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpaw View Post
I don't give him bully sticks since he can't eat beef, but have heard that they do smell, I haven't noticed a smell with the antlers. Have not heard of the sting ray tails, where do get yours?
The cleanest and best quality I found are on the best bully stick site. However, they are currently out of stock and not sure when they'll get them again.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
I order them from www.petextras.com. Just like another user posted, they are usually listed as Ocean Chews. Sometimes our local store has them. Sterilized Stuffed bones last the longest in our house. I get the ones without the filling and stuff them with the Peanut Butter you grind at the Grocery Store and freeze them; second are actual raw bones you get at the butcher; Ocean Chews are the ones that last the third longest. Bully Sticks and Antlers don't last long at all which is good that I didn't like the smell!
Funny, because after gagging from the smell (Artie loved it), I got the odorless ones. Artie wasn't interested -- no smell, no interest.

So, I went back to the stinky ones. Now he doesn't like those either!

I practically have a WAREHOUSE of bully sticks in this house! Smelly? Not smelly? Take your pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
LOL! I have never NOT spent enough to get free shipping from them.......
Ratzenfratzen succotash! I just placed my order. If Artie doesn't like them, he owes me $14. I'm not even kidding. If he has no cash, he'll have to rake the leaves -- front AND back yards. He *will* like them, or I *will* be reimbursed somehow.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Which holds up better for agressive chewers? Beesley would chew through a rod of steel if I let him. Rawhide rolls do NOTHING for his chewing! I need something that will last more than 5 minutes.
I'm going to mail you a few bully sticks, smelly and not smelly. Artie lost interest. Bugger.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:35 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,194,199 times
Quote:

Ratzenfratzen succotash! I just placed my order. If Artie doesn't like them, he owes me $14. I'm not even kidding. If he has no cash, he'll have to rake the leaves -- front AND back yards. He *will* like them, or I *will* be reimbursed somehow.
Hahahahahahahaha!

Old 10-25-2010, 12:28 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,506,128 times
Quote:
Funny, because after gagging from the smell (Artie loved it), I got the odorless ones. Artie wasn't interested -- no smell, no interest.

So, I went back to the stinky ones. Now he doesn't like those either!

I practically have a WAREHOUSE of bully sticks in this house! Smelly? Not smelly? Take your pick!

Artie you had better at least pretend you like them or you are in real trouble
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs