Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:13 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,806,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
LOL! I sent him some of Shadow's good treats as well.

I know exactly what you mean about there being something about this one that is different. I have know this girl to take in a LOT of fosters over the years, many who did not make it despite all of her love, care and attention. There is just something about this dog......
He is an angel. She passed the test when he set out to find her and she turned back to get him. He is to serve some greater purpose in her life in the future; or, by someone who will be touched by the story of the recovery she and others through their donations have made possible.

That was what I meant in my post several days back when I wrote "surely there are angels among us". I suspect most thought I meant your friend Tiffany who was doing the rescuing; but, I was actually referring to TAD.

You see, for the truely life changing experiences, I believe there is no such thing as "coincidence".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 06:25 AM

5,978 posts, read 19,844,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
He is an angel. She passed the test when he set out to find her and she turned back to get him. He is to serve some greater purpose in her life in the future; or, by someone who will be touched by the story of the recovery she and others through their donations have made possible.

That was what I meant in my post several days back when I wrote "surely there are angels among us". I suspect most thought I meant your friend Tiffany who was doing the rescuing; but, I was actually referring to TAD.

You see, for the truely life changing experiences, I believe there is no such thing as "coincidence".
I couldn't agree with you more. When Max strayed into my company's parking lot in early 2008, I knew it was more than coincidence. When he was twice returned by two employees who adopted him due to life circumstances, I knew he was meant to come home with me. Like Tad, Max had an owner, but was somehow dumped, and despite ads, no one came forth to claim him. Deep in my heart, I knew somehow God made our paths cross that afternoon, and that he was put there for a reason. I took him into our home and called him our good luck charm. I felt somehow, he was the one who was going to protect us and save us from harm, whatever and whenever that may be.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:01 AM

3,736 posts, read 12,358,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Honestly, Cat, I can't stop myself from going onto Facebook over and over and over again throughout the day to see what people are writing. The love is unbelievable and gorgeous and huge.

Her blog is in my Google Reader, so I know as soon as that's updated. No need to go there over and over and over, which is good because I'm busy on Facebook!

Speaking of Tiffany's blog, did you see what she wrote about the "nice lady who said that she wanted to adopt Tad" -- meaning you?

I realized today that I've been writing on FB all the time how much I love Tad but neglected to tell her that I love her, too. I really do. She's every flavor of amazing.

The interesting thing is that we hear horror stories like this all the time, much too often. And I don't know what it is about this one -- Tad -- that ripped my heart in eleven million pieces. I'm so "happy" (wrong word, I know) that Racelady brought this to our attention. I feel like my life wouldn't be the same without "knowing" Tad and Tiffany. Does that even make sense? I don't care if it doesn't. They make me feel good.

I sent Tad all the bully sticks that Artie had left. (Tough luck, Artie Fartie.) Tad already has my heart, he might as well have Artie's bully sticks.
Yup - I read Tiffany's blog daily too. I was flattered to be mentioned as a "nice lady". When DH read it, he just rolled his eyes. The blog is the easiest way to keep up on how he is doing. With the move just behind us, we haven't been able to send any monetary help yet. Gotta admit that has bothered me a lot. So instead, I emailed her to offer providing accounting advice on handling the donations. I can at least help to keep the IRS off her tail at the end of the year.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:36 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,892,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Yup - I read Tiffany's blog daily too. I was flattered to be mentioned as a "nice lady". When DH read it, he just rolled his eyes. The blog is the easiest way to keep up on how he is doing. With the move just behind us, we haven't been able to send any monetary help yet. Gotta admit that has bothered me a lot. So instead, I emailed her to offer providing accounting advice on handling the donations. I can at least help to keep the IRS off her tail at the end of the year.
That's so nice of you, "nice lady"!

I'm sure that she's appreciative of everything and anything.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:04 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,500,814 times
Va-Cat that is so nice of you and in my book a big donation. If she had to hire an accountant that would cost a fortune. CD folks are the best makes my heart swell. I haven't checked the blog yet this morning but will do so in a bit this has become a part of my daily routine.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:14 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,500,814 times
Oh wow our boy looks so GOOD. I just love the shot in the video of him waiting at the door to the isolation room. He looks so alert and that precious tail going 90 to nothing.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:38 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,958,779 times
just got caught up on tad's blog and video.... in his F.A.Q., she mentions he has enormous feet.... yep ... he sure does.... but he also has some SERIOUSLY long legs.... and not just because he is so thin.... watching him in his video, his legs looked as long or longer than my Davey's....

for some reason, i have had a feeling that he was some sort of hound mix... will be interesting to see what he looks like when he is all healthy and has his fur back.....

keep up the good work Tad!! and bless you and Tiffany!!

Old 04-03-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
just got caught up on tad's blog and video.... in his F.A.Q., she mentions he has enormous feet.... yep ... he sure does.... but he also has some SERIOUSLY long legs.... and not just because he is so thin.... watching him in his video, his legs looked as long or longer than my Davey's....

for some reason, i have had a feeling that he was some sort of hound mix... will be interesting to see what he looks like when he is all healthy and has his fur back.....

keep up the good work Tad!! and bless you and Tiffany!!
I was looking at him too and think I see definate hound and maybe some retriever in his background. It makes my heart swell to see how attached he is to Tiffany! What a sweetie!

OK - lets make him a designer dog......I think we have a Houtriever (Hound + Retriever). .....Such a rare breed.....

Old 04-04-2011, 07:34 AM

9,352 posts, read 19,958,779 times
or maybe a houbrador?? doubt he's a golden or chessie mix..... definitely see lab in those ears.....

Old 04-04-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
or maybe a houbrador?? doubt he's a golden or chessie mix..... definitely see lab in those ears.....
He is such a cutie! The latest vidoe that Tiffany posted had me in tears it was so sweet. Yes - I would love to give him a home but after seeing that video, he belongs with Tiffany. The 2 of them have a bond that you only find in one in a hundred dogs. Its beautiful to see!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs