U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 05-09-2012, 06:59 PM
 
1 posts, read 3,556 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
My local newspaper had an article on this PetArmor product. It is a generic version of Frontline that supposedly has the same formulation and is selling for a much lower price ($28.00 for a 3 month supply).

Currently it is only available at Walmart, so I won't be buying it anytime soon, but I would love to hear some reviews from anyone who has tried it.

There is another new generic sold at pet retailers such as Petsmart, called Fiproguard Plus, that is somewhat cheaper than Frontline. I've had problems with flea and tick products before, so I am hesitant to change from Frontline without some very positive reviews.

Hi. PetArmor does not work on cats or dogs. It might kill a flea or two but does not prevent adult fleas from reproducing and does not kill the eggs. I called the Questions & comments number on the back of the box and the CSR was rude. She wants me to go buy all this other stuff to kill eggs & prevent adults from reproducing. In the end it would cost less to just go to the vet. Thankfully I purchased this at wal mart and the manager said I can return it.

 
Old 05-09-2012, 07:24 PM
 
Location: zone 5
6,401 posts, read 5,545,865 times
Reputation: 7964
What is with you people today?
Or I should probably just say you, singular.
 
Old 05-10-2012, 08:46 AM
 
Location: wannabeinkentucky
798 posts, read 914,951 times
Reputation: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
What is with you people today?
Or I should probably just say you, singular.

TOTALLY agree! I don't put ANY worth into negative posts from first time/only time posters.

I had no problems with Pet Armor. Didn't buy it at Walmart but at Sam's so same distributer. Only reason I'm not using it now is because we changed heartworm preventitive from Interceptor to Trifexa, which has the flea preventative in the same pill.
 
Old 05-11-2012, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Stuck in NE GA right now
4,552 posts, read 6,281,155 times
Reputation: 6364
I've used it this year with good results in a tick rural area.
 
Old 05-13-2012, 10:41 AM
 
Location: wannabeinkentucky
798 posts, read 914,951 times
Reputation: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
TOTALLY agree! I don't put ANY worth into negative posts from first time/only time posters.

I had no problems with Pet Armor. Didn't buy it at Walmart but at Sam's so same distributer. Only reason I'm not using it now is because we changed heartworm preventitive from Interceptor to Trifexa, which has the flea preventative in the same pill.

Trifexis not Trifexa
 
Old 05-13-2012, 01:52 PM
 
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
7,748 posts, read 9,089,067 times
Reputation: 6758
the pet armor is still working well for us ..... and my dogs are walked in areas where the potential for flea and tick infestation is HIGH......
 
Old 05-17-2012, 12:46 AM
 
1 posts, read 3,470 times
Reputation: 10
Default Pet Armor for dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
My local newspaper had an article on this PetArmor product. It is a generic version of Frontline that supposedly has the same formulation and is selling for a much lower price ($28.00 for a 3 month supply).

Currently it is only available at Walmart, so I won't be buying it anytime soon, but I would love to hear some reviews from anyone who has tried it.

There is another new generic sold at pet retailers such as Petsmart, called Fiproguard Plus, that is somewhat cheaper than Frontline. I've had problems with flea and tick products before, so I am hesitant to change from Frontline without some very positive reviews.


I purchased Pet Armor for my dog because it was less expensive than Frontline. At first it worked great, then Ali started scratching about three weeks into it. I gave him a bath with flea shampoo and was surprised to see several dead fleas. I reapplied the Pet Armor making sure to part the hair. That was on a Sunday, by Wednesday I found baby fleas and it turns out my dog is allergic to flea bites. Thursday he went to vet for a steroids, a hypoallergenic shampoo, and a new brand of flea prevention. Cost 152.00. I will never, ever buy that stuff again. I have one vial left and it's going into the trash. My poor dog, feel like I let him down.
 
Old 05-17-2012, 02:22 AM
 
70 posts, read 82,545 times
Reputation: 54
Try a few for my dogs, if they like it and no bad effects, I will change it for them.
 
Old 05-22-2012, 10:45 AM
 
3 posts, read 7,218 times
Reputation: 12
Pet Armor was sued by Frontline. Yes, the patent for Fipronil expired, so Pet Armor could legally use that. BUT, the patent for (S)-Methoprene has NOT expired. So, Pet Armor CAN NOT sell Pet Armor PLUS any longer, as it has the (S)-Methoprene. They can only sell the regular Pet Armor. Which is not as effective as the Fipronil AND (S)-Methoprene.

FYI: I have two small dogs. For MANY years now, I buy the size for the largest dogs 89-132 pounds.It has the same concentration as the size for the smaller dogs. BUT, it has like DOUBLE the amount. SO, I just put half of the large size on each dog and save lots of money. Works great.
 
Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 AM
 
1 posts, read 3,417 times
Reputation: 10
tried it, worked for a week seems dogs have more flea then before i would not recommend this product
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top