U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 09:06 AM

3 posts, read 14,885 times

Advertisements

no I didn't wait 24hours to apply after bathing...so that maybe was the problem...i have since sprayed down the carpeting and keep washing his bedding, he is only scratching occasionally now...it's not too much.
I don't see any fleas on him he has a few white specks in his coat, I'm not sure if that is dander or flea eggs. I called Petarmour and talked to
a technician there, he said that all the fea's have to do is touch the skin, and they are supposed to die, but he said it may take 12hours for this to happen, says they don't have to bite just touch the skin...I thought this would be working a little faster than 12 hours..I usually use
revoultion in the summer months, so I think I'll go back to that for the
summer months.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 5,755 times
Default What Pet Armor did to my dog

For everyone who used pet armor and didn't have a reaction.. did you guys use frontline before? We took my dog to the vet yesterday and he has a huge burn mark.. i'll upload pics of what the vet took. its pretty gross... After reading what people have said about frontline and pet armor.. i'll never make that mistake again. Now.. my two cats were fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Has anybody tried Pet Armor?-dscn0032.jpg   Has anybody tried Pet Armor?-dscn0035.jpg   Has anybody tried Pet Armor?-dscn0037.jpg  

Old 03-27-2012, 09:41 AM

6,591 posts, read 19,618,692 times
i have a friend whos pup had the exact same reaction to frontline plus...nasty chemical burns...aparently pretty common even if youve been using it for years!
we used to use it, but found it was n longer effective.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:48 AM

1,004 posts, read 1,926,251 times
I never use any type of preventive unless I have too, like when we go camping. When I did I used Pet Armor no issues when I used it.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:49 AM

1,308 posts, read 2,574,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoonmagic View Post
For everyone who used pet armor and didn't have a reaction.. did you guys use frontline before? We took my dog to the vet yesterday and he has a huge burn mark.. i'll upload pics of what the vet took. its pretty gross... After reading what people have said about frontline and pet armor.. i'll never make that mistake again. Now.. my two cats were fine.
Oh ow, poor thing. My dog is fine on PetArmor and Frontline, but after seeing those pictures, I'll keep a closer eye on him after applying any topical flea preventative from now on.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:17 PM

3 posts, read 14,885 times
I have been using pet armor for 4 months now haven't had any reactions to it. It did take a couple of months before he stopped scratching. Hasn't had any hair loss or any skin problems
with it though. I had used frontline plus before as well, no reactions on that either. I guess I'm
happy with the pet armor.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:24 AM

1 posts, read 5,547 times
I used Pet Armor for my cat yesterday morning. She went into seizures, had a stroke and died. She was in the vet's office a few weeks before and had a full physical, blood work included, and was declared healthy.The vet suspects the application of this product led to her demise. I can't help but come to the same conclusion.I miss my sweetie so much and am responsible for her death by trying to save a few dollars. Another poster pointed out the product was manufactured in another country. Again, I can only blame myself for not being more deligent in noticing this. I always check where food and toys are made, why the f*ck didn't I check this? Don't use this product. Don't risk the life of your loved ones!It's horrible to see your pet to suffer.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 5,536 times
I at a vet clinic and several dogs have come in infested with fleas on this product and several have had skin reactions from it so be careful. Just an fyi to everyone merial the maker of frontlin only sells to vet clinics so if you get it off line or at the grocery store it is black market and not always the real stuff. I would be that for 24 dollars its fake because we cant buy it at our cost for that.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:53 AM

9,267 posts, read 16,022,834 times
wow ... two Merial reps in one day!!

fwiw.... frontline brand is available at retail outlets such as petsmart, petco, walmart, sams, costco, etc....

Old 05-09-2012, 01:34 PM

4,919 posts, read 19,018,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e. p View Post
Just an fyi to everyone merial the maker of frontlin only sells to vet clinics so if you get it off line or at the grocery store it is black market and not always the real stuff. I would be that for 24 dollars its fake because we cant buy it at our cost for that.
Merial sells to Authorized Distributors.

Their policy is for it to be dispensed where a doctor patient relationship exist, but they DO NOT limit the sales to only vets. Merial also has no prohabition on selling products designed for sale in one country to be sold in another, even if that product does not meet one countries safety standards. If that was the case, they would have agreed to label the majority of non-USA safety compliant items with a warning "NOT FOR SALE IN THE USA". But since they won't do that, it appears their marketing plan is to have these less than adequate safety wise foreigh products sold in the USA.

The majority of USA retail sales (talking legit vendors like Pet Smart etc, not Bobbies Pet Food & Auto Parts) are actual products destined for the USA. The majority of foreign based mail order probably are GREY market, counterfeit, or shadow factory products and it can be anything fromt he real thing to toilet water with some motor oil in it.

Frontline and PetArmor are pesticides, not a medication so it is not regulated like drugs, but like the roach spray you use. As such, they do not require a Vet prescription. That is done to create some "medical" bases when in fact it can be sold at Home Depot next to the weed killer and ant powder.

======

Now on the subject of PetArmor, there has been a few documented cases from vets sent to the EPA. These are being studied to determine the facts and what next steps are needed. My understanding is that it is based on an ingredient in PetArmor that was used when walmart was the sole distributor and wanted it to be cheap and wasn;t concern with animal safety so longa s it meet their price point The manufacture appears to have phased it out afetr the split with walmart, but so much of the old version still exist that these issues may surface for some time to come.

Also want to add on the comment that pusskatkins made, the biggest counterfeiter of animal products (flea&Tick and drugs) is actually based in the USA.

Last edited by PacificFlights; 05-09-2012 at 01:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs