Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 08:19 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,009,205 times

Advertisements

My 13 year old Boston Terrier is a major velcro dog. She follows me wherever I go. It doesn't matter if she is in a deep sleep. If I get up, she senses it, will wake up and follow me. In fact, she usually gets underfoot because she follows me so closely. If I am sitting on the couch, she will snuggle up next to my hip. When I go to sleep, she has to be snuggled up against me in bed. If I move positions, she will move to be close to me. Since I work from home, I am on the computer most of the day. She sleeps on her little doggy bed right next to me.

I love her to death and wouldn't have it any other way!!! Tell me about your velcro dogs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 08:34 AM

533 posts, read 1,831,325 times
Our dog is attached to me. I'm supposed to be really good with using the "Go On" command to help with this because it doesn't help his separation anxiety, but I forget to use it all the time. He likes to sit on the floor near me on the couch, next to my side of the bed, outside the bathroom door when I am showering, follows me from room to room, etc. The worst is in the kitchen because ours is on the small side and being underfoot is be dangerous, so I've been better about telling him to go on when I am in there. He used to lay under the table when we ate, but our trainer nipped that one pretty quick and had us put him in a Stay away from us everytime we ate. Now he knows to put himself in a Stay while we eat. For me, it's great that he wants to be near me, but I know it's not good for him because he gets upset when I leave. Even when my boyfriend is here with him, he won't even play with his toys when I am gone. So for him I have to be more consisten with not allowing him to be a velcro dog. He's just so darn cute that it's hard to do sometimes!

Old 02-26-2011, 08:42 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,206,355 times
*raises hand*

When I named her Shadow I had no idea she would take it so literally.......

Old 02-26-2011, 08:57 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,301,361 times
Angel (female lab) is a velcro dog to my hubby.

When he is gone she cries almost non stop.

When he is home if he moves a foot she moves a foot.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:06 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,001,903 times
**raises both hands**

bailey and dave both are attached to my hip.....

Old 02-26-2011, 09:15 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,049,656 times
Mostly same as above. There are certain areas, whether I'm sitting or standing, where he has to be leaning against me or under my hand. If it's not that, I have to be within his sight. I think if he wasn't such a velcro dog I would be lost because I'm so used to it.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:22 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,508,770 times
I have three of them the but the one that sticks the most is the pug. I have mentioned before that he is blind but he does get around quite well. He sticks like super glue. No matter where I am he finds me and is right underfoot. If he cannot find me he sits in the other room or where ever and woofs every 2 or 3 minutes until I come get him. If I am sitting on the couch he has to be up with me and gets as close as he can. Always at some point some part of his little body has to be touching mine. I love him dearly though and would not have it any other way.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:27 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,831,040 times
both my dogs are on invisible leashes lol.
my females a little less clingy than my male in that she will give me space, i can go to the bathroom and shell only check on me once...
but she puts up the most fuss if i close a door behind me or leave for a while, she cries practically none stop. and shes always watching every move i make.
my male is a follow me everywhere kind of dog, if i go to the potty he sits and watches me, (gotta make sure the potty doesnt eat momma) if i take a shower hes the one popping his head around the curtain every 5 seconds to make sure the shower hasnt eaten me or i escaped through some door he didnt know about...if i move hes there...
but he doesnt bother uite as much when i leave the house.

but yeah...i used to be bathroom shy untill i got these 2...now im lucky if i can get in the bathroom and shut the door before they get in there...im pretty sure they think theres a secret exit of that my shower is going to swallow me one day.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:56 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,009,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
My 13 year old Boston Terrier is a major velcro dog. She follows me wherever I go. It doesn't matter if she is in a deep sleep. If I get up, she senses it, will wake up and follow me. In fact, she usually gets underfoot because she follows me so closely. If I am sitting on the couch, she will snuggle up next to my hip. When I go to sleep, she has to be snuggled up against me in bed. If I move positions, she will move to be close to me. Since I work from home, I am on the computer most of the day. She sleeps on her little doggy bed right next to me.

I love her to death and wouldn't have it any other way!!! Tell me about your velcro dogs!
I love these stories!! Please post pictures of your velcro fur babies!!

Old 02-26-2011, 10:23 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,508,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
I love these stories!! Please post pictures of your velcro fur babies!!
The picture of my velcro baby is on my profile page. I really need to get busy and post some pics of the other two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs