Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 07:08 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times

Advertisements

Cats do funny things too...when ever I made toast, if I was not there to get it the second it popped out of the toaster, it would be found some place on the counter, with a few cat bites taken out of it, or on the floor, unless the dog got it next. Mickey just loved fresh toast out of the toaster. He would always steal it if he could. I watched him do it once, he just sat looking at the toaster, until the toast came up, then he would go over and grab it with his mouth, and take it out of the toaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 09:35 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,858,669 times
lol, ruby has 2 funny little quirks, she likes to dress herself, she brings her pjs over then once ive got hold of it and kind of got them positioned right she puts her head and one leg in, shes not quite got the rest of the steps but i doubt doubt one day she will lol.
her other funny one is when shes in her crate, i leave her blanket scrunches against the wall or the crate, she goes in her crate lays down then grasps the blanket in her teeth then rolls over pulling the blanket over herself...

jasper has a blanket quirk too...
if i dont cover him correctly for bedtime he sits there crying untill i get up out of bed and fix his blanket lol as soon as hes suitbly covered up (including his head) he goes straight to sleep.
he also likes to talk...
he says mamma, no, why and woo woo (ruby) if ruby wont play with him he will come to me and in the saddest tone will 'say' "mamma....woo woo, no WHY?" i tell him ruby doesnt want to play and he lets out this huge sigh lol.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:07 AM

1,830 posts, read 6,154,449 times
Have lots of dog stories from my beloved yellow lab, Flash, who passed years ago. He was a real character. Being a super bright dog, he needed something to do all the time. When bored, he'd go sit on the back deck and look into the neighbor's window which was about 15 feet away--kept him entertained for quite a while (peeping dog?). One day he tried looking in the other neighbor's window--and found a dobie staring back at him!--his lifetime nemesis!

Old 11-16-2010, 01:20 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,404,704 times
Does the behavior of our neighbor's dog count?

When we first moved here, I kept having the feeling I was being watched whenever I stepped into the back yard. It really got creepy until I found out who it was. Meet Amber. Our neighbor's very sweet Boxer. I guess she just wanted to keep her "eye" on me
Attached Thumbnails
strangest/funniest thing your dog has done-peek-boo.jpg  

Old 11-16-2010, 01:34 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post

When we first moved here, I kept having the feeling I was being watched whenever I stepped into the back yard. It really got creepy until I found out who it was. Meet Amber. Our neighbor's very sweet Boxer. I guess she just wanted to keep her "eye" on me
* Snort! *

That's hilarious!!!!!

Old 11-16-2010, 02:47 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post

Our dogs do this too. There is a top picket missing on the fence and I've caught 2 of them peeping at the neighbor who was in her yard. Very funny but also embarrassing for me.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:13 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,890,186 times
My 155 pound GSD is petrified...I mean literally terrified of watermelons.

We have absolutely no idea why. We have had him since he was 8 weeks old. He's never had a bad experience with a watermelon that we know of. But if he sees one he runs and hides. If you move the watermelon closer to him, he barks, growls, whines, cowers,....

We've tried everything to get him over his fear. But nothing works.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:19 PM

115 posts, read 195,090 times
a neighbors dog stays at my house now, he groans and sighs when i call simon inside. he also doesnt like coming inside and digs his claws into the porch when i try to bring him in. even in freezing weather, he'll go into a insulated and covered dog house. his other thing is that he likes to get simon into trouble, like make him wander off into the woods. but thats usually when we get call them back home ("Simon & Garfunkel").
....and their names are funny.
Simon Hucklebilly and Garfunkel, just garfunkel xD

Old 11-16-2010, 03:48 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,404,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
My 155 pound GSD is petrified...I mean literally terrified of watermelons.

We have absolutely no idea why. We have had him since he was 8 weeks old. He's never had a bad experience with a watermelon that we know of. But if he sees one he runs and hides. If you move the watermelon closer to him, he barks, growls, whines, cowers,....

We've tried everything to get him over his fear. But nothing works.
Ahhhh - the poor big baby! It does make you wonder, doesn't it!

Old 11-16-2010, 03:57 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
My wife has always loved Miniature Schnauzers, so we picked up a cute little 8 week old fella named "Buster". Buster has fit right in with his new family, Brody - our French Mastiff.

You can imagine the size difference. Buster loves to bite, and Brody's tail is the perfect teething device.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs