Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 08:51 AM

288 posts, read 691,192 times

Advertisements

To all my fellow dog lovers on here

There is an interesting thread going on in another section. Just thought some of you might be interested in reading it and also if any of you have had experience with this Pet store called Petland, you can share your story ,

I have posted my response and hopefully the OP will find the responces helpful to their original question.

Petland - does anyone have experience buying a dog from Petland on Fruitville Road in Sarasota
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 02:57 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,879,234 times
I find it unbelievable that there are still people in this country who are not aware of the horrors of puppy mills. All the major networks and Oprah have done numerous exposes on puppy mills.

Anybody who has been on this forum for a little while is aware of the major puppy mill states and many of us are working to do whatever we can to make puppy mills illegal. The sad thing is that this has been ging on for so many decades and is nothing new. Thank god, the internet has helped spread the word and more and more people arew becoming aware of the origins of dogs in most pet stores.

However, there are a few pet stores which sell specialty foods, toys, collars, fish and bird supplies, etc and not dogs or cats and I encourage others to support them.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:53 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,563,864 times
Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
I posted there as well, and was incredibly happy to see how many people DO know about petland's dealings with puppymills and have encouraged the OP to go either the shelter or reputable breeder route. Hopefully the OP will listen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs