Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:19 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,684,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
I dont know this for a 100% fact but another pit bull owner at a dog park told me in my city they dont allow pit bull adoptions they just put them to sleep even if someone WANTS to adopt them. But ill check first before I rule that out.

Yes! That's why is recommended calling a RESCUE group....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 11:20 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
I do not mean to sound like a know-it-all or someone pushing into your business, but the next time you take in a living animal, please make sure you are doing 100% the right thing..

I know I did it for selfish and stupid reasons and feel ike crap about it now.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Yes! That's why is recommended calling a RESCUE group....

Sorry for being dumb I just thought rescue group was a nice word for the pound. My bad for not knowing everything.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:53 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,684,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
Sorry for being dumb I just thought rescue group was a nice word for the pound. My bad for not knowing everything.
Google pitbull rescue or all breeds rescue for your area

Old 04-29-2011, 12:03 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
I wish you were closer to Southern Cal. I'd volunteer to foster her for you, except you'd run the risk of not getting her back after I fell in love with her.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:08 PM

737 posts, read 2,587,460 times
None of the following are cheap:

1. Call your vet to see if anyone there will take her in on a temporary basis
2. Board and visit everyday; see if you can get a discount for the long-term boarding
3. Ignore the apartment's notice and risk a ding to your credit as they will likely go through an eviction process

Also, any chance you can push the date up to move earlier? Such as asking to rent the property until closing?

Maybe move to a pet-friendly long/short-term motel?

Old 04-29-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I wish you were closer to Southern Cal. I'd volunteer to foster her for you, except you'd run the risk of not getting her back after I fell in love with her.

I hope people in Ohio are so nice.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBeachFL View Post

2. Board and visit everyday; see if you can get a discount for the long-term boarding
3. Ignore the apartment's notice and risk a ding to your credit as they will likely go through an eviction process

Also, any chance you can push the date up to move earlier? Such as asking to rent the property until closing?

Thanks, I think #1 might work. I go to a smaller vet and she's really nice so she might know of someone.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 PM

417 posts, read 1,068,212 times
I second the Craigslist idea although be very careful screening people. Also, I don't know if you were on good terms with your landlord before this but you could also ask since you are only there for the next 2-3 months if you could pay an additional "pet rent" or an additional deposit. A friend of mine was in a similar situation and offered to pay a $500 deposit so the landlord had piece of mind that if the dog did destroy anything, they would have the deposit to fall back on. Its worth a try. Good luck to you!

Old 04-29-2011, 12:26 PM

5,010 posts, read 10,690,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBeachFL View Post

Love this post, and could not have said it better, especially about the boarding and the vet

To the OP: careful with Craigslist; remember that you don't know who she would be going to, and it is very easy to pose as an animal lover

I thought the same thing as another poster, I wish I lived in Ohio, I would sooo foster her for you. That said, have you tried the Ohio forum? I would trust that much more than Craigslist, although I am not sure if such a posting allowed on CityData.

I would stay away from rescues; it sounds like there is too much of a chance that she could be euth'd at the rescues in your area.

If you can afford it, a boarding facility is your best bet. If not, I agree about contacting your vet; he/she may even offer to foster your girl or will at least be able to rec someone who can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs