U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 08:36 PM

6,307 posts, read 7,454,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Ah - in our house those were always called "kitty krunchies"
They're "kitty roca" in our house.

Kizzy loves that and potato chips. He's SUCH a gourmet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 09:44 PM

36,594 posts, read 41,876,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudiPatooti View Post
My little 5 lbs. foo foo poodle eats like a goat--anything and everything except grapefruit. She draws the line there for some reason. She rolls in stinky things, too. She may be tiny, but she's definitely all dog.
Apparently, grapefruit oil is distasteful to some dogs...it's an active ingredient in some of the bitter sprays you can purchase to dissuade problem/dangerous chewing.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:49 AM

332 posts, read 397,944 times
What won't a labrador eat?! My male lab has swallowed a padlock......long story. Most recently for him was chomping a Christmas bauble. As far as other things, they love chunks of dirt, grass, any food.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:37 AM

29,041 posts, read 45,010,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegold View Post
What won't a labrador eat?! My male lab has swallowed a padlock......long story. Most recently for him was chomping a Christmas bauble. As far as other things, they love chunks of dirt, grass, any food.
LOL... I used to have a Black Lab, so I know what you mean! He was absolutely horrid as a puppy, and once chewed up a book, wallet (including money & credit cards), and ONE of my expensive hiking boots, all in the same afternoon. Thankfully he grew out of the destructive phase, but he'd still eat anything offered - that's actually how he got his name, Mikey, after the old "Mikey likes it!" commercials.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:44 AM

29,041 posts, read 45,010,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My recently departed dog just LOVED cat poo with a coating of cat litter on it.
I am SO glad Rudy has no interest in eating cat poop, since I have 3 cats and nowhere "dog safe" to put their pan (it's a smallish apartment)... he does like to bury it for them, but never tries to eat it! My old Lab did like the cat poop, though, and would often greet me at the door with a nose full of litter. Niiiiiice.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:19 AM

9,228 posts, read 18,925,968 times
I went on a trip down south and bought a box of Paula Dean's cheddar cheesy biscuit mix. When I opened the box, the instructions fell onto the floor and Shermyn promptly swallowed the whole piece of paper. I had to call the company and ask then to e-mail me new instructions (the woman was cracking up at me).

He also once ate the electric/gas bill. I called them, and the wait for a customer service person was going to be 5-10 minutes, and they make you pay a fee to pay online, so I just waited tilll the next month and paid late.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:39 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,310,800 times
[quote=TracySam;17498621]I went on a trip down south and bought a box of Paula Dean's cheddar cheesy biscuit mix. When I opened the box, the instructions fell onto the floor and Shermyn promptly swallowed the whole piece of paper. I had to call the company and ask then to e-mail me new instructions (the woman was cracking up at me).QUOTE]

LOL....That is so funny!

Old 01-20-2011, 10:51 AM

5,689 posts, read 6,532,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I have a beagle mix. He's the most food-driven creature I've ever seen. There is nothing that I know of that he won't eat. He tries to drink coffee.

He once ate an entire box of individually wrapped, full size candy canes, plastic wrappers and all. Then we rode in the car for 8 hours to my brother's for Christmas, and he promptly puked a gigantic pile of pink, plastic-y goo all over their carpet.
One Christmas eve, when my beagle was about a year old, I made the mistake of leaving the room for just a minute and when I came back, she had devoured an entire box of cherry and brandy-filled dark chocolates. That necessitated a call to my vet and instructions on how to induce vomiting. It was scary.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:59 AM

3,593 posts, read 10,677,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
One Christmas eve, when my beagle was about a year old, I made the mistake of leaving the room for just a minute and when I came back, she had devoured an entire box of cherry and brandy-filled dark chocolates. That necessitated a call to my vet and instructions on how to induce vomiting. It was scary.
Wow - I would have been having fits too! Its amazing how much trouble a dog can get into in a very short period of time! Glad your fur-baby was ok!

Old 01-20-2011, 11:28 AM

9,228 posts, read 18,925,968 times
I just remembered my post from last year when Shermyn ate coffee grounds. I posted in the Education section because I solved the problem with basic math skills.

Example of why learning basic math is a GOOD thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or