Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:05 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
No worries, we're not backing down. If they refuse to deal with this in a civilized manner, I will get ac involved. Not my issue, it's theirs!

That said, it's been quite for the last 30 minutes! I'm in the kitchen, cooking, and left the door open so the dogs can go out. PC loves concrete (much more than grass) and actually went outside to lay out! MB is just sitting by the door, cause that's where the food is closest to!

Here is my view as I cook:
Awww cute little PC is enjoying the peace. Now MB is one smart guy to hang where the food is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 03:23 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
No way should you enable your neighbor because of what PacificFlights wrote. Enabling is never productive. Good luck and I hope they answer the door tonight and you can reach a solution with the owner. My fingers are crossed for you.
What the heck are you talking about/
Enabling what/ All I;m saying is that if your unable to work it out with the neuighbors and take the animal control/complaint route the results could be the death of the dog.

If people are so concerned about the quality of food others feed their dog, If they are concerned about other people leaving their dogs outside, if they have opinions over the harm to a dog by the collar the owner uses, or any of the other hundred of things they have opinion on, they should also consider the consequences of any action they take against and owner and what it might mean to the dog. Owners turn in dogs everyday because of owner complaints and euthinasia is a real possiblity for that dog.

Amazing how quick people condem owners who are faced with difficult decissions about their animals that may require the dog being put into a shelter or having it put down, but think nothing is wrong when they are the ones condeming the animal to possible death.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
So this is how the setup is. This is our yard from the side, looking at their house. Where you see the opening is where their dog is and directly in front of it is our bedroom window. He can't get past that stoop, and can only run along side our house. Our landlords built that white thing, whatever you call it, I'm assuming for privacy because that's where the hot tub is. We are going to get one of those bamboo privacy things and put it where the opening is. That is the only spot the dog can see us (he stands on their back steps) so we are hoping he's only barking because he can actually see us, though we're not out at 11pm so I really don't know what to think.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post

Amazing how quick people condem owners who are faced with difficult decissions about their animals that may require the dog being put into a shelter or having it put down, but think nothing is wrong when they are the ones condeming the animal to possible death.
Difficult decisions are when you are about to lose your house and have no choice but to get rid of your dog. These people clearly don't give a crap about this dog and leave it out ALL DAY AND NIGHT to just bark and bark. Happy dogs don't bark for hours on end, this dog is better off with someone else or even humanely euthanized than having to stand outside, begging to be let in with his family. This is no life for a dog, these idiots don't deserve the privilege of ever owning another animal! We live in a congested city, not in the boondocks. This is completely uncalled for.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:46 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
Quote:
Difficult decisions are when you are about to lose your house and have no choice but to get rid of your dog. These people clearly don't give a crap about this dog and leave it out ALL DAY AND NIGHT to just bark and bark. Happy dogs don't bark for hours on end, this dog is better off with someone else or even humanely euthanized than having to stand outside, begging to be let in with his family. This is no life for a dog, these idiots don't deserve the privilege of ever owning another animal! We live in a congested city, not in the boondocks. This is completely uncalled for.
So euthanizing (killing) a dog is proportionate to how others view the dog's happyeness? If I belive a fat overweight dog who moops around all day isn;t happy, euthinasia is in order based on my personal belief?

I thought dogs had natural instincts and that if they are being a dog, that is supreme to how others may want or expect it to act. Now I;m hearing that potentially killing a dog is acceptable so long as the person gets their sleep. Does not sound like much pet loving going on here. I would think that if the dog was there before you moved in, your the one placing yourself into an existing situation and complaining about it.

(Oh by the way, that ignore thing doen;t seem to be working, may want to contact CD or a Mod to find out why its not working)

Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,030,601 times
The neighbor's dog needs one of those shock collars to teach it to shut up. If your police or AC won't help you consider suing them in small claims court for nuisance. You'll probably win and **** off the neighbors real good.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:54 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
So euthanizing (killing) a dog is proportionate to how others view the dog's happyeness? If I belive a fat overweight dog who moops around all day isn;t happy, euthinasia is in order based on my personal belief?

I thought dogs had natural instincts and that if they are being a dog, that is supreme to how others may want or expect it to act. Now I;m hearing that potentially killing a dog is acceptable so long as the person gets their sleep. Does not sound like much pet loving going on here. I would think that if the dog was there before you moved in, your the one placing yourself into an existing situation and complaining about it.

(Oh by the way, that ignore thing doen;t seem to be working, may want to contact CD or a Mod to find out why its not working)
It appears that you are trying to lay responsibility for the barking dog on the OP. If the owners of that nuisance dog can't or won't control it, they are 100% responsible for its death, if it comes to that, not the OP. There are laws in place so idiots like the barking dog owner are not allowed to disrupt their neighbors lives just because they are brain dead.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:05 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times
These people are being beyond inconsiderate to you guys AND to their little dog . I sincerely hope they'll listen and make some major changes when you talk to them. The dog sounds so unhappy, and it's entirely unfair to leave him outside when he's crying so desperately to be let in...heartless, really. Sending prayers for a quick, amicable, and lasting resolve in all this!

Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 PM

So we went over just now. When we walked to the front of their house, you could barely hear the dog! And inside their living room? Not at all, and it's right outside our window, barking its head off! They were in the living room, eating dinner and watching tv, oblivious to their dog.

When we told her that the dog barks all the time, she says, "Is he barking now?" Um, are you deaf? So, next thing we hear is her screaming at the top of her lungs, "BUDDY, SHUT UP!!!!" Buddy didn't listen, so she brought him in for now. I just can't believe how quiet it was in their living room vs. our entire house, it's like they have sound proof walls.

It's a couple, in their early 20s with 2 kids who look to be around 7-10 years old (started young, I guess). We'll see how it goes, what a way to meet the neighbors!

Oh, and the good news is the people across the street from them are moving out today (their friends) so we hope to make friends with whoever moves in first so that we have some neighbors on our side. For now, Buddy is inside, probably getting yelled at for never being properly trained. But it looks like we really are the only ones who can hear it that clearly, even with our windows closed, and are willing to bet the previous tenants moved out because their new baby's nursery was where our bedroom now is and what infant can sleep through that barking.

Edited to add: I can hear Buddy's (very muffled!) barks, inside their house. Ha, enjoy!

Old 01-11-2011, 06:56 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,604 times
Quote:
Edited to add: I can hear Buddy's (very muffled!) barks, inside their house. Ha, enjoy!

Glad you were able to talk to them, sorry they are stupid! Hopefully they won't keep the dog outside 24/7 now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs