U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:42 PM

5,240 posts, read 13,977,232 times

Advertisements

Ok, this is my last ditch effort to get help. Please don't release this to Facebook!! We've got people's owner surrender pets on this transport that's broken down. Until we know they're on their way and safe we don't want to upset these families about things they can't do anything about.

Last night we loaded the dogs on the bus to go to Chicago. This morning the couple that runs it got a call from the transport couple that their bus broke down an hour north of Louisville. It took them 12 hours to get there and should have only taken four hours.

They can't explain why they took that long - the deal when they were paid is they were supposed to leave when they loaded them and drive straight through. I'd bet they loaded and slept until morning.

Anyway, they called and said they didn't know where they were and needed the phone number to the lady at the rescue that's taking the dogs. They called her and told her they were outside of Louisville and their bus broke down and asked her to send them money to fix their bus!!! Rescue lady called the couple that arranged the transport screaming at them that this couple wasn't going to make it.

We've spent all day on the phone trying to find a safe place for these dogs until we can get them back on the road. The transport couple was told since they aren't completing the transport we want at least half the money back. Based on the way they're talking, they won't return a penny. Now we need to worry about gathering money to put them on a transport or rent a van to drive them up or something.

There's a rescue locally that will let them sleep in her driveway in a van in their kennels, but some of these dogs are barely able to stand in these crates. They're very cramped in there. One is a momma with her litter of 7 week old puppies. One is a geriatric. One just had major surgery on it's hip. One is a puppy recovering from a mauling by a large dog.

The lady from that local rescue did go check on them. She said they all had food and water and they had clean crates and she helped get them all out and walk them again and play with them. So they've not been confined the entire time, but even what they have been has got to be rough on them.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know any rescues or people that can help move 34 dogs - mostly small, but there are at least 5 or 6 I can think off of the top of my head that are very large dogs - from an hour north of Louisville to Deerfielf, IL over night tonight or early tomorrow? We will gather money locally to send to you if we need to. We're beyond desperate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 03:45 PM

9,352 posts, read 16,768,849 times
omg......

have you googled dog transport services??

Old 01-19-2011, 03:47 PM

3,593 posts, read 10,642,038 times
just Dm'ed you

Old 01-19-2011, 04:03 PM

New development. The couple driving the bus wont' release the dogs!

Old 01-19-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
New development. The couple driving the bus wont' release the dogs!
On the phone with someone that may be able to help. I'll call you in a few minutes

Old 01-19-2011, 04:18 PM

6,591 posts, read 20,703,190 times
wow these people are obviously a couple cards short of a deck, what the hell are they thinking...
get the police involved if you have to.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:34 PM

1,457 posts, read 3,447,095 times
I so wish I lived there near as I would help. I am so worried for those poor dogs especially since they won't release them. What kind of people would do that?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flkingfan View Post
I so wish I lived there near as I would help. I am so worried for those poor dogs especially since they won't release them. What kind of people would do that?
I think Mrs has her hands full right now coordinating things but I've just heard from her that they have some one on their way to get the dogs. I'm sure she will update as soon as she has a free minute!

Old 01-19-2011, 04:39 PM

Ok, just got off the phone with the new transport. They had some transport / rescue people go over there and had them move their bus to a heated garage so the dogs are warm. There are 2 cargo vans on the way to get the dogs and drive them overnight to Chicago. The people that are standing by waiting for the cargo vans have already told them that if they refuse to release the dogs to the cargo vans that we will call the local sheriff's office and we will press charges.

Heading to get dinner and pick up Tammy and get a few drinks in her. She's been crying so hard she can't breathe, let alone talk. This has taken a toll on her. I'm ticked but I guess I handle things differently. I want to go hurt people. She wants to cry. I guess we all deal in our own way!

Old 01-19-2011, 04:43 PM

7,330 posts, read 13,167,971 times
I'm so glad you found transport and I hope the sheriff can resolve this quickly. God bless you! I don't know how you hold up under all this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or