Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:26 AM

357 posts, read 1,014,852 times

Advertisements

my dog has seizure in the past couple months. yesterday morning after her meal she must have a seizure and sleep all day, i prepared for her to die, but in the evening she was up shaky walk in the grassy area and rest, i though to let her rest about 30 minutes later she about 100 feet from the house now in the wooded area. that was good she gain some strength and can walk around. this morning i went out looking for her, she is no where near by. i will go out look for her again in the larger area later today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 09:12 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,853,980 times
I'm not sure what you're asking... Are you asking if your dog could have wandered into the woods with the purpose to die?

And I have a question for you: did you leave her outside on her own all night??

Old 12-15-2010, 09:17 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,941,236 times
My parents' neighbor's dog did this. Ended up walking up to my parents' house (through the woods) and dying on the front porch.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:34 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,574,293 times
Yes, many sick animals go off alone, as they feel vulnerable when weak. Then they die where they went to hide.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:54 AM

i found my dog, she still alive in the spot she fell comfortable. we bring her back in will let her die naturally. she would not drink or eat, could not believe she managed to walk that distance.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:56 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,760,188 times
poor thing

Old 12-15-2010, 11:10 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,118,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabanaki View Post
i found my dog, she still alive in the spot she fell comfortable. we bring her back in will let her die naturally. she would not drink or eat, could not believe she managed to walk that distance.
Maybe you should get some fish next?

You let your sick and dieing dog just wonder off to die while you slept soundly all night long.
I wouldn't have stopped searching for my dog until I found her nor would I have let her out in that condition unsupervised.

Now your going to just let her have seizures and starve to death. Take her to the vet and do the humane thing.

Think gold fish.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:26 AM

she is an old dog, i took her to the vet they said there are no magic pills that can fix her problem, she has to go thru test procedure that may cost in thousands before they can prescribe any medicine and that is not guaranteed she will be better.

I can not have some one Kill her nor I will put a bullet in her head.
I preferred let her die at old age, or some source of nature, that is applied to myself too.

I keep dog as a working dog not a pet, will wait and see if she will drink or eat again soon.

i eat fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
Maybe you should get some fish next?

You let your sick and dieing dog just wonder off to die while you slept soundly all night long.
I wouldn't have stopped searching for my dog until I found her nor would I have let her out in that condition unsupervised.

Now your going to just let her have seizures and starve to death. Take her to the vet and do the humane thing.

Think gold fish.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:33 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,496,569 times
So sad

Old 12-15-2010, 12:10 PM

322 posts, read 933,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabanaki View Post
she is an old dog, i took her to the vet they said there are no magic pills that can fix her problem, she has to go thru test procedure that may cost in thousands before they can prescribe any medicine and that is not guaranteed she will be better.

I can not have some one Kill her nor I will put a bullet in her head.
I preferred let her die at old age, or some source of nature, that is applied to myself too.

I keep dog as a working dog not a pet, will wait and see if she will drink or eat again soon.

i eat fish.
If the dog is old, sick, and having a miserable quality of life, the most humane things to do is to give her to an animal hospice or have her PTS.
Even if she is a working dog and not a pet, if you are not able or willing to give the care and attention she needs, she should be put in a place where she will get that care. And if PTS is your only option, please let it be by humane euthanization and not a bullet.
I do hope she finds peace soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs