U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:45 PM

4,585 posts, read 10,851,617 times

Advertisements

So Gator, my ancient one (14ish) is recovering from bowel surgery done at the first of the month, he's had to go on a very small (about a Tblspoon) portion slushy diet consisting of quality canned and rice that I mush to the 'nth degree and H20....I'm supposed to be weaning him off and upping his amount and we've had 2 set backs. First everytime I try to up the amount a bit he get urppy, second my vet wanted him off TOW because the protein is too high...well I tried several quality brands of lower protein and that made him really sick. So back to TOW, that I know he can tolorate for now at least, I'll just start soaking a small amount of kibble and mix in some rice.

Soooo, he gets fed 4 times a day with his slushy and he'll start whining right on the dot when he's due his next meal I swear he's watching the clock. HOW does he KNOW it's been 4 hours EXACTLY right on the dot. If it wasn't so agrivating I'd take it on the road and make millions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 01:48 PM

7,559 posts, read 11,901,289 times
That's quite impressive!

Our Mastiff Brody asks for a walk precisely (around) 30 minutes after my wife and I finish supper. He does get us up and moving.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:55 PM

1,203 posts, read 3,876,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
That's quite impressive!

Our Mastiff Brody asks for a walk precisely (around) 30 minutes after my wife and I finish supper. He does get us up and moving.

I wish my dogs would do that!

My dogs think they can tell time because every time I put my shoes on they think they get to go out. They are sorely mistaken since I, for the most part, have just taken them out and am leaving for work or to run an errand lol

Old 10-29-2010, 02:46 PM

8,039 posts, read 3,967,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
I wish my dogs would do that!

My dogs think they can tell time because every time I put my shoes on they think they get to go out. They are sorely mistaken since I, for the most part, have just taken them out and am leaving for work or to run an errand lol
Oh good grief mine do that as well. Just let me even think about putting on my shoes and they are at the door.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:48 PM

I do think that dogs have some kind of sense of time. For instance when it is close to dinner time they congregate in the kitchen. Bed time and they all head to the bedroom etc. at 6:30 every morning no matter what they all wake up at the same time. I sure don't need and alarm clock.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:21 PM

36,669 posts, read 41,959,223 times
My parents dog has barked every day at exactly 5:30 for years if my dad hasn't fed her by then. When the time changes for daylight saving, she even adjusts accordingly.

My dog gets walked first thing every morning at 6 a.m., and most mornings, he's up and waiting for the harness before the alarm even goes off, and runs circles around me impatiently while I groggily throw on my sweats and shoes.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
Oh good grief mine do that as well. Just let me even think about putting on my shoes and they are at the door.
Well the only bad part about mine is, my smaller one runs on top of my feet while I'm trying to put my shoes on. Makes things very difficult lol

Old 10-29-2010, 03:26 PM

36,669 posts, read 41,959,223 times
Mine tends to jump up into my face when I bend over to tie my shoes. Total headbutt.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Mine tends to jump up into my face when I bend over to tie my shoes. Total headbutt.
I got a black eye, well green eye, from my bigger one when she was a pup. She went to jump up on the couch when I was bending down to get the ball off the floor and her hard head smacked me right in the eye really hard.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:16 PM

Oh yeah I can relate to the head butts. Every now and again I get a good noggin boggin I should be slightly goofy from all the head bumps..oh yeah that's right I am slightly goofy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or