Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 12:14 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,588,711 times

Advertisements

wow reading all this talk of cold weather is making me chilled but it really does not take much to make us So. Calif girls chilled!

Dawn I am so sorry to hear about your leg and hope it heals fast. The hospital really does not caste breaks that often anymore but uses boots of splints to stabilize a bone if necessary. Glad Artie at least snuggles with you as you heal.

I tore a tendon once while running agility with Jazz I was doing a front cross and as I pivoted I felt it rip and down I went...talk about pain OMG! I do have a pretty high threshold for pain but this was too much even for me. I went to the ER and lucked out as one of my favorite docs was on. There are a few that had they been on and walked in I would have run out even on that painful leg! The nice part was I ended up with some time off work, the bad part is I do live alone and my bedroom is upstairs so there were some tough days before it got better, Dang dogs couldn't even make my meals for me!

I also got tripped by leahes once while walking Jazz and Dash on a rough parking lot. A man had pulled up and let his dog out off leash to run in the field by the parking lot. The dog headed straight for us, Jazz saw it and lunged towards it , Dash saw it and thought Crap I am out of here and headed the other direction so the leahses crossed in front of me and down I went and ended up with a rather serious split in my cheek ( face not butt ) and there was alot of blood and it took me a few minutes to get up and the man with the other dog didn't even call out " are you Ok". I ended up holding an empty poop bag to my face to try to stop the bleeding as we headed home. I put steri strips on it and washed it with willards water everyday and it healed ok despite one of the ER docs that saw me that night at work saying " that needs stitches".

Owning a dog can be a dangerous thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 12:15 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
OMG!!!!!!! That's CRAZY! Six years?

Um, let me think about you taking Artie.

[pause]
[pause]

OK, Fed Ex has been called. He'll be arriving tomorrow. Next-day air -- he deserves the best in travel.

PS. You didn't have to respond to this thread, y'know. Email is a good thing. * Snort! *

PPS. xoxo

Bwwwwahahahahahahahahaha

Old 01-24-2011, 12:17 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
So ....do we have a tracking # on the furbutt?

Old 01-24-2011, 12:25 PM

417 posts, read 1,068,314 times
Oh my gosh Dawn, just saw this! Glad to hear those happy pills are helping...hope you have a quick recovery!! And you could always ship Artie over here too..Sydney is dying for a brother and its his birthday tomorrow..although I'd probably be walking around with a broken ankle if I had to take two dogs out on this ice/snow..Sydney does the same thing as Artie...will only go in the deepest snow/ iciest area he can find

Old 01-24-2011, 12:26 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
they are truly wonderful..... i still have a few from my knee injuries last year....
Vicodin is my friend, Vicodin is my friend, Vicodin is my friend...

That's my new motto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
wow reading all this talk of cold weather is making me chilled but it really does not take much to make us So. Calif girls chilled!

Dawn I am so sorry to hear about your leg and hope it heals fast. The hospital really does not caste breaks that often anymore but uses boots of splints to stabilize a bone if necessary. Glad Artie at least snuggles with you as you heal.

I tore a tendon once while running agility with Jazz I was doing a front cross and as I pivoted I felt it rip and down I went...talk about pain OMG! I do have a pretty high threshold for pain but this was too much even for me. I went to the ER and lucked out as one of my favorite docs was on. There are a few that had they been on and walked in I would have run out even on that painful leg! The nice part was I ended up with some time off work, the bad part is I do live alone and my bedroom is upstairs so there were some tough days before it got better, Dang dogs couldn't even make my meals for me!

I also got tripped by leahes once while walking Jazz and Dash on a rough parking lot. A man had pulled up and let his dog out off leash to run in the field by the parking lot. The dog headed straight for us, Jazz saw it and lunged towards it , Dash saw it and thought Crap I am out of here and headed the other direction so the leahses crossed in front of me and down I went and ended up with a rather serious split in my cheek ( face not butt ) and there was alot of blood and it took me a few minutes to get up and the man with the other dog didn't even call out " are you Ok". I ended up holding an empty poop bag to my face to try to stop the bleeding as we headed home. I put steri strips on it and washed it with willards water everyday and it healed ok despite one of the ER docs that saw me that night at work saying " that needs stitches".

Owning a dog can be a dangerous thing!
YIKES!!!!!

Yeah, I was a bit surprised when the doc was talking all casual about casts and splints and crutches... and then actually shrugged herself off. I didn't want any of the three, either, so I was pretty happy that they weren't being pushed on me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
So ....do we have a tracking # on the furbutt?
Yeah:

The devil dog!

Old 01-24-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan5 View Post
Oh my gosh Dawn, just saw this! Glad to hear those happy pills are helping...hope you have a quick recovery!! And you could always ship Artie over here too..Sydney is dying for a brother and its his birthday tomorrow..although I'd probably be walking around with a broken ankle if I had to take two dogs out on this ice/snow..Sydney does the same thing as Artie...will only go in the deepest snow/ iciest area he can find
Thanks! Want a Vicodin? They can be your friend too!

I have a feeling that ShelbyGirl will have enough of Artie by Friday, so she can ship him onto you. Best to have Sydney's birthday without Artie jumping all over him anyway. After Syd has a great #1 (birthday; not pee), the games can begin!

Old 01-24-2011, 12:36 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Quote:
Vicodin is my friend, Vicodin is my friend, Vicodin is my friend...

That's my new motto.

Yeah:

The devil dog!
...and a round of Vicodin for everyone! Now Dawn you know you wouldn't part with Artie for anything! Besides....whatever would we do on CD with out the Artie poop updates???

Old 01-24-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
...and a round of Vicodin for everyone! Now Dawn you know you wouldn't part with Artie for anything! Besides....whatever would we do on CD with out the Artie poop updates???
Woot woot! With a wine chaser! Nooooo, that would be wrong. And I don't drink. But, apparently, I can pop pills like a champ! This round is on me, everybodyyyyyy! *giggle giggle*

Nah, Artie and I are velcro-buddies. I'm as attached to him as he is to me. But it's nice to dream...

If the dream comes true, ShelbyGirl and/or Jordan can provide poop updates. I'm sure they're funnier to read than they are to write!

Old 01-24-2011, 12:47 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Quote:
Woot woot! With a wine chaser! Nooooo, that would be wrong. And I don't drink. But, apparently, I can pop pills like a champ! This round is on me, everybodyyyyyy! *giggle giggle*

Nah, Artie and I are velcro-buddies. I'm as attached to him as he is to me. But it's nice to dream...

If the dream comes true, ShelbyGirl and/or Jordan can provide poop updates. I'm sure they're funnier to read than they are to write!
Trust me...its pretty hilarious from this position...probably not so much from the "anal"yst chair (yup pun intended)

Old 01-24-2011, 12:52 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Bahahahahahahahaha I guess our blood has thinned living down here. 40 degrees is cold! Even my dogs don't want to go outside for more than a few minutes! Exactly who's kidney did you have in mind
I'm guessing that one of Artie's is on Ebay about now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs