Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 02:52 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,846,073 times

Advertisements

Excellent Videos!!!MAYBE YOU'LL LEARN something about APBT and other "pit bulls"!!!

YouTube - Hero dogs
This one is for all the people who think these dogs are monsters!!!

YouTube - AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER...AN AMERICAN HERO

YouTube - The Great American Pit Bull Terrier

These two are only some of the excellent videos who describe this wonderful breed!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 04:48 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,172,729 times
Talking WoNdErFuL videos!

I LOVE those videos! The Hero dogs video always make me cry and it is one that I have shown a lot of people myself... The Great American Pit Bull Terrier video is by far my favorite video of all! I'm not sure if I have seen the other one or not though.. I am going to watch it right now and I'll let you know what I think! Ohh.. I have seen the APBT an American Hero video.. I like that one as well! All three are wonderful videos!

Oh, sinse I started watching all of those youtube "pit bull" and BSL videos I decided that I wanted to make my own! lol! I really didn't know what I was doing when I made them and I still don't know much about all of that stuff, but I did my best and I made quite a few videos! I would love for you to watch them and let me know what you think!

Jumpcut - The real pit bull (http://www.jumpcut.com/view?id=69774E102FBD11DC9353000423CF381C - broken link)

Jumpcut - Stop BSL 2 (http://www.jumpcut.com/view?id=191B9CB02E8111DCA3E8000423CEF5F6 - broken link)

Jumpcut - What is a "pit bull"?? (http://www.jumpcut.com/view?id=9662618A30B211DCA6E2000423CF385C - broken link)

There is a couple more, but I like these three the best..

Old 07-21-2007, 05:25 PM

I love them!!!You're a really talented filmmaker. One day, you'll need to send me an autograph because you'll be in Hollywood.I LOVE all of the movies, but my favorite is The Real Pit Bull because the music in the background reminds me that if we do something for them, there will be a hope for those wonderful dogs!!!GO AHEAD PIT BULL MOMMIE!!!If you can tell me where we can sign up ( is there any petition or anything like that, some web sites for example ) to help these doggies, I am all up for it. I'll actually send all of your videos to my friends so they can see!!!

Old 07-21-2007, 07:48 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Great collection.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Does not liking pit bulls instantly make someone "ignorant"?

Old 07-23-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Not actually not liking. But it seems that people who don't know anything about this wonderful breed say that they are monsters, killing machines and they believe all this crap that media says. That makes them ignorant. The fact that they trust all this media crap, without knowing and/or WANTING to know the characteristics of this breed makes them like that. That's why these poor animals suffer on everyday basis, and some people want to ban this breed.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:42 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
People can not like what ever they want. If you read through the forums youll see alot of ignorance in regards to 'Pit Bulls' etc.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
In my opinion, not liking "pit bulls" does not make someone ignorant. A lot of people don't like animals or dogs.. period! Everyone has their own opinions and their own likes and dislikes, some people like small breeds, some like medium breeds, some like large breeds... working breeds, hounds, terriers, etc and that most definitely does not make someone ignorant. I am pretty sure what Lastra meant, was that people that choose to believe all of the crazy myths and media stories that have been butchered and twisted around to be amazingly over dramatic simply to get ratings over the cold hard facts are quite ignorant. I feel the same way, I think it is unbelievably sad and close-minded when people believe the false crap instead of the truth, the facts that have been put in front of them time and time again. To me, it's not a matter of liking or disliking certain breeds, it's a matter of ill informed people that choose to believe crazy crap over the truth and then spread that crazy crap around to other close-minded, easily influenced people. Not everyone needs to like "pit bulls", but people need to stop spreading crazy myths and rumors just to hurt three great breeds! Now, I can't speak for Lastra and like I said, that's what I was assuming she meant and how I feel about all for this.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:18 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,410 times
I used to be one of those "ignorant" people, used to think pits were horrible, mean breed that need to be banned..BUT I had never been around one, just believing all the junk I heard on the news and word of mouth..However after a trip to MI where my cousin raised Pits, my opinion changed to one that these were very gentle dogs that would do absolutly anything my cousin told them to do, without regard for themselves...My step bro has 6 pits now, all of whom are big babies, and all which are around my children and my moms 12 grandchildren everyday. While I still dont completly trust them..as with any dog thats not mine.My opinion changed competly.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
I used to be one of those "ignorant" people, used to think pits were horrible, mean breed that need to be banned..BUT I had never been around one, just believing all the junk I heard on the news and word of mouth..However after a trip to MI where my cousin raised Pits, my opinion changed to one that these were very gentle dogs that would do absolutly anything my cousin told them to do, without regard for themselves...My step bro has 6 pits now, all of whom are big babies, and all which are around my children and my moms 12 grandchildren everyday. While I still dont completly trust them..as with any dog thats not mine.My opinion changed competly.
Thanks for your post! I love reading stories like that! I was scared to death of "pit bulls" for the longest time, because I believed all of the myths and media stories. I did grow up around my friends American Pit Bull Terrier and she was a sweet heart, but I guess I just assumed that she was different from all of the other "pit bulls". Then my husband and I got our first American Pit Bull Terrier.. a 8 week old, brindle, male that we named Brooklyn. When we first got him I was scared of my own 8 week old puppy, but I quickly got over it! Next thing we knew we were absolutely head over heels for this amazing breed and now we have three APBTs! We have Brooklyn, who is now about 1 year and 2 months old, then we saved Destiny, our white and tan female, when she was about 6 weeks old and she is now 6 months old, and about a week ago we saved Jayda, our black and white female who is 7 1/2 months old. I have have never owned an American Staffordshire Terrier or a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, but I have done quite a bit of research on them as I was researching American Pit Bull Terriers and they are amazing breeds as well! All three breeds have so much in common, well, obviously.. that's why they are all three grouped as "pit bulls", but I thought that they all just looked a like. All three breeds are smart, stable, trustworthy, tolerant, loyal, devoted, determined, goofy and almost human like in how they act and what they do! I can definitely understand why some people don't like "pit bulls" or are scared of "pit bulls", but if people would just be a little more open minded, do some research and learn the truth about these three breeds they would (hopefully) have a better opinion of them.

These are our fur babies...

All three of our dogs are very well trained and socialized and they are extremely obedient. As you said about cousin's pits, ours will do anything we tell them to do, they live to please people! They love children and adults, even if they have never met them before, and even though all three "pit bull" breeds to tend to be somewhat dog aggressive, all three of ours love dogs, cats, etc. Now, they aren't perfect, just like no dog is.. Brooklyn will get kind of protective over me sometimes, but only when my husband isn't around and only if an adult that Brooklyn doesn't know is around me. He doesn't get mean, he just sits right in front of me for a while and keeps an eye on everything! lol! Even then though, once he sees that no one is out to hurt me, he is absolutely fine! I don't really see that as a bad thing though. My husband goes out of town for work sometimes and I always feel safe because I know that Brooklyn would never let anyone hurt me. Destiny and Jayda on the other hand, love everyone and everything all of the time!

Last edited by PitBullMommie1206; 07-23-2007 at 10:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs