U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:28 AM

3,593 posts, read 10,647,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
OMG, people suck! What a crazy woman! Have you ever seen them before?

We now have a front lawn and there is always poop on it, even though our dogs don't go in the front. On Sunday, I open the front door and see a huge dog taking a giant dump. I only saw the dog from my angle, but not the owner who was holding the leash a few feet back. He started to walk away, and I came out. He looked at me and started to stutter something about going home to get a bag...right, I'm sure you were! I handed him one of ours and watched him pick it up. He didn't look too pleased, but hopefully that's the last of that. I truly don't get people that let their dogs crap on other's property AND not pick it up.

Sorry you're going through this, people are psychotic these days! If I were you, I'd have a camera rolling the next time Fluffy craps on your lawn. That's the best evidence you can get!
Yup - I know who the "lady" (and I use that term loosely) is. She is known for never picking up after her dog. A lot of the neighbors around here work during the day so she is never "caught in the act".

DH just called back & our attorney friend is calling down to the police station (precinct or whatever its called) to see what is going on. He seems to think there is more to what the woman is claiming I did than what I was told since I'm to expect a detective's call. Geez - all I wanted her to do was to pick up after her dog!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM

4,628 posts, read 9,254,047 times
No! Get outta town!!!

Start making noise to the police about the "lady" filing a false police report. Have your DH's friend, the attorney, write a letter to the "lady" giving her notice that she is not to trespass...suggest she pay your attorney's fees. (PS: Know it's not nice, but give her something to stress about other than phony complaints).

What a waste of police manpower, time, money. And people wonder why the police aren't out fighting crime - cause they're out id'ing desperados,that's why!!!...people are just goofy ~

Old 01-26-2011, 11:34 AM

18,509 posts, read 28,097,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Well...DH is officially freaking out! He kept asking "Are they going to arrest you?" How in the heck do I know???? I've never been in trouble with the law in my life. DH is calling friend of ours that is a lawyer to get advice. He does kinda have me scared now too. I sure hope that they can't arrest me for this. I mean really.....this is absurd.
They can't arrest you hun. its a he said she said thing. And by her very words you threatened violence against her house, not her person.

if she does manages to get a RO it would be something like don't go withing 50 ft of her house. and that would be temporary (just a couple of months)

Old 01-26-2011, 11:41 AM

3,593 posts, read 10,647,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
They can't arrest you hun. its a he said she said thing. And by her very words you threatened violence against her house, not her person.

if she does manages to get a RO it would be something like don't go withing 50 ft of her house. and that would be temporary (just a couple of months)
Thats what I thought at first until DH started freaking out. He got concerned because the officer that was here said to "expect a follow up call from the detectives this afternoon" Any idea why that would be??? I mean all I did was tell her I would put her dog's poop onto her porch and I was easily 30 yards from her when I said it. How in the heck is that a threat to her????

Old 01-26-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Thats what I thought at first until DH started freaking out. He got concerned because the officer that was here said to "expect a follow up call from the detectives this afternoon" Any idea why that would be??? I mean all I did was tell her I would put her dog's poop onto her porch and I was easily 30 yards from her when I said it. How in the heck is that a threat to her????
I just sent you a DM, don't want to put all my business on here.

don't worry at all.
The cops probably think the woman is nuts.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:49 AM

455 posts, read 1,007,794 times
The cheeky *****, filing a complaint against you - I hope you made a complaint about her for not clearing her dog's poo up.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suei View Post
The cheeky *****, filing a complaint against you - I hope you made a complaint about her for not clearing her dog's poo up.
that might be something that she can do.

certain cities have ordinances against not picking up dog poo. The woman could be fined.

In fact she can be fined for littering in some parts.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:53 AM

8,039 posts, read 3,957,011 times
I wonder if you can file a harrassment claim against her since she is clearly harrassing you at this point with all the threats of police, detectives etc. Just wondering. Sounds like she has nothing better to do.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
I wonder if you can file a harrassment claim against her since she is clearly harrassing you at this point with all the threats of police, detectives etc. Just wondering. Sounds like she has nothing better to do.
no she can't.

It has to be repetitive non merited cases.

If she took VA- Cat to caught a zillion times and each time it was thrown out then Va Cat would have a valid harassment claim against her.

she has a right to call the cops when she is scared, but the cops must be really bored to follow through with it.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:58 AM

9,352 posts, read 16,776,804 times
oh sweet JESUS......

i would definitely look into some sort of counter-complaint about her dog decorating your yard.....

and the officer said a detective would CALL, right?? not come over....

i seriously doubt that you have anything to worry about.... they are probably going to be more annoyed with HER for this ridiculous waste of their time.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or