U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 PM
 
Location: Nantahala National Forest, NC
26,808 posts, read 5,726,538 times
Reputation: 30009

Advertisements

From WXII12.com/NC

A jogger found a Great Dane, with cuts and looking malnourished, took him to the local humane soc, where they checked for a chip and found one.

9 months after being reported missing, the dog and family were reunited.

Sounds a bit strange, a dog that huge....maybe someone had stolen him...but anyway:

Awesome news, good things DO happen~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-17-2011, 08:29 AM
 
Location: Chapel Hill, N.C.
36,472 posts, read 43,558,753 times
Reputation: 47208
yes good news indeed. Heard about chips reuniting pets lost as long as 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2011, 08:38 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
5,142 posts, read 11,443,969 times
Reputation: 2505
Yay.,..awesome news!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2011, 11:27 AM
 
Location: East Nashville, 37206
1,037 posts, read 2,493,177 times
Reputation: 1074
I met a guy at the dog park just last week that got his Boston Terrier back after 8 years because of a chip!

He was a little worse for the wear & missing an eye now though

Courtney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2011, 11:30 AM
 
Location: EPWV
10,955 posts, read 6,162,859 times
Reputation: 12144
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
From WXII12.com/NC

A jogger found a Great Dane, with cuts and looking malnourished, took him to the local humane soc, where they checked for a chip and found one.

9 months after being reported missing, the dog and family were reunited.

Sounds a bit strange, a dog that huge....maybe someone had stolen him...but anyway:

Awesome news, good things DO happen~

Aw, sigh, I love a happy ending
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2011, 11:40 AM
 
4,127 posts, read 13,262,402 times
Reputation: 3756
Wow, 8 years, that's a long time! Makes you wish they could talk! How old was the dog? Heard of someone whose dog went missing, they looked and posted ads etc - eventually after about 5 yrs, they adopted another dog (different breed), soon after they got a call that someone had their dog, he said 'my dog, my dog is right here!' - turns out it was his dog from yrs back in a nearby town - went and got her but by then she was sick but at least she ended up back w/ her family where she belonged - the kids were young and had foggy memories of her but heard stories and saw pictures and were naturally thrilled to have her back and the newly adopted dog was happy to have a pal to hang out w/ too. It's just a shame it took so long (not sure if it was a chip or tattoo as this was some yrs back).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
I met a guy at the dog park just last week that got his Boston Terrier back after 8 years because of a chip!

He was a little worse for the wear & missing an eye now though

Courtney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2011, 11:45 AM
 
Location: East Nashville, 37206
1,037 posts, read 2,493,177 times
Reputation: 1074
^Honestly, I'm not sure how long he had him before he went missing...I didn't think to ask, we were busy talking about the one eye because I also had a one eyed Boston Terrier, they're prone to getting eye injuries.

Of course he loves his dog & is happy to have him back, but he did mention that he has a very full house now because he had acquired two other dogs since that dog went missing & he said it's a little much.

Courtney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2011, 11:53 AM
 
4,127 posts, read 13,262,402 times
Reputation: 3756
Pugs also can their fair share of eye injuries - when we mention in passing that we have several, we hear 'oh wow!' - but then we say they're about the size of cats (which they are, they're fairly small) and then we get a smile or nod, LOL. Easier than several large dogs, that's for sure. Still, it's a good idea to get them chipped, ours are and I have to remind the vet to scan the chip to make sure it's where it s/b and is still working

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
^Honestly, I'm not sure how long he had him before he went missing...I didn't think to ask, we were busy talking about the one eye because I also had a one eyed Boston Terrier, they're prone to getting eye injuries.

Of course he loves his dog & is happy to have him back, but he did mention that he has a very full house now because he had acquired two other dogs since that dog went missing & he said it's a little much.

Courtney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top