U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 09:33 AM

175 posts, read 674,605 times

Advertisements

I have one pup that will try to eat anything. I live on a horse farm and she tries to steal the horse's feed (while the horses are eating it) she steals their carrots and apples also. She also likes manufactured horse treats.

The one thing she won't eat...oysters. She stole one off a seafood platter I brought home, spit it right back out, rolled on it, and then went and hid it. This happened all in one motion, probably took all of 10 sec. All I could do was laugh and laugh.

I have a friend who's dog loves dill pickles.

What strange things will you dogs eat or won't eat?

Last edited by lmabernathy; 01-19-2011 at 09:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,316,734 times
I haven't found anything that my Corgi won't eat, inside or out. Any kind of animal droppings, except other dogs poop, he shows no interest in. It can be annoying at times when taking him out to walk. The good thing is if you tell him to "leave it" he will drop it. He also is the first dog that I've had that likes to roll in things. The smellier the better. Although he seems to have outgrown that some.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:51 AM

5,027 posts, read 13,425,952 times
One of mine will eat anything he finds on the ground, poop included. He won't, however, touch fruits or vegetables.

My other is more picky, but seems to have good taste. He loves pickles, avocado sushi rolls, mussels (preferably in blue cheese sauce) and oranges, especially now that they're growing everywhere around here!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:53 AM

3,593 posts, read 10,693,990 times
Oh good thread topic Gator eats clay. He just scratches the ground and munches away. At least it makes yard clean up easier. The boy poops clay pots!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:55 AM

1,203 posts, read 3,879,286 times
Buster eats paper. Toilet paper, paper towels, envelopes, my homework when I was in school, bills, etc. If there is paper in his reach he'll eat it. He also likes carrots and apples. Oh and when he was a puppy he liked to eat cigarette butts he found on the ground. That was fun!

Bella is a little more picky, except she likes poo! I loved having to pull a fresh turd out of her mouth when she was a pup!

Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 AM

16,584 posts, read 33,797,178 times
She ate a week-old leathery dead cat a couple of Summers ago. That's a bit weird.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:49 AM

4,584 posts, read 5,023,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
She ate a week-old leathery dead cat a couple of Summers ago. That's a bit weird.
+

Oh gross. But does Nanners eat bananas? LOL Bella will NOT eat banana. She thinks she wants it but as soon as it's in her mouth she drops it. It's really funny to watch. In mouth, blach, right back out, pick up, out, up, out....

Old 01-19-2011, 10:57 AM

16,584 posts, read 33,797,178 times
Nanners won't eat any fruit or veg, unless it's covered in something tasty. Yesterday she got most of the lettuce and the tomato slice off my bacon-cheeseburger. She ate them because they were drenched in 1000 island.

My Dobermans would all turn their noses up at bananas. They'd eat any other fruit or veg, raw or cooked, but something about banana turned them off.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:13 AM

6,591 posts, read 20,836,531 times
jasper will eat almost anythign, he LOVES my macaws pellet food *rolls eyes* my macaw is also more than happy to toss him plenty...i swear there in it together...but he doesnt like potato chips...he'll lick off whatever is on them then spit out the rest...

my female also likes parrot food...but is picky about most other stuff...it took me 6 months to find a regular food she liked, and her raw food has to be a certain temperature before she'll eat it lol, shes such a picky princess soemtimes!

Old 01-19-2011, 11:23 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,316,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Oh good thread topic Gator eats clay. He just scratches the ground and munches away. At least it makes yard clean up easier. The boy poops clay pots!
Finn is the same way. He eats grass, rocks, sticks and dirt. We have clay here and he loves it. When I had to take a poo sample in the vet said all she could see was plant foliage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or