Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 9,155 times

Advertisements

I've used frontline on my dog for 5 yrs. I tried pet armor and is was like pouring a slow acting acid on my dog. A 4x4 inch section of her shoulder blades peeled off, literally. The poor thing has been bleeding and pussing for 2 weeks until last nite when her skin peeled off. Please test an extremely small amount of this product on your pup before you use it. The vet visit is going not only negate the savings but triple the costs.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:25 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,918,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbrown View Post
I've used frontline on my dog for 5 yrs. I tried pet armor and is was like pouring a slow acting acid on my dog. A 4x4 inch section of her shoulder blades peeled off, literally. The poor thing has been bleeding and pussing for 2 weeks until last nite when her skin peeled off. Please test an extremely small amount of this product on your pup before you use it. The vet visit is going not only negate the savings but triple the costs.
Moderator cut: personal attack
We used it with our dogs and found it to work well. But, the one thing to warn all of you using it is that there is an active lawsuit apparently alleging that the makers of Pet Armor are infringing on the patent for Frontline. Frontline alleges that their patent has not run out and it looks like the court will demand the removal of it from Wal-Mart and Sam's Club soon. So, I would stock up until this legal fight is over.

As far as differences between the two, the packages are a bit different but everything else seem to be the same.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 08-29-2011 at 10:48 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 04:41 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,620,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
As far as differences between the two, the packages are a bit different but everything else seem to be the same.
No! the inert ingredients are different and that's where all the problems seem to be. They now know that a pet on frontline that switches to petarmor will have reactions due to the incompatability of some of the inert ingredients. How serious these are depends on many factors and since petarmor is a new product, they don;t have enough data to figure out all whats going on. As of now, all are treated as isolated incidents because there Are only a couple here and a couple there, but isn;t that how the diamon food recall started, a few here, a few there? We know how that turned out!

To bbbbrown, did a quick call and it appears "burning" is a recent reported event. This may have nothing to do with the ingredienst and as we often see in products (even human food) some checmical part of the cleaning, manufacturing, or packaging process could have made it way intot he product in small lots and thats why its just a sporadic isolated and unconnected reports and not widespread.

Last edited by PacificFlights; 08-29-2011 at 05:03 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 09:49 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,918,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
No! the inert ingredients are different and that's where all the problems seem to be. They now know that a pet on frontline that switches to petarmor will have reactions due to the incompatability of some of the inert ingredients. How serious these are depends on many factors and since petarmor is a new product, they don;t have enough data to figure out all whats going on. As of now, all are treated as isolated incidents because there Are only a couple here and a couple there, but isn;t that how the diamon food recall started, a few here, a few there? We know how that turned out!

To bbbbrown, did a quick call and it appears "burning" is a recent reported event. This may have nothing to do with the ingredienst and as we often see in products (even human food) some checmical part of the cleaning, manufacturing, or packaging process could have made it way intot he product in small lots and thats why its just a sporadic isolated and unconnected reports and not widespread.
Well both of my dogs were on Frontline and now are on Pet Armor and have had zero issues. For now, people are making a bigger deal out of this than is needed. I know of several rescues using it right now in my area that have also not had any issues. I find it interesting that so many rescues are using it without a problem...the odds are really going in favor of these burning claims. Frontline Plus and Pet Armor Plus are the same.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:23 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,620,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
Well both of my dogs were on Frontline and now are on Pet Armor and have had zero issues. For now, people are making a bigger deal out of this than is needed. I know of several rescues using it right now in my area that have also not had any issues. I find it interesting that so many rescues are using it without a problem...the odds are really going in favor of these burning claims. Frontline Plus and Pet Armor Plus are the same.
So what!
my dog has gotten rabbies vaccines and nothing happen, does that mean no other dog can get a reaction?
My dogs eat beef chciken and fish, does that mean no other dog can have allegies to these items?
My dogs are on heartworm prevention medication, does that mean no one elses dogs will never have issues?

Be real and grow up! Dogs, just like people, can have an allergic or reaction to any food, chemical or medication depending on the dog. Negative chemical reaction is the biggest problem and since frontline and pet armor are pesticides, its totally foolish to asume that just because most dogs don;t have problems, that it will not have an impact on other dogs from a simple chemical uneasyness to severe reactions.

As for them being the "same" as you said, please tell me what is the inert ingredients in each. You must know because your claiming they are the same. Since the inert ingredients is the majority of the product 90+%, does it not make sense that if there is a reaction between one and the other, it just might be the ingredienst that make up the majority of the volume? B your statement, all dog food that is called "beef" is the same. Gee they both have beef so all the other ingredients are meaningless

Old 08-29-2011, 10:49 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,644,400 times
I had good flea protection with frontline then 3 years it did not work.
I use Comfortis the pill states good for 30 days? It works for close to the 30 day claim.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:36 PM

1 posts, read 8,969 times
Default Pet armor

I used it on my puppy and have found a couple of fleas on him since. I used it again last week and he continues to bite at himself. I found an almost dead flea on him last night! I would not buy it again. I have sprayed my yards and house also, after bringing in a kitten who had fleas.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 8,934 times
Has anybody's dog had a reaction to Pet Armor? we adopted a dog a few days ago and treated him this evening and now he can stop scratching and whimpering.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:13 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,102,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatwerewethinking View Post
Has anybody's dog had a reaction to Pet Armor? we adopted a dog a few days ago and treated him this evening and now he can stop scratching and whimpering.
Read through the six pages of responses here. A few people have reported reactions.

I've been using it all summer on four dogs, no problems personally.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:37 AM

9,352 posts, read 19,958,779 times
pet armour is working well on my three......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs