U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 03:36 PM

6,591 posts, read 20,731,988 times

Advertisements

LMAO...

love the contradiction between the whole ...'my dogs are perfect never make mistakes blah blah blah', followed by the latest of 'you gotta let em be dogs...'

sooo not worth it guys!

Old 05-27-2011, 09:59 AM

3,869 posts, read 13,059,415 times
You were told a lot of misinformation.
If the kids were tormenting the dog ie throwing rocks at it, they are at fault.
(there are laws pertaining to this)
I smell BS.
rarely will a dog be required to be put down for nipping someone the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
i had an irish setter mix about 10 years ago. Never leashed it and had no problems with it. Then one day the kids walking home from school decided to start teasing her and throwing rocks at her so she nipped at one. Next thing i know ive got police at my door telling me i have a vicious animal and it running around biting children. I told the police what the kids did and they didnt care. I was told in no uncertain terms "Put the animal to sleep or we will". So i had to go and put my dog to sleep because of some stupid %$#@! kids teasing her. Since then i will NOT let my dogs out without a leash.

Idk if this is a forum for rich people but i dont know a lot of people with 10+ acres of fenced land. Yeah im sure ppl like that do let their dogs run loose. Why not? I would too, unless it was right next to an interstate or some other high risk area. If i lived in the heart of the city in an apartment complex would i let my dog run around loose? HECK NO! I live out in the country but theres a road right out front that has cars driving pretty fast.

City im in adopted a new law last year. Dogs cannot be leashed for more than 30 minutes. They have to be either in a fenced in yard or on a tether with 360 degrees of movement and no entanglements. So what did ppl do? They started letting their dogs run loose all over town. What happened after? Yep, dog bites galore.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:26 PM

24,843 posts, read 32,321,534 times
All of our posts are opinion.

Working with dogs is not an exact science.

We are all different, the dogs are all different.

Even links are just opinion of others.

At no time did I intend to train Rip myself.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:33 PM

19,817 posts, read 55,828,607 times
closed for mod review

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs