Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:10 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,907,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
The way humanity shows it is "elevated" is the way we treat those creatures who are helpless and under our care. Noone is proposing to elevate the animal kingdom above the human kingdom. Most of us are not the PETA freaks. But Rep King's schpeel a little lacking here.

That's why I can't stress enough for everyone to KNOW who you are voting for and what they stand behind or in this case, don't.

Don't go into a voting booth and "vote", unless you know everything about the person you are voting for.

And congress is a joke, IMO. Talk about corrupt politicians with an agenda that they only benefit from..things need to change, and fast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 04:17 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,172,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
The way humanity shows it is "elevated" is the way we treat those creatures who are helpless and under our care. Noone is proposing to elevate the animal kingdom above the human kingdom. Most of us are not the PETA freaks. But Rep King's schpeel a little lacking here.
I agree! I would never put animals over humans, though I do love my three dogs as if they were my children, I would never expect anyone to put an animals life over a humans life. I don't feel that this has ANYTHING to do with abortion! I can see where King is coming from on that, but that is a little ridiculous. We are talking about these poor animals lives, and it's not right to say that these heartless people that torture and kill these dogs should basically get away with it because abortion is legal. I'm definitely not a PETA "freak", far from it! In fact, I HATE PETA because they think that "pit bulls" (and I guess every other domestic pet) should be killed. To me that is not treating animals right. Killing them off because they live in a home with a good, loving family that provides them with everything they need?! MOST domestic pets have a better life with their family than they would in the wild. That's a whole different conversation though.. Anyway, like I said, this is not about putting animals above humans and this is not about abortion. Dogs depend on their humans for everything, they cannot speak for themselves on this so, we need to! Something needs to be done about all of this, and not just the dog fighting, it's animal abuse in general! Just because abortion is legal and some people don't agree with that does not mean that we should let people get away with animal abuse and let these poor animals continue to suffer!

Old 07-31-2007, 05:12 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,907,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
Anyway, like I said, this is not about putting animals above humans and this is not about abortion. Dogs depend on their humans for everything, they cannot speak for themselves on this so, we need to! Something needs to be done about all of this, and not just the dog fighting, it's animal abuse in general! Just because abortion is legal and some people don't agree with that does not mean that we should let people get away with animal abuse and let these poor animals continue to suffer!

Exactly.

In response to some messages I have received I think I may have caused some confusion with my reason for posting the info.
My point in posting the info that I did was to show that there are many influential people in congress who compare things like the above.
It was making me ill reading some of the attitudes these people in congress have.

I love the saying: "I Own A Pit Bull And I Also Own A Voting Card".
I won't vote for an idiot who has an anti-pit bull stance or one who
votes in favor of BSL.
My family feels the same way.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:42 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,172,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
Exactly.

In response to some messages I have received I think I may have caused some confusion with my reason for posting the info.
My point in posting the info that I did was to show that there are many influential people in congress who compare things like the above.
It was making me ill reading some of the attitudes these people in congress have.

votes in favor of BSL.
I understand what you meant! I love that.. "I Own A Pit Bull And I Also Own A Voting Card" lol.. Except I own 3 pit bulls and a voting card! My family feels the same way as well. My grandmother bred Dobies and my mom grew up with them, and they went through the same thing with the Dobies that my husband and I are going through now with our APBTs. So, they both understand! We have a lot of friends and family that own so-called "dangerous" breeds and the few that don't LOVE our dogs. I don't personally know one person that is for BSL. When our neighbors moved in they HATED "pit bulls"! They were trying to get us evicted before they even moved in because they had seen our dogs! Long story short, they moved in and came over to meet us and right away they fell in love with our little monsters! Their 2 year old son and 3 year old daughter LOVE our dogs as well! Now our neighbors are like my husband and I, anytime they hear someone say something false or mean about "pit bulls" they tell them the truth! Now they are looking to adopt a pit! Anyway, I know that was a little off track.. sorry! lol! But, I feel the same way, people need to really know what they are voting for when they vote. I'm definitely going to start paying more attention to whats going on!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:55 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
votes in favor of BSL.
Unfortunately I cannot vote, but my wife can vote for me. I already know who she wont be voting for

Old 08-03-2007, 08:42 AM

512 posts, read 1,564,779 times
Irony? or dogs with good taste?
Attached Thumbnails
Michael Vick: Indited on Illegal Dog Fighting!!!-vick.jpg  

Old 08-03-2007, 09:05 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Classy picture!
I gotta email that to people.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:44 AM

114 posts, read 208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
I hope this guy gets neutered and kept in a cage for the rest of his life and that's probably better than whats going to happen to these poor dogs.
Often stolen family pets are used as bait for these dogs in training. Golden retrievers, Labs, are the dogs of choice and many people that give free puppies are often duped into giving them to these creeps. This is a big problem.
Wow I never stopped to think about that What U said hit me hard I can imagine my dog taken and used as pratice before a fight she wouldn't have a chance against a Pitbull good Quote You get a Rep forthat one Definitely

Old 08-03-2007, 11:00 AM

114 posts, read 208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Watched Bill O'Reilly (yeah i know ) tonight and he pointed out about JayZ having a pitbull one one of his CD's and the uncensored version of the video had him handling a dog in a fight ? Can anybody confirm this ? He basically blamed gangbangers, druggies and rappers which I whole heartedly agree with. I was very surprised he didnt blame the dog for being a bad breed but fair play he didnt.

I say they jail Vick, dont issue him clothes and order him to spen 20 years in the showers picking up soap.
Well I wont say all Gangbanners, and Rappers are in on this belive it or not some of them really do care for there dogs but I get you point I'm just as angered as everyone else on this post but unfortunely he'll get a slap on the wrist and will go on to playing with the falcons But i will guran-Damn-tee that ticket sales and the amount of fan support the falcons receive will be greatly diminished so only time and patients will tell.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:41 AM

575 posts, read 3,694,460 times
a little of track but..........it's our job to protect the dogs from other dogs and animals, and our dogs job is to hopefully protect us from the bad people who are trying to hurt us.

If an animal is ever aggressive toward your dog always stand in between and defend your dog. Always carry something when you walk your dog, like pepper spray, a big stick, a knife or a gun. Don't think it will never happen to you and your pet.

Vick is nothing but your typical ghetto trash. I hope he does time, time and more time. Fines won't hurt him but time will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs