Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 02:07 PM

417 posts, read 1,068,048 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used the Luvmypet Low Cost clinics at Petco? Sydney is due for his annual vaccinations soon, and we have his annual check-up scheduled at our vet but I was thinking about getting his Rabies and Distemper done at this clinic. Has anyone taken their pup to one of these and if so, how was it? It looks like its way cheaper than the vet but I want to make sure they are on the up and up. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 04:01 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
I use walk in clinics all the time. Haven't used Petco just because I always find a cheaper price at the feed store or mobile vets. But I wouldn't hesitate to use Petco.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:04 PM

718 posts, read 2,078,594 times
I used those religiously and what I found out is that they are not that much cheaper than taking your dog to a good vet. The vet goes over the pet with a fine tooth comb. That is how she found out my pet had a necrotic tumor....and now a growth on her mandible which is being biopsyed on Thursday. My shots at Luv My Pet for 2 dogs were over $300...same at the vet only with a life saving exam. Needless to say, not going back to the clinic.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:07 PM

45 posts, read 71,784 times
I used the Petco clinic once and it was a bad experience for me.They showed up almost an hour late,huirried everybody through the line.I do the shots myself,except for the Rabies,and just have the vet do the annual exam and Rabies shot.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,490,423 times
I don't know about PetCo, but at PetsMart they tend to (at least in my area) up-sale.
Know what shots your pets need and/or are required by law to have, and be able to answer "No" to the recommended extras.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:46 AM

417 posts, read 1,068,048 times
Thanks for all the info! Sydney will still be going to his annual checkup whether he gets his vaccines done at the clinic or at the vet. Our vet is very expensive but very thorough so I do not want to switch vets but when looking at the clinic prices, he can get the shots he needs as well as the heartworm test for $70..we'd be looking at more like $300 at the vet. I did do research into what shots he actually needs as I realize whether at the vet or at a clinic they will probably try to sell more than is needed. I'll try looking into other clinics in the area as well...I am looking into these clinics strictly for vaccines...as mentioned, he will also be going to his regular vet for a more thorough checkip...if anyone else has had any experiences, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs