Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:12 PM

15,803 posts, read 21,321,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
English Bulldogs are brachycephalic breeds, so they do have a harder time breathing than most dogs. Other breeds in this group are boston terriers, pugs, french bulldogs, shih tzus, Pekingese, and boxers.

Porkchop would play all day if we let him and we have to step in and let him rest because he has tons of energy and doesn't know when to stop. You can always hear Bulldogs before you see them! Which is another thing, if you're one of those people that needs silence in order to sleep, a Bulldog is not for you. They snore a lot and very loudly and generally make snorting sounds when playing.
My grandmothers' English bulldogs never snored, but my alapaha does. It's not loud or distracting as I've heard other bulldogs to be. I find it rather adorable and endearing, but I can see where others would be put off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 04:53 PM

4 posts, read 3,401 times
Glad you are doing your research! Getting a dog is like getting a new family member! I have trained many dogs and I find bulldogs to be some of the most stubborn ones! They seem like a joy to own if you have the financial capabilities, but be sure you are ready for a powerful dog. Socialization and discipline are key to having a healthy sociable dog!

Old 01-09-2011, 08:02 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,249,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post

As for breeding, please state your dogs age, what level he has achieved in AKC conformation events, what working event have you been showing him in and what level has he achieved, your dogs pedigree background showing multiple titled dogs, and the vets that have done all of the genetic health testing to prove your dog is worthy of breeding. If you don't have those things stop trying to pimp him out. He's not a male ***** for you to make money off of. And don't tell me you've done all those things because if you have you've made plenty contracts within the show community and will know plenty breeder / showers that have females with excellent points to counteract your dogs weak points and wouldn't need to go on a forum and ask total strangers if you can pimp out your dog to theirs. There are over 4 million animals a year being killed in shelters, including EBDs. We don't need more BYB. Go get your dog neutered and devote your time to loving him and training him instead of making him the family *****.

This thread is years old. I'm sure the OP has found her dog by now. Good to see someone around that's good about training and researching pets!
Thank you! I flagged the stud post, since the only things I had to say were not fit for this forum, you said it better than I ever could!

And yes, this thread is years old. Do you not see how cute PC used to be?? That's him as a baby!

Old 01-09-2011, 08:12 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,369,063 times
I did!! He's just incredibly precious!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs