U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:11 PM

902 posts, read 3,213,370 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! We have phone calls out to the rescue places nearby; I am waiting to hear back. With the impending snow storm, I am sure they are busy getting things squared away where they are.

I do hope mrs1885 is right in that it takes several months for a foreclosure process. You hear stories about banks being more aggressive in these hard times and not working with people. Our mortgage company has been very unsympathetic (as I am sure they have heard our story way too many times from others) and are already playing hardball. Doesn't help that we've only been here a little over 2 years; not enough of a relationship or vested interest in the loan balance.

Will check in, and Va-Cat I would be very interested in contacts if you have some. Thanks for the help!

Take care, everyone, and have a good afternoon! Mary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 02:33 PM

5,240 posts, read 13,979,023 times
Mary - can you send me some pictures via private message? I can get them out to my contacts as well. Will do what we can. There are quite a few of us on here involved in rescue work in one way or another.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:29 PM

902 posts, read 3,213,370 times
I will take some pictures in the next few days... the only ones I have are from last year when the puppies were babies. Might have to get my son to help get them posted, but I'll see what I can do!

Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,099,452 times
This one is quite a way from DE but perhaps they can help.

Dirks Fund - Golden Retriever Rescue: St. Louis, MO

Old 01-11-2011, 04:53 PM

9,352 posts, read 16,771,427 times
Dirks Fund is a GREAT group.......

Old 01-14-2011, 05:58 AM

1 posts, read 660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
We have 3 purebred goldens that we need to find new homes for. Losing our home, and have to move in with family that can not have pets. Don't want to take them to SPCA... but have to find new home(s). There are 2 males, 1 female (mother, father, and son). One male and the female are 2 years old; younger one is 1 year old.

We live in central Delaware, and will consider all options.
Hello,

I am Boni Faust and am the Intake Coordinator with Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue in Reinholds, PA. I would be able to call you today or if you would like to phone me about your Goldens, please call 717-484-4799 (office) number after 9 AM this morning. You may also email me at intake@dvgrr.org with your phone number and I will call you.

We are willing to help you with your Goldens and find them a loving family and home.

Thank you,
Boni Faust

Old 04-30-2014, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 359 times
Default Golden Retrievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
We have 3 purebred goldens that we need to find new homes for. Losing our home, and have to move in with family that can not have pets. Don't want to take them to SPCA... but have to find new home(s). There are 2 males, 1 female (mother, father, and son). One male and the female are 2 years old; younger one is 1 year old.

We live in central Delaware, and will consider all options.

I would be interested in these Goldens
Donna

Old 04-30-2014, 10:16 AM

13,675 posts, read 13,489,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazerbeam123 View Post
I would be interested in these Goldens
Donna
It's a thread from 2011.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:27 PM

729 posts, read 1,214,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
For starters:

DVGRR - Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue Inc. -

GoldHeart Golden Retriever Rescue

GRREAT - Golden Retriever Rescue, Education and Training

The nice thing about trying to rehome a golden is that there are a lot of people who are blindly loyal to the breed and will die before they see one put in harms way. Shouldn't take much effort.

My answer too. Delaware Valley Golden Rescue is very old and well established. They do an excellent job of placing goldens in new, fantastic homes

Old 04-30-2014, 02:29 PM

729 posts, read 1,214,674 times
Oops. Didn't read through without posting. Hopefully they contacted rescue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or