Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:41 AM

288 posts, read 692,601 times

Advertisements

This is so sad, it's too far away from where I live to do anything

The more people that can spread the word the better, this would be a terrible waste of a good dog!

Urgent - former service dog to be euthanized on Wednesday - National Dogs | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 10:43 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,011,510 times
UGH!!! This is heartbreaking!

Old 12-29-2010, 10:54 AM

288 posts, read 692,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
UGH!!! This is heartbreaking!
I know isn't it! I have posted it wherever I can to try and spread the word, just seems such a waste of a well trained dog

Old 12-29-2010, 11:17 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,029 times
Per the comments in the article, he has been rescued!

Old 12-29-2010, 11:18 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
That totally disgusts me.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Per the comments in the article, he has been rescued!
Awesome news!

Old 12-29-2010, 11:35 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Awesome news!
I agree. I even mapped out the distance from Colorado. Only 15 hours..I could've made it in 12!!

Old 12-29-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
I agree. I even mapped out the distance from Colorado. Only 15 hours..I could've made it in 12!!

Old 12-29-2010, 11:49 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,093 times
I'm glad the dog was saved, but I was irritated with some of the comments left on the site, we don't know what that former owner was going through. Right now so many of us are loosing our homes and have no where to turn. There are few organizations that help the homeless keep their dogs but they are far and few in between. The former owner might have had serious health problems. I can't tell you how many times I've read about people who end up in nursing homes and their dog has no where to go and the families can't take them.

Only just a few days ago there was an article about 3 shelties that were rescued and after finding out about their owner it was heartbreaking. The owner had become homeless and was living in his truck with these 3 dogs and doing the best he could, his truck ran out of gas and he was walking to a gas station to get gas and was hit and killed. Fortunately because they were shelties - a sheltie rescue stepped up and saved these dogs.

So I'm glad the dog was saved, but aggravated the owner was called callous without knowing the circumstances.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I'm glad the dog was saved, but I was irritated with some of the comments left on the site, we don't know what that former owner was going through. Right now so many of us are loosing our homes and have no where to turn. There are few organizations that help the homeless keep their dogs but they are far and few in between. The former owner might have had serious health problems. I can't tell you how many times I've read about people who end up in nursing homes and their dog has no where to go and the families can't take them.

Only just a few days ago there was an article about 3 shelties that were rescued and after finding out about their owner it was heartbreaking. The owner had become homeless and was living in his truck with these 3 dogs and doing the best he could, his truck ran out of gas and he was walking to a gas station to get gas and was hit and killed. Fortunately because they were shelties - a sheltie rescue stepped up and saved these dogs.

So I'm glad the dog was saved, but aggravated the owner was called callous without knowing the circumstances.
I didn't read the whole article -- too teary-eyed -- and I didn't read any of the comments, but I think what you said is, sadly, very true. We have no right to judge... just the opportunity to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs