U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:46 PM

3,593 posts, read 10,638,818 times

Advertisements

While I've been watching Gator to make sure that his breathing is OK, I've totally missed what is going on with our Chessie, Mariah. She is normally an "in your face" type dog with boundless energy and 2 speeds...full speed ahead and full stop. Today she is lethargic, grumpy (she just snarled at Sammie), refuses to get up and just refused one of her favorite treats. DH is on his way home right now to help me get her into the van and to the vet. I just talked with the vet and they will be waiting for us when we get there.

Please send healing thoughts. I'm scared to death that I've missed something important with her health while I've been focusing on Gator and his problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 01:49 PM

16,645 posts, read 26,605,538 times
Oh no!!!!

I'm sending all sorts of good and healthy vibes to Miss Mariah.
And I'm sending warm hugs to you, too. It's easy to miss things when your head is somewhere else -- don't beat yourself up over it; we've all been there.

I hope this is an easily remedied "whatever small thing it is" thing.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:36 PM

9,352 posts, read 16,763,689 times
^^^ what D said....

and healing thoughts from all of us in st. louis......

Old 01-06-2011, 03:48 PM

12,054 posts, read 20,194,472 times
Sending healing thoughts your way.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:06 PM

5,027 posts, read 13,368,265 times
Aww, I hope everything is ok with Mariah. PC, MB and I send healing thoughts. Let us know how the vet visit goes!

Old 01-06-2011, 04:07 PM

4,704 posts, read 10,119,889 times
Sending positive thoughts your way in hopes that this is nothing serious. Dash once went from being his usual self to not eating not moving, showed no interest in anything so I got him in to the vets that day and told them I thought he was very sick. well he turned out to have a bad urinary tract infection and stones! He was possibly becoming septic as his fever was also very high...antibiotics wiped that infection out and they did have to do surgery to get the stones as being a male they did not want to risk him trying to pass them and them becoming stuck in a more delicate " male area" as that surgey is then quite nastey, I think with a female they will try to let them pass. He recovered very fast and was his old self with in days.

I hope your pup is on the mend real soon !

Old 01-06-2011, 04:20 PM

3,593 posts, read 10,638,818 times
Default Whew - she's ok

It seems I did miss that her back right leg was swollen. Our vet thinks she injured it sometime in the last couple of days. We had some rain here and she may have slipped on the wet grass while chasing Sammie around. Being a typical Chessie, she just kept going and going until it was too swollen and painful to use at all.

With crate rest, NSAIDs and pain meds, she should be back to her "in your face" self in a week or two. For now - no walks and she only goes out in the yard on leash so mom can monitor her and make sure it has a chance to heal completely.

Thanks everyone for the healing thoughts! I do believe they help!

Old 01-06-2011, 04:27 PM

5,027 posts, read 13,368,265 times
Yay, glad to hear all is well!

Old 01-06-2011, 04:35 PM

16,645 posts, read 26,605,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
It seems I did miss that her back right leg was swollen. Our vet thinks she injured it sometime in the last couple of days. We had some rain here and she may have slipped on the wet grass while chasing Sammie around. Being a typical Chessie, she just kept going and going until it was too swollen and painful to use at all.

With crate rest, NSAIDs and pain meds, she should be back to her "in your face" self in a week or two. For now - no walks and she only goes out in the yard on leash so mom can monitor her and make sure it has a chance to heal completely.

Thanks everyone for the healing thoughts! I do believe they help!
Terrific!!!!!!

Well, not that she hurt her leg, of course, but that it's just a little something-something that rest will cure.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:58 PM

9,352 posts, read 16,763,689 times
^^^ AGAIN .... what D said.....

and bailey said to tell her to LISTEN to momma about taking it easy for a couple of weeks..... as tough as THAT can be.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs