Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:39 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,400,319 times

Advertisements

I made the mistake of looking at the adoptables on the Best Friends website. Just like last year, I see one that is "speaking to me" and has a profile that seems to fit in well with our current dogs. I've already spoken with DH and have an email in to Best Friends asking for more information about this boy. Its another older (8 y/o) gentle soul that has bounced back and forth from shelter to home to shelter because of the economy. From what they have written, he just wants a family to love (and to love him) and a home to call his own.

We will see how it plays out but there may be another trip to Utah in our near future......

Here is the guy we are looking at. Isn't he a handsome boy?

Best Friends: Adorable Adoptables (Jerry Lee)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 01:16 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
I made the mistake of looking at the adoptables on the Best Friends website. Just like last year, I see one that is "speaking to me" and has a profile that seems to fit in well with our current dogs. I've already spoken with DH and have an email in to Best Friends asking for more information about this boy. Its another older (8 y/o) gentle soul that has bounced back and forth from shelter to home to shelter because of the economy. From what they have written, he just wants a family to love (and to love him) and a home to call his own.

We will see how it plays out but there may be another trip to Utah in our near future......

He sure is!!!!

Old 05-24-2011, 01:20 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:

Go get him! He is precious.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:45 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Nice looking dog. Don't look any more. It is like me going into an ice cream store...just to "look" at ice cream...

It is his Karma, he will find a family or not...if you really feel like he would be a good fit for you..go for it...

Old 05-24-2011, 01:53 PM

Thanks all. I've submitted an application and we will see. DH and I have been talking about getting another "oldster" and Jerry Lee jumped off the webpage at me. (Although I doubt that will remain his name if we adopt him). There are so many older dogs that just want a family to love and a home to call their own. They are also one of the least likely groups to be considered for adoption. We will see if its meant to be......

Old 05-24-2011, 01:58 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,583,607 times
Having just gotten back from Texas with Chaos after her photo on the high kill shelter website spoke no make that yelled at me you know what I am going to say Listen to what you are feeling as things happen for a reason. If the dog seems like a fit with your family then go for it. He is a nice looking dog .Now that Chaos is settling in and has been here for several days I am even more convinced that she was meant to be with me.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Having just gotten back from Texas with Chaos after her photo on the high kill shelter website spoke no make that yelled at me you know what I am going to say Listen to what you are feeling as things happen for a reason. If the dog seems like a fit with your family then go for it. He is a nice looking dog .Now that Chaos is settling in and has been here for several days I am even more convinced that she was meant to be with me.
More picture please of the beautiful girl! How are she and your Phoenix getting along? Have they made peace yet? I bet that Chaos and Dazzle are having a grand time together! Did Chaos's first night alone (while you were working) go ok?

Old 05-24-2011, 02:08 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I adopted an older cat, and have been very happy with my choice. He hangs out, has no behavior issues...no more baby cats or baby dogs for me...or baby humans for that matter! Maybe you get to an age where those "babies" are just too much work...and you want an older, more settled pet.

Hope you get him!

Old 05-24-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I adopted an older cat, and have been very happy with my choice. He hangs out, has no behavior issues...no more baby cats or baby dogs for me...or baby humans for that matter! Maybe you get to an age where those "babies" are just too much work...and you want an older, more settled pet.

Hope you get him!
LOL - yup - no more babies of any kind in this house unless they call me "grandma"

Thanks Jasper - I hope it works out too. I'll let y'all know if we are heading to Utah!

Old 05-24-2011, 02:41 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,583,607 times
Quote:
More picture please of the beautiful girl! How are she and your Phoenix getting along? Have they made peace yet? I bet that Chaos and Dazzle are having a grand time together! Did Chaos's first night alone (while you were working) go ok?
Chaos did fine while I was at work she was crated in a large crate and did not poop and if she did pee it was dry by the time I got home or she did use the puppy pad but it was hard to tell as it was shredded. When I have crated her to go out or work in another room she will fuss for a few mintues then either play alone or go to sleep. She and Dazzle have a ball together and like a little sister she thinks her big brother is the best...even if he is a drama queen girlie boy! Phoenix does not want to play but is at least staying in the house and not running to hide now. She is being the typical grandma dog. I hope to post some more photos soon.

Now back to JerryLee we are keeping our paws crossed in hopes that he is soon yours!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs