Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:41 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times

Advertisements

If you do go over there, bring a peace offering of sorts: a dog toy.
Something like "Hey my dog doesn't use this anymore, think your dog might like it."
Poor dog may be bored but the toy may last only a few minutes or never be given to the dog at all!
I don't know what I would do if I was in your situation, my neighbors are too far from my house but I did have a dog encounter when coming home from work. These wienie dogs came darting out the front door of a nearby house and were running all over the place and finally the owner caught them but almost made me run over one of them. No collars . Ugh, annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 08:48 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
They are probably so densensitized, they don't even hear it, much less consider that it might be bothering you...
I lived next door to a guy who left his dog on his patio when he went to work because the dog would tear up the house and he didn't want to crate him for 12+ hours a day. I NEVER became desensitized to his dog. We were friendly and we talked about it often. I would joke with him when he would get home that his dog sure did miss him that day because he was extra talkative. I'm glad he moved so I don't ever have to hear it again, but we were both stuck between a rock and a hard place because there wasn't much either of us could do. He had a shock collar but I hated his dog wearing that because he would still try to bark with it on. Even kept inside, the dog would bark if he wasn't home.

Let me know what happens Mak!

Old 01-10-2011, 10:48 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,400,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
I just told my husband this and he wants to go out and get one now. This should be interesting!
OMG - just let us know where to send the bail money!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:40 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Is your car parked close to their house and does it have an alarm. Set it off and put of some head phones. Kick back and see what happens in an hour. If it auto stops hit it again.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:58 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,400,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Is your car parked close to their house and does it have an alarm. Set it off and put of some head phones. Kick back and see what happens in an hour. If it auto stops hit it again.
LOL - remind me never to move next to you and tick you off!

Old 01-11-2011, 01:29 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Unfortunately, it's closest to the neighbors on our other side. However, the way our yard is, we are in such a position that we are most likely the only ones to hear the dog and they would be the only ones to hear whatever (airhorn? recording of their dog barking at 1am?) if we chose to go that route, so that's always a possibility!

We did go over last night, but either they are ignoring us or weren't home. We'll try again tonight!

Old 01-11-2011, 02:09 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
So glad to hear PC seems to be OK.
About the crate, one of my crates has what the seller referred to as "deadbolt" locks. To slide the bolt out you have to raise the latch all the way up, perpendicular to the floor. I bought it on ebay and it was one of the less expensive crates.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:40 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
Remember, if you can't work it out together with neighbor, and you take regular action with animal control or a noise nussance, the people may decide not to deal with it and turn the dog over to the pound and be done with it. the dog could be euthanized as a result.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:51 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,335,548 times
No way should you enable your neighbor because of what PacificFlights wrote. Enabling is never productive. Good luck and I hope they answer the door tonight and you can reach a solution with the owner. My fingers are crossed for you.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:03 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
No way should you enable your neighbor because of what PacificFlights wrote. Enabling is never productive. Good luck and I hope they answer the door tonight and you can reach a solution with the owner. My fingers are crossed for you.
No worries, we're not backing down. If they refuse to deal with this in a civilized manner, I will get ac involved. Not my issue, it's theirs!

That said, it's been quite for the last 30 minutes! I'm in the kitchen, cooking, and left the door open so the dogs can go out. PC loves concrete (much more than grass) and actually went outside to lay out! MB is just sitting by the door, cause that's where the food is closest to!

Here is my view as I cook:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs