Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:20 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,286,921 times

Advertisements

I met MAtheBanker (along with Beesley) several times, both here in San Diego and in her town. ShelbyGirl was also in San Diego (without Dylan), so the 3 of us got together. SG's son was positive she'll be kidnapped and couldn't believe she's meeting people off the internet!

I feel like I know JaimeMac and DandJ (and all about Artie!) a little too well, since we communicate in some way on a daily basis, but I haven't actually met them in person (yet!).

I also have quite a few people from this forum on my Facebook, but haven't actually met them, though there are a few I'd love to meet! So, how about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 03:37 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,026,135 times
I haven't met anyone from this forum....

but I have made some very good lifelong friends with several people from around the country on another forum that i moderate......

Old 01-13-2011, 03:39 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,425,771 times
I met LookingForMayberry very briefly. She and her hubby adopted a puppy from us. I also met Bones (on the TN section) and his wife and had breakfast with them. Haven't met anyone else on this forum but I've met a lot of people from a rescue forum I'm on and a bunch from a horse forum I used to be on.

The TN section of this forum has an annual get together. I keep saying I'm going to go so I can meet everyone but I've never been able to make it yet. Met a bunch of the Mainers on their section on line that we plan on getting together with when we go up this spring to look at houses. Looking forward to it!

Old 01-13-2011, 03:46 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,677,380 times
I have met some from the Hawaii and US Territory forum who I helped navigate the complex HI Quarantine regulations and airline shipping policies for the pacific region. Only 3 I have befriended since one moved to Tahiti, another FiJi and one to Guam and we get together when I'm on their island and I bring some mainland dog treats for their pooches.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:47 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times
Anyone eles here in Michigan???

Old 01-13-2011, 03:47 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,814,714 times
I know the Charlotte NC forum used to have something like quarterly gatherings. Here is Salt Lake, I invited a few regulars to coffees. Then we had a lunch open to all who wanted to come. Nice bunch of people. If I'm ever in SD or you're ever here, I'd love to meet!

Old 01-13-2011, 04:09 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,674,691 times
i met my dad through here.

no joke. long long time ago i had a different ID and had posted in the looking for area (whatever its called)- listed his name and what few details i knew. lo and behold one day he googled his name. Then I got an email. The rest, as they say, is history... (and all very very good!!!) best thing I've ever done on a message board!

Old 01-13-2011, 05:29 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,470,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post
i met my dad through here.

no joke. long long time ago i had a different ID and had posted in the looking for area (whatever its called)- listed his name and what few details i knew. lo and behold one day he googled his name. Then I got an email. The rest, as they say, is history... (and all very very good!!!) best thing I've ever done on a message board!
That's incredible! Congratulations and your story should be on the CD hit parade. No one's going to beat that!

Old 01-13-2011, 06:09 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,363,482 times
Not on this forum, but one that is related to my NDN heritage and I've meet several at powwow's and gone up to the Qualla. One year we had members from as far away as England an Arizona come to a powwow on the Qualla.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:17 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,674,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
That's incredible! Congratulations and your story should be on the CD hit parade. No one's going to beat that!
i didnt know there was such a thing LOL

i had actually forgotten about the post (posted as a 'well you never know' type thing). I got the email from him (still have it, actually) in the middle of moving. I hooked up my computer to check email really quick and about fell down (i didnt have any chairs in the house yet! LOL)

Fortunately in his email he gave details (names, places, etc) that I did NOT give in my post and would only be known by family, or else i am sure i would have thought it was a prank LOL

he calls me almost every day now and spent almost a week out here last year and stayed with us. I love his wife too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs