U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 7,386 times

Advertisements

Well I guess like everything else in jersey the fleas are mutants. 3 1/2 weeks after making the switch I am now dealing with a flea outbreak. Called the customer service and the man I spoke to says it can take up to 12 hours to kill a flea that lands on you dog, well in 12 hours I'm pretty sure that flea has made it's way off the dog and into my house laying it's eggs, which in turn breed more eggs. I probably would mind as much and just deal with the cleaning but I'm allergic to flea and other insect bites and rely on this stuff for my dog.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:56 AM

16,216 posts, read 25,346,410 times
I've been reading this thread with interest since the beginning, wondering if when I run out of Advantix II, if I should switch Artie to this stuff.

I only apply it in March (if it's warm already) or April through to September (or October, if it's stayed warm).

Artie doesn't get fleas (I'd know, right?? No, seriously, would I know?) but he has had the occasional tick. I think I've taken a grand total of TWO ticks off of Artie in the 4.5 years we've been together.

So:

1. Does this Pet Armor work well for ticks?
2. If Advantix II, though much more expensive, works (and he's only gotten two ticks, so I guess it's working well), should I risk moving to Pet Armor?

Opinions?

Old 10-16-2011, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 14,709 times
[SIZE=5]thorbie1[/SIZE]

1 posts, read 11,805 times

Re: Pet Armor Plus
Im currently using Pet Armor plus on my Jack Russells; it works great. Its identical to Frontline Plus but less expensive. WalMart has it for 28 bucks which is cheaper then Frontline in most places. I will probably switch back to Frontline since I order it from out of the country and only pay 24 bucks for it; 4 bucks off doesnt sound like much but with 4 dogs that works out to a fairly large savings. In a pinch I will purchase the Pet Armor Plus from Walmart. The flea and tick season is in full swing here in Florida so its very important to keep the dogs protected. Best of luck!
Mike, Belleview, FL

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/dogs/...#ixzz1axv526ES

How long have you been using Pet Armor on your Jack Russels?
I just started this month and my jack has developed a bad rash.
i am trying to determine if it is the pet armor or somthing else?
we had been using Frontline for years.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 14,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorbie1 View Post
Im currently using Pet Armor plus on my Jack Russells; it works great. Its identical to Frontline Plus but less expensive. WalMart has it for 28 bucks which is cheaper then Frontline in most places. I will probably switch back to Frontline since I order it from out of the country and only pay 24 bucks for it; 4 bucks off doesnt sound like much but with 4 dogs that works out to a fairly large savings. In a pinch I will purchase the Pet Armor Plus from Walmart. The flea and tick season is in full swing here in Florida so its very important to keep the dogs protected. Best of luck!
Mike, Belleview, FL

ok i just figured out how to properly use the quote thing.

my Jack is having a rash after being treated with Pet Armor.
also I bought it at a local pet supply- now i am reading from you guys that it should only be available from wallmart or sams club.
anyone have any idea on how i can determine if it is counterfite?

Old 10-16-2011, 04:12 PM

6,191 posts, read 14,683,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottelectric View Post
ok i just figured out how to properly use the quote thing.

my Jack is having a rash after being treated with Pet Armor.
also I bought it at a local pet supply- now i am reading from you guys that it should only be available from wallmart or sams club.
anyone have any idea on how i can determine if it is counterfite?
You can contact the manufacturer directly here:

PetArmor — legal (http://www.petarmor.com/legal/contact.php - broken link)
1-888-908-TICK.
That is where I would start. They'll be able to tell you whether they supply that store, or supply an intermediary that may work with that store.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:19 AM

5 posts, read 29,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I think I'm repeating myself in this thread but.....

Several years ago was a bad flea year; I got Frontline and it really didn't work that well. One of the dogs I had at the time was seriously allergic to fleas, I needed something bulletproof. Switched to Sentinel (I think) for the rest of the summer and it worked.

Earlier this summer - I moved in the meantime - I noticed fleas on the four dogs. I don't treat prophylactically, only if I see fleas; I'm a minimalist when it comes to this sort of thing....I've gone many summers without a single flea. Anyway, I was having a broke month so I bought Pet Armor. And, it worked. That was in June, I think. Used it for three months, no flea problems the rest of the summer.

To you up there who posted just once, in bright pink bold italics for some reason, - it works for many people's dogs, in many situations. Sometimes a flea medication will not work - because of local resistance, improper application, maybe even a fake or out-dated product or one that's been stored at too-high temperatures.

Telling people not to waste their money just because it didn't work the one time you used it is not really helpful information.

There is only one active ingredient in Frontline/Pet Armor, and actually several months ago I compared the inactive ingredients and IIRC, they were the same? But as PacificFlights says, the reason it's now available OTC and as a generic, is because it has been around the longest. Parasites do build resistance, so that's the most likely cause of it not working sometimes.

I happen to like bold, italic and yes PINK. So what point are you getting at? Just because i am using what i like is not even a factor here. You clearly stated...."To you up there who posted just once, in bright pink bold italics for some reason"..... Wow jealous people never seem to amaze me. If i were not suposed to use bold, italic & pink then i do believe there would not be an option to do so. Unfortuneately for you it is an option and this is USA last time i checked. So now that you have wasted my time and others by having to read your personal crap, thank you & have a very blessed weekend or whats left of it lol. By the way i am entitled to my opinion, regardless of what that may be. You spoke your opinion but seem to think mine is not valid nor helpfull. How come there are some people that feel the same way as i do about this product? That is because it obviously is not working properly for more then just one person, get a grip sir or madam, life does not revolve around you, sorry to break the bad news to you but people can do whatever they choose and not what you want them to do. Talking about my pink, bold italics and you have the nerve to put this ...............LMAO!

Old 10-30-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice B View Post
We tried PetArmor Plus and it doesn't work. We've used Frontline Plus for years with stellar results. Have no idea why the PetArmor isn't doing the job, especially since it has the same active ingredients in the same amounts - 9.7% fipronil, as well as the the second ingredient that makes it "plus". We keep our home and our two mainly indoor Jack Russells clean, so we're not battling any unusual flea problem, would think even a somewhat inferior product would do the job for us. Poor things have fleas for the first time ever, I'm bathing them today and rushing out for Frontline! Wondering if anyone else has had a problem with PetArmor.

Yes we experienced the same problem with the Pet Armor. It did not work at all for all 3 of our dogs. We are going to stick with Front Line as it has always done the job and not one flea remains with Front Line. Goodluck with your fur babies

Old 10-30-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
We tried PetArmor Plus and it doesn't work. We've used Frontline Plus for years with stellar results. Have no idea why the PetArmor isn't doing the job, especially since it has the same active ingredients in the same amounts - 9.7% fipronil, as well as the the second ingredient that makes it "plus". We keep our home and our two mainly indoor Jack Russells clean, so we're not battling any unusual flea problem, would think even a somewhat inferior product would do the job for us. Poor things have fleas for the first time ever, I'm bathing them today and rushing out for Frontline! Wondering if anyone else has had a problem with PetArmor.
Quote:
Sorry about the three posts, have never been on a site like this before and wasn't sure how to find out about my problem.
Have received some pretty mean-spirited comments, didn't want to offend anyone, just wondering why PetArmor is working for a lot of people and not working for a lot of others.

Yea i know how you feel as i have recieved some mean-spirited comments as well. It seems to me that when others hear that something they use and like does not work for someone else they get extremely defensive as if the product is owned by them. It's really rather sad that people have to go to such a low level to try and make others feel bad just because they voiced their opinion on something. I had one person comment very rudely to me just because i typed in pink instead of the normal more used black. Amazing how such small things can get under a persons skin so badly. Just ignore the rudeness, thats pretty much all we can do. As they say misery loves company but i refuse to be their company lol. Have a blessed day and goodluck with your fur babies

Old 10-30-2011, 10:01 AM

6,591 posts, read 19,710,622 times
i usualy used k9 advantix for the dogs, but with moving money was tight so last monght bought pet armor, (front line plus doesnt have a good track record in my area of ct but i havent tried it in a while, so i did...
same result as frontline plus the fleas were biting right through it.

given while on advantix i never saw a single flea on any of the dogs i will be returning to advantix in the spring for the dogs. its more expensive than the pet armour obviously...but since it has worked better for my dogs against fleas and ticks id rather use the thing that works than pay money for something that doesn...in my case that means frontline plus AND pet armour are about as usefull as a rock to the head so wont be buying either ever again.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:38 AM

9,282 posts, read 16,084,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neisey40 View Post
I happen to like bold, italic and yes PINK. So what point are you getting at? Just because i am using what i like is not even a factor here. You clearly stated...."To you up there who posted just once, in bright pink bold italics for some reason"..... Wow jealous people never seem to amaze me. If i were not suposed to use bold, italic & pink then i do believe there would not be an option to do so. Unfortuneately for you it is an option and this is USA last time i checked. So now that you have wasted my time and others by having to read your personal crap, thank you & have a very blessed weekend or whats left of it lol. By the way i am entitled to my opinion, regardless of what that may be. You spoke your opinion but seem to think mine is not valid nor helpfull. How come there are some people that feel the same way as i do about this product? That is because it obviously is not working properly for more then just one person, get a grip sir or madam, life does not revolve around you, sorry to break the bad news to you but people can do whatever they choose and not what you want them to do. Talking about my pink, bold italics and you have the nerve to put this ...............LMAO!
defensive, much??

yes... this is america and you DO absolutely have the right to post in whatever color and font you desire.... but when such choices make a post difficult to read, many will not even bother and your almighty important opinion is missed.....

fwiw ... chiroptera made valid points.... i, too, have used frontline plus for years and am now using pet armor.... and it is working well for us.... although i am keeping my fingers crossed with each application because i know that fleas are developing a resistance to it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs