Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:58 PM

621 posts, read 3,206,094 times

Advertisements

I love all these replies! Here are the things that I believe to annoy my dogs:

1. Putting them all the way in the back of the SUV (one loves to sit in the passenger seat, and if I'd let him he'd sit on my lap he would-he's 65 lbs.), but within 5 mins he's found his way back up front
2. Wiping their paws off when coming in from going potty in the rain, they LOATHE that. They act as if I'm ripping their hair out or something.
3. Actually making them go out in the rain to go potty

I'm sure there are many other things that annoy my boys, but luckily they don't tell me .

Last edited by msjack; 03-16-2011 at 11:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 06:01 AM

386 posts, read 1,363,884 times
Like others have said, not paying enough attention to the doggie (by her standards, not mine). Then I get the paw reach, trying to drag my hand to her belly for belly rubs. When that does not work, pitiful whining occurs. Finally she gets up, goes to lay somewhere else with a HUGH sigh to let me know she is not pleased with my behavior. Cracks me up every time.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:32 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,894,483 times
Winnie, our newer dog (discussed elsewhere on C-D), hates when I don't seem to want her in my lap with her paws on the steering wheel when I'm driving. Sitting in the "shotgun" seat isn't enough; she wants to drive. Maybe some kind of PTSD reaction after being run-over: "If I'm gonna be anywhere near a car, I'd better be in control!"

Old 03-17-2011, 05:37 PM

10 posts, read 43,504 times
My pittie mix HATES ANY kind of loud noises. He goes INSANE over sneezes,yells,coughs,anything LOL
And also waking him up at night to go out to the bathroom

Old 03-17-2011, 06:30 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,584,724 times
One of my BF's chihuahuas gets really angry if anyone whistles...she goes bananas, growling with bared teeth and all ! It's worse if she can't see the source of the whistle, (if the person's in another room)...she won't go seek out the source, but will stay on her little doggie bed like a Queen just growling away, until it stops .

Mine don't mind whistling, but they've told me that bathtime and nail clipping time are highly annoying activities....

Old 03-17-2011, 10:19 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,322,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
When I was a kid, we had a poodle that hated sneezing. If you'd sneeze, she'd bark insanely. We used to fake-sneeze just to drive her crazy.
That would be my GSD girl. She doesn't bark. What she does is shudder, turn her head as far away from hubby's direction as possible, sometimes putting her body into a snake-like position, and tries to climb on my lap without looking in his direction. The impression she gives is that she thinks he has some dreadful disease he's deliberately spreading.

But she only hates it when hubby sneezes. Or coughs. Or clears his throat. Or shows his feet. Or when I ask him for a back rub and he rubs too hard and I say 'ouch.' You don't want to make me say 'ouch' when she's around. She gets a cross-eyed, pinched look and hubby lets go real quick.

I can sneeze and she won't react and that's because everyone knows 'mom' doesn't have germs. I don't think there is a thing in the world that I do that she doesn't think is better than fine. Except for the fact that she can't figure out why I call my beagle my 'cutie pie.' She hates that.

She's not jealous of Mister. When I show him attention she gives me a girl look that says she knows I am just humouring him.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:35 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Any form of cleaning...vacuuming, dusting, spray bottles, paper towels, Swiffers, brooms, all drive him nuts. If he had it his way, we'd be living in filth. I dread vacuuming, because it's non-stop barking and drooling for an hour, followed by a splitting headache and a strong drink (for me, that is).
My dog hates the vacuum too, so I usually have to put him in another room... otherwise he barks & snaps at it the whole darned time!!

Is this what they're thinking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXCY8HPFgv8

Old 03-17-2011, 11:37 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Other things my dog HATES: Sneezing, fake fart noises, his own real fart noises, "raspberries" on his belly/back, the word BATH, and watching the cats get food he's not allowed to have. He also hates puppies, dogs with wrinkled faces, squirrels, skunks & raccoons... but I think at least the latter three are common to most dogs.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:42 AM

553 posts, read 1,544,770 times
I always heard that we can't hear most dog farts because they don't have butt cheeks. But I get a kick out of watching Snoopy look at her butt when one does make it's escape and we both heard it.

Anyway, my dogs love the rain and snow because of the mud it creates. However, they detest with a passion and are completely "abused" when we have to put their muddy feet in a pan of warm water to wash their joyous collection of mud off. But they love all of the attention afterward with the warm towels and treats when it's over.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:16 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Bear and Angel hate the same stuff as above.

They also hate closed doors...mostly the bathroom.

Angel HATES pop corn in the microwave.

Today was bath day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs