Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:14 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
If these dogs were so vicious why didn't they bite the uncle? It's not a matter about caring more about the dogs; if the ball had gone through one of the windows in the house would it be ok for someone to go right into your house without knocking? And if it was your house and you didn't see the ball, but just saw a random person come in your house might you be on the defensive? A dog isn't going to grab a bat or weapon he is going to use the only thing he has; his teeth. For a dog, their yard is their space, like your house is your space.
This. Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 10:17 AM

417 posts, read 1,068,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
If these dogs were so vicious why didn't they bite the uncle? It's not a matter about caring more about the dogs; if the ball had gone through one of the windows in the house would it be ok for someone to go right into your house without knocking? And if it was your house and you didn't see the ball, but just saw a random person come in your house might you be on the defensive? A dog isn't going to grab a bat or weapon he is going to use the only thing he has; his teeth. For a dog, their yard is their space, like your house is your space.
Couldn't have said it better myself..if someone broke into my house, I sure as heck would defend myself..the dogs were just doing the same..its very unfortunate and I hope the boy will be ok, but regardless, he trespassed into their yard

Old 12-07-2010, 10:27 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
Just fyi You don't want to put up any signs that say, warring Dog, beware of dogs etc etc, as this is a statement that your dog is aggressive and you know it. The signs will be used by the prosecution.
Simply post, no trespassing signs.
Good point, and I did not know that!

Old 12-07-2010, 11:31 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
I guess the dogs have to kill someone before the liberal uber alles in King county take action against vicious animals. What is it with people that care more about animals than people? It's a dog people.
It is a boy who had no respect for physical boundaries or personal property. We are not talking about stray dogs but dogs contained within their own yard. Can you not see the difference? Really?

Does killing them justify and relinquish the responsibility of the kids, or his parents, in his trespassing across a physical barrier (fence) meant to protect the dogs from humans?

How is killing dogs who were on their own property going to heal this kid?

Do you really feel that the kid and his parents bear no responsibility for his tresspassing upon private property?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:39 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Quote:
I guess the dogs have to kill someone before the liberal uber alles in King county take action against vicious animals. What is it with people that care more about animals than people? It's a dog people.
Excuse me is that a basis on "its just a dog "? this is completely why the more people i meet the better I like my dog . Excuse me , no not just a dog , it is a family member and im sorry for you if you have never had a relationship with a pet that is a bond .

Old 12-07-2010, 12:56 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times
Quote:

My yard, my rules, don't enter uninvited. Why should the dogs be punished for someone trespassing onto their property? So you're telling me if someone broke into your home, and your dog attacked them, they should be let go and your dog euthanized? I think trespassing charges should be brought upon the kid or his parents.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:28 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
My yard, my rules, don't enter uninvited. Why should the dogs be punished for someone trespassing onto their property? So you're telling me if someone broke into your home, and your dog attacked them, they should be let go and your dog euthanized? I think trespassing charges should be brought upon the kid or his parents.
Amen Mak WTG !!!! Yes , my thoughts exactly .

Old 12-07-2010, 09:45 PM

380 posts, read 833,397 times
We were by no stretch of the imagination abused growing up, but had this been me or one of my siblings? I/we'd have had a real good spanking and/or a good, severe punishment for putting ourselves in that situation@!!
Yup, the hurt from the dog(s) would have been the least of our worries.

Ahhh but then we were held accountable for our actions and taught .... can't always blame everyone/everything else for everything ..... those were the days...

PS My folks would have taken Mr. Russell's approach -- sounds like our kind of guy

Last edited by Pamina333; 12-07-2010 at 09:57 PM..

Old 12-07-2010, 10:01 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,681,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
So let me get this straight;
Your Yard, Your Rules? Because it's your property you make the rules for what goes?

Does that mean if you don't want dogs peeing and pooping on your yard, that should be the rules others respect? Rhats at odds to what many of you have said before about why YOUR dog have superior rights on other people's property!

If someones cat enters another persons property and starts killing nesting threatened birds are you saying that because it's their property they get to set the rules on what action to take?

Cause many of you are now saying your property and your rights but refuse to respect others rights and their property when it comes to what your pets do on others private property.

It sounds like Your Yard, Your Rules, EXCEPT when your the person doing the wrong then its My Pet, Only My Rules.

I be smelling some big hypocrites and you be smelling real bad!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:56 AM

268 posts, read 704,005 times
Let's not reply, shall we? Totally off topic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs