U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:32 AM

4,605 posts, read 5,520,854 times

Advertisements

My lab Bella is the second lab that I have crate trained. It's been wonderful NOT having everything in the house chewed up when I get home from work.

She is almost 2 (Aug 15) and a few weeks ago I started leaving her out for short periods of time. She has done very, very well. I started with 30 minutes and have increased it and yesterday I left her out all day. She did perfect!! Of course I go thru the house before I leave and make sure that there isn't anything on the floor, etc. but so far she hasn't gotten into anything.

She has plenty of toys and chews and knows what is hers and what isn't. I am so proud of my baby!

I know, I know....pictures please. First one is Bella and CW (canine wanna-be). Just chilling looking out the kitchen window. The second one is Bella on my bed. She says........"What, can't you see I'm trying to watch TV and chew my nyla bones? Enough with the camera Mom!"
Attached Thumbnails
Bella's a big girl now...freedom-easter-001.jpg   Bella's a big girl now...freedom-032111-006.jpg  
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 10:52 AM

332 posts, read 917,042 times
It's great when they are finally independent!! My pug has gotten so much sweeter now that she's older(she's almost 5). She actually lets me pet her and sometimes even gets in my lap lol. I think they are a lot like people in that they calm down and are much more mature as they get older.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:58 AM

4,038 posts, read 9,745,107 times
Wow, what a beautiful girl! I always love when they're finally crate-trained, and can, ironically, not have to go into their crates when you're not around! Yay for Bella!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosling View Post
It's great when they are finally independent!! My pug has gotten so much sweeter now that she's older(she's almost 5). She actually lets me pet her and sometimes even gets in my lap lol. I think they are a lot like people in that they calm down and are much more mature as they get older.
I wouldn't call her independent....I still have to feed her, walk her, pick up her poopoos..etc. LOL. I know what you mean and yes, I am very glad she has more freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Wow, what a beautiful girl! I always love when they're finally crate-trained, and can, ironically, not have to go into their crates when you're not around! Yay for Bella!
Thanks Starla! Of course I think she is the most beautiful girl in the world

Old 05-10-2011, 11:48 AM

9,353 posts, read 19,112,152 times
what a GOOD girl you are, lovely Miss Bella.... momma has done a fine job with you.....

and omg ... i can NOT believe she is coming on TWO years old.....

i still have clear memories of your waiting to bring her home.... just last month!! wasn't it??

Old 05-10-2011, 11:58 AM

She is a good girl LTTP!! She was such a brat around 4 mnths that I was ready to send her back to the breeder. Patience and training got us thru and now she is becoming a wonderful lady. The pic below shows her on a boardwalk by me. Notice the very nice stay.

That wait for her to be born and then more waiting for her to come home was VERY long but well worth it. As you can see she is a very healthy girl. I still miss Ben and I'm very glad that I learned from my mistake. Reputable Breeder makes all the difference in the world.
Attached Thumbnails
Bella's a big girl now...freedom-bella-walk-oct-22-2010-016.jpg  

Old 05-10-2011, 12:00 PM

9,353 posts, read 19,112,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
She is a good girl LTTP!! She was such a brat around 4 mnths that I was ready to send her back to the breeder. Patience and training got us thru and now she is becoming a wonderful lady. The pic below shows her on a boardwalk by me. Notice the very nice stay.

That wait for her to be born and then more waiting for her to come home was VERY long but well worth it. As you can see she is a very healthy girl. I still miss Ben and I'm very glad that I learned from my mistake. Reputable Breeder makes all the difference in the world.

absolutely beautiful!!

bella AND the background.....

Old 05-10-2011, 12:38 PM

17,330 posts, read 31,095,726 times
I'm with LTTP -- it seems like yesterday that you were just waiting to go get her. How can she already be TWO???? Not possible.

She's just gorgeous. Such a little (big) lady! And, obviously, SUCH a good girl. Smooch!

Old 05-10-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I'm with LTTP -- it seems like yesterday that you were just waiting to go get her. How can she already be TWO???? Not possible.

She's just gorgeous. Such a little (big) lady! And, obviously, SUCH a good girl. Smooch!
Thanks Dawn. Glad to "see" you!! I've missed hearing about Artie. How's his poop?

Old 05-10-2011, 01:28 PM

17,330 posts, read 31,095,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Thanks Dawn. Glad to "see" you!! I've missed hearing about Artie. How's his poop?
I've been so busy, J, I don't know what's going on. I do know, however, that Artie's poop has been perfect lately! I don't know why or how, but I'm not questioning small miracles.

Oh, and about the question that you asked me outside of here: I wish that I had time to write Artie's book. Alas, I haven't. One day, one day... I hope.

It's good to "see" you, too, sweets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs