Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 03:31 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
What would I do if I didn't have an Artie/ Dawn visual to laugh at each day?

You are a much more devoted Mommie that I am. I don't sniff, I just slap a baby wipe on my dogs' backsides and it tells me all I need to know.

I just heard back from Tiffany. I really think she will end up keeping Tad. I think that is WONDERFUL! From what she says they have already formed a bond together.
HAHAHA! But unless the smell sticks to the wipe, I won't know. Artie doesn't let it all hang out -- you have to *investigate*

Oh. I just sent you a message on Facebook. Oh! Your response just came in. *Please Hold*

*Sniff* (I'm not smelling Artie's bum, it's a cry-sniffling.)

Well, I also think it's great if Tiffany keeps him, although it would have been nice for Tad to be in the "City Data family" with you. As long as he's well and well-loved, that's all that's important. It just would have been nice if it had been in your home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 07:31 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,898,795 times
Because of this thread, the TAD blog has now become part of my daily routine. Boot up 'puter, open Yahoo mail, Facebook, CityData, and then The Abandoned Dog blog.

It's like watching your baby getting out of NICU. What a beautiful piece of news to greet me top of the morning!

Old 04-02-2011, 07:37 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Because of this thread, the TAD blog has now become part of my daily routine. Boot up 'puter, open Yahoo mail, Facebook, CityData, and then The Abandoned Dog blog.

It's like watching your baby getting out of NICU. What a beautiful piece of news to greet me top of the morning!
I am smiling because this is just what I do every morning. I would imagine The Abandoned Dog blog is now an integral part of the CD family routine. I think we all must feel like he is now an important member of all of our fur families.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:44 AM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
HAHAHA! But unless the smell sticks to the wipe, I won't know. Artie doesn't let it all hang out -- you have to *investigate*

Oh. I just sent you a message on Facebook. Oh! Your response just came in. *Please Hold*

*Sniff* (I'm not smelling Artie's bum, it's a cry-sniffling.)

Well, I also think it's great if Tiffany keeps him, although it would have been nice for Tad to be in the "City Data family" with you. As long as he's well and well-loved, that's all that's important. It just would have been nice if it had been in your home.
I'm both sad that he won't be coming to us but very very happy that he will have a great home! His nightmare is almost over now that he is getting the love & medical care he needs. Tiffany told me that he follows her everywhere, settles best when she is with him, and basically worships the ground she walks on. That tells me that HE has already picked his forever home. The way that Tiffany talks about him tells me that she feels the same way about him too. How can I not be thrilled? The boy finally has a chance to live a happy life!

Old 04-02-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
I'm both sad that he won't be coming to us but very very happy that he will have a great home! His nightmare is almost over now that he is getting the love & medical care he needs. Tiffany told me that he follows her everywhere, settles best when she is with him, and basically worships the ground she walks on. That tells me that HE has already picked his forever home. The way that Tiffany talks about him tells me that she feels the same way about him too. How can I not be thrilled? The boy finally has a chance to live a happy life!
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Old 04-02-2011, 07:59 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,412 times
Va-Cat I know you are dissappointed and I know that Tad would have had a great home, on the other hand I am so glad to hear that he will have a forever home. Sounds to me like our Tad is going to be just fine now what with all the love and good care he has received not to mention the prayers and good wishes he has received. I do think though he will forever be a part of the CD family.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:08 PM

2015 on Facebook! WOOT!

Old 04-02-2011, 03:42 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
2015 on Facebook! WOOT!
Isn't it wonderful how people are rallying around him?

Old 04-02-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Isn't it wonderful how people are rallying around him?
Honestly, Cat, I can't stop myself from going onto Facebook over and over and over again throughout the day to see what people are writing. The love is unbelievable and gorgeous and huge.

Her blog is in my Google Reader, so I know as soon as that's updated. No need to go there over and over and over, which is good because I'm busy on Facebook!

Speaking of Tiffany's blog, did you see what she wrote about the "nice lady who said that she wanted to adopt Tad" -- meaning you?

I realized today that I've been writing on FB all the time how much I love Tad but neglected to tell her that I love her, too. I really do. She's every flavor of amazing.

The interesting thing is that we hear horror stories like this all the time, much too often. And I don't know what it is about this one -- Tad -- that ripped my heart in eleven million pieces. I'm so "happy" (wrong word, I know) that Racelady brought this to our attention. I feel like my life wouldn't be the same without "knowing" Tad and Tiffany. Does that even make sense? I don't care if it doesn't. They make me feel good.

I sent Tad all the bully sticks that Artie had left. (Tough luck, Artie Fartie.) Tad already has my heart, he might as well have Artie's bully sticks.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:15 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
LOL! I sent him some of Shadow's good treats as well.

I know exactly what you mean about there being something about this one that is different. I have know this girl to take in a LOT of fosters over the years, many who did not make it despite all of her love, care and attention. There is just something about this dog......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs