Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 05:45 PM

20 posts, read 36,486 times

Advertisements

It appears that this company knows there is a problem with their chicken jerky and doesn't want it spread around...

Woman won't be silent after dog becomes ill - WWSB ABC 7 MySuncoast Florida (http://www.mysuncoast.com/content/topstories/story/Woman-wont-be-silent-after-dog-becomes-ill/hxIpLIOggEiLDJuSVDvNLQ.cspx - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 07:11 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophelia13 View Post
It's not that difficult or time-consuming to offer our pets real "treats". It takes little effort to grill a "real" piece of chicken breast or thighs...cut it up and offer that as a special treat. Buy real beef, cut it up...and serve. Easy as can be. Makes no sense to spend money on these fake so-called dog food products made in China or anywhere for that matter. Read the ingredients, do a per piece cost analysis, and the sensible and humane way to feed is clear.

I refer to the "dog food" aisle in supermarkets and other stores as the Aisle of Death.
Oh please, do you have any idea how many people give their dogs and themselves food poisoning by not knowing safe food handling? "Aisle of death" is just a bit too dramatic for me.

I have a dog that has such severe allergies and there is only ONE commercial food we have found that he can eat. I've tried fresh food. Fresh chicken, he reacts, fresh beef, he reacts, most starches, he scratches himself raw. Exactly what am I suppose to feed him if not the ultra processed food that his body's histamines will not react to? Call it what you will as dramatically as you'd like to but I'll keep shopping those so called "aisles of death" for my dogs well being and comfort.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:27 PM

25 posts, read 40,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Oh please, do you have any idea how many people give their dogs and themselves food poisoning by not knowing safe food handling? "Aisle of death" is just a bit too dramatic for me.

I have a dog that has such severe allergies and there is only ONE commercial food we have found that he can eat. I've tried fresh food. Fresh chicken, he reacts, fresh beef, he reacts, most starches, he scratches himself raw. Exactly what am I suppose to feed him if not the ultra processed food that his body's histamines will not react to? Call it what you will as dramatically as you'd like to but I'll keep shopping those so called "aisles of death" for my dogs well being and comfort.

Dramatic or not...it's how I see those bags. Sorry that your dog is in such discomfort, that's very difficult to deal with. I know how hard it is to figure out what is ailing your pet and through trial and error, finally find a solution. I've found mine and I'm more than comfortable with it. Most vets have little clue as to proper nutrition, I'll stick to my successful outcome, and others can do as they wish.

It was simply a common sense suggestion...no need for you to go all drama either. Although...it's funny to read your reaction. Glad to read your dog is comfy and well. Peace.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,529 times
pets are dying from treats made in china!! used to buy milos chicken balls all the time until i saw made in china, no more milo.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:47 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,286,244 times
http://www.cnsenvironmentallaw.com/2...og%20jerky.pdf

Class Action Lawsuit ~ Del Monte Foods/Milo's Kitchen LLC

Old 07-15-2012, 03:07 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
I'm very sorry for everyone who had problems with these products. Let's hope the lawsuit does some good.

The idea of "Chicken Washing" disturbs me greatly. I want to know where what I put in my or my dog's body comes from. I guess I will have to be even more careful in the future.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,364 times
The only place around this area where I could buy Milo Kitchen Chicken Balls was in Walmart. Now they have stopped selling them. Then I read about all the problems with Milo's product and I understand why. My dogs love the chicken balls. Is there any other company that makes this product. I live in Canada. Thanks Sue

Old 12-03-2012, 07:04 PM

482 posts, read 874,912 times
My dog had severe renal infections/failure from the 2007 Chinese food stuff. He was on Nutro Max Senior which was not even on the recall list except many other Nutro products were AND it was at the same time as the other stuff. That dog was my heart dog. He was 10 that year. Now he's gone. I will not buy dog food from China, period.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:54 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
Wow, went to Target yesterday and saw that they had both the Milo's Kitchen meatballs and jerky on sale. I almost bought some but I remembered this thread and passed on them. Feel like I dodged a potential bullet there. I will definitely be checking labels more closely for now on. Will be calling/emailing Target about this too.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,214 times
Default Milos Kitchen - Don't ever feed anything to your dogs!

I had heard about the recall of the chicken treats from Milo's Kitchen, but hadn't heard anything negative about the beef treats until I found this site. However, I have discovered from personal experience that the beef jerky treats are not good for your dog. My dog likes them, and didn't seem to have any problem with them at first. But then he got sick and threw up 3 days in a row. I started to suspect the Milo's beef jerky the 2nd day, but when he threw up the 3rd day in less than an hour after eating a couple of treats (and nothing else except the food he's eaten for 2 years ever since we got him) - I decided that this stuff is poison and we are taking it back to the pet store. We don't care if we get a refund - we just want the store to know that they should pull this **** off the shelves - they need to be out of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs