Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:13 PM

455 posts, read 1,238,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
I don't care about pee on my yard either. Are we just used to it as dog owners?
For me it's because I don't have an open plan garden, its fenced off with privet hedging so dogs can pee all day long and it wouldn't be detrimental to my lawn.

As a dog owner if I did have an open plan garden, I would probably assume my own dog was causing the damage.

Now if I didn't own a dog and had an open plan garden then I would have a problem with other dog owners allowing their dogs to wee on it.

I have to add I don't allow Duke to wee on other people's gardens but he has christened the odd gate post, in his time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 04:53 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,242,141 times
Heck, I pee on my lawn. Usually at night...

Old 02-08-2011, 03:28 AM

386 posts, read 1,364,010 times
My old neighbor used to do this also. When I asked them not to let their dog pee on our lawn, they said female dogs do not cause brown spots, just males. Not sure where they got that from, but I told them nicely that is not true and they stopped. Luckily, they were considerate neighbors. So, maybe this person has the same misconception.

I don't let my dogs walk on anyones lawn, they know they have to stay on the road with me until we get to the empty lots in our neighborhood. This way, a neighbor does not think I am going to let them poop in their yard.

Hope you can work it out with your neighbor.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:43 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
My favorite thing is the border collie mix in my 'hood who routinely jumps his fence and roams at large through the neighborhood, and frequently tags along on our walks (which makes me insanely nervous, due to our sidestreet's proximity to a main thoroughfare). I'm sure people see him romping side by side with my leashed dog and I, pooping and peeing merrily on their lawns, and curse ME. Sorry, not my dog, not my responsiblity. Mine's the one on the leash.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:20 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I don't care about pee either, but my neighbor across the street lets her dogs out in the early morning..she's not dressed, so I choose to think that if she were, she would pick it up... and her two little dogs cross the street and poop in my yard. I don't really know her, but if I talk to her in the future I'm going to mention it. I think I might not be above just throwing it back into her yard, but I don't want to be petty.
We are not super concerned about it, but if our dog, or grand dogs, poo in someone else's yard we pick it up. duh. It's just bad manners not to.
This is not okay. I once had a neighbor that did this, and when I figured out who was doing it, and at what time (very early) I made sure it stopped. People who do this act innocent, but know exactly what is going on.

Of course I pick up our dogs' poop during dog walks, and of course I do not let them tromp all over the place. Usually, before we set out on our walks, the dogs have already 'been there and done that' in their dog run during the early morning hours.
But they are going to pee. It's what they do. It's how they communicate.

Pee happens.
Life is too short for me to get worked up over every dog in the neighborhood lifting their leg on our wizened little shrub in the front yard, or squatting on our blue-eyed grass. We grow native plants in front, and put the 'special' stuff in pots or further away.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:22 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I have a couple of neighbors that I make sure get their city easement area pissed on regularly because of their wonderful attitudes. I also make sure Brutus dumps on the strip also. I pick up of course. However a little does tend to get smeared in if you know what I mean. One jerk stands in his front window and glares at me while I smile back and wave as Brutus does his business. LMAO

Some of you people are funny.
I've been thinking about this post, and at the risk of starting another batch of posts that will get deleted. It might seem funny to antagonize people, but you just might do it to someone who will get more & more angry until they retaliate not against you but against your dog. And you can retaliate back against them but it won't bring your dog back. So please for the sake of your dog, don't do it. I know having read a certain deleted post I'm going to be more careful about getting my dogs out into the gutter before they pee.

Last edited by subject2change; 02-08-2011 at 07:21 AM..

Old 02-08-2011, 07:43 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,242,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
By the way, I don't live in a city, or in any sort of built up area.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:52 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Snort!

Quote:
By the way, I don't live in a city, or in any sort of built up area.
Oh, don't go back-pedalling now. It's your lawn, it's your pee, it's all good. Unless, of course, your neighbors get upset at the flashing part of the event.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,534,458 times
I don't see the problem with pee in the yard as long as it's not on flowers or plants. And we most definitely pick up all our dogs' poo. I think getting upset over a dog peeing in grass is slightly a little over the top. There are so many things in life that are worth worry or two...this is wasted energy in my opinion.

But if a homeowner found my dogs' peeing in their grass super upsetting and the owner asked (hopefully nicely) me not to allow my dogs to do their business any more in their yard...I would respect that wish. Oh course, I would be laughing (in my mind) at how uptight and rigid their life must be.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:16 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Most people who walk their dogs are respectful of others yards but there are a few that have no respect whatsoever. They allow their dogs to pee on someone elses yard. I`ve watched them(they don`t know I`m watching) and the owners look away and try to act nonchilont like nothing is going on. What`s wrong with these people...
You need to run out from your undercover place and pee on the dog and its owner....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs