U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2012, 11:20 AM

55 posts, read 50,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I had this issue with the people across the street. The side of their house and backyard face my house and instead of playing with or walking this border collie they just dumped it in the yard and their property sits on the main road with the sidewalks where people walk, ride bikes and walk their pets. This would go on for hours. I keep rescue dogs here and they never made racket like this and finally one day I just got their address off their house and sent them an anonymous letter and made it sound as if it was from some couple a street over and not me. I haven't heard a peep out of that dog since and now they walk it regularly.

I made the mistake of confronting my next door neighbor about their yorkie out in the rain at 2 a.m. and inside the open garage echoing for 4 hours. The anonymous letter was a much better way to go. If I still have it I'll send it to you via DM.
Hi,
I just read this and your situation is almost exactly like mine. I've called the police several times and every time, they refer me to the city prosecutor! Here's the sore point about that: Even though Phoenix has a barking dog ordinance, I (the victim) have to do all the leg work, filing the complaint, getting petitions signed, waiting on court dates and paying the fees to do so! What kind of solution is that? I have the offender's name and address (off property tax records), and his phone number. I've tried calling him, but all the calls roll over to voice mail (probably hiding out from other unhappy neighbors regarding his yappy pest of a dog). The majority of my neighbors have dogs - big ones, little ones... NOT ONE of them carries on like this one. Yaps at everything - people passing by, cars (and I live on a busy major street), blowing leaves, kids riding bicycles, you name it, this "pita" barks at everything. I've been keeping a log for use when I can afford to sue the jerk - this has been going on daily for months! I get results by going out in my front yard and SHOUTING across the street to SHUT THAT DOG UP! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The only reason I kinda smile about having to do that is that it calls attention (to the whole neighborhood) to what a crappy inconsiderate neighbor this old fart is and an irresponsible pet owner. What I don't understand is why no one else is willing to take this psychopath to task. If I can hear all this barking from INSIDE my own house, clear across a 4-lane street, why can't they when it's right behind their own homes (two other houses share an alleyway with the PITA-owner, not to mention his next-door neighbors)....
Anyway, I realize your message was written over a year ago, but if you still have a copy of your anonymous letter, I'd surely appreciate one....I'm no good at writing letters. Now, yelling, that's a whole 'nother story! Sorry about the rant.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 11:34 AM

7,102 posts, read 5,379,052 times
You can try this. It worked well for me.

PetSafe Deluxe Outdoor Bark Control at PETCO

Old 12-24-2012, 11:59 AM

12,388 posts, read 31,350,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesinphoenix View Post
Hi,
I just read this and your situation is almost exactly like mine. I've called the police several times and every time, they refer me to the city prosecutor! Here's the sore point about that: Even though Phoenix has a barking dog ordinance, I (the victim) have to do all the leg work, filing the complaint, getting petitions signed, waiting on court dates and paying the fees to do so! What kind of solution is that? I have the offender's name and address (off property tax records), and his phone number. I've tried calling him, but all the calls roll over to voice mail (probably hiding out from other unhappy neighbors regarding his yappy pest of a dog). The majority of my neighbors have dogs - big ones, little ones... NOT ONE of them carries on like this one. Yaps at everything - people passing by, cars (and I live on a busy major street), blowing leaves, kids riding bicycles, you name it, this "pita" barks at everything. I've been keeping a log for use when I can afford to sue the jerk - this has been going on daily for months! I get results by going out in my front yard and SHOUTING across the street to SHUT THAT DOG UP! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The only reason I kinda smile about having to do that is that it calls attention (to the whole neighborhood) to what a crappy inconsiderate neighbor this old fart is and an irresponsible pet owner. What I don't understand is why no one else is willing to take this psychopath to task. If I can hear all this barking from INSIDE my own house, clear across a 4-lane street, why can't they when it's right behind their own homes (two other houses share an alleyway with the PITA-owner, not to mention his next-door neighbors)....
Anyway, I realize your message was written over a year ago, but if you still have a copy of your anonymous letter, I'd surely appreciate one....I'm no good at writing letters. Now, yelling, that's a whole 'nother story! Sorry about the rant.
Maybe the owner is Deaf! Or Hard of hearing you ever think of that!

Old 12-24-2012, 12:10 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,026,487 times
Or maybe he doesn't understand....or possible doesn't care.

In either case talk with owner and let them know, if not ear plugs......

Old 12-26-2012, 09:11 AM

373 posts, read 559,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesinphoenix View Post
Hi,
We have one neighbor that goes out and yells at dogs to shut up. All the neighbors just decided she must be crazy and we just laugh when she does it. But whatever makes you feel better.

We have three dogs. All the neighbors have multiple dogs. Our houses are connected and all the dogs bark. Dogs bark. Two of mine are mini dachshunds that bark at everything. And I do mean everything. The wind, neighbors, other dogs, cars driving down the street, birds, cats, anyone on their deck, one of our own family members walking upstairs. I have tried for years to train them not to with no success. They have to go out for bathroom purposes. We send them out about 10-15 times a day for 3-5 minutes at a time at the most.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:02 AM

24,843 posts, read 32,302,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildnFree View Post
Or maybe he doesn't understand....or possible doesn't care.

In either case talk with owner and let them know, if not ear plugs......
I love the sound of my hounds singing to me.

Fortunately....we have no neighbors near.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:10 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,026,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I love the sound of my hounds singing to me.

Fortunately....we have no neighbors near.

That's my dream.....

My breed is a quiet one, but when they bark people know.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:23 PM

55 posts, read 50,548 times
Well, if he can hear me YELLING all the way over a 4-lane street, then he can hear his own dog in his own yard. Ever think of that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs