Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 02:22 PM

430 posts, read 1,694,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
When you "click" on the link to his profile, you will see the video link below his picture. You can also google "Kohla" and you will see a link to the same video on youtube. If you love the picture...wait till ya see the video! Correction: For some reason the video link on his profile is gone

Here is the youtube link

YouTube - ‪Adopt a Dog - Kohla‬‏
Oh, this video brought tears to my eyes! What a sweetie! I hope he has a very long and happy life with you. Wonder where he learned to "wait" for his dinner? Wish I could teach my beloved Beagle some restraint like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 03:25 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,588,711 times
Wow he does like like a big goofy loveable boy! Dazzle and Chaos want to know if they can come play with him? ( being older Phoenix says she will pass as these two are enough for her).

Can't wait to hear that he is in his home soon! What ever you decide about the trip hope you have a good time and how could you not visiting Best Friends????

Old 05-28-2011, 03:50 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Wow he does like like a big goofy loveable boy! Dazzle and Chaos want to know if they can come play with him? ( being older Phoenix says she will pass as these two are enough for her).

Can't wait to hear that he is in his home soon! What ever you decide about the trip hope you have a good time and how could you not visiting Best Friends????
Dazzle and Chaos would have a great time with Sammie, Kohla and Mariah. Phoenix can come and hang out with Gator. I'm sure that the two "oldsters" could work together to keep the youngsters in check While the dogs are doing what dogs will do, I'll fire up the blender and you and I can enjoy margaritas by (or in) the pool. Bring the gang on over - we will all have a great time!

As for going to BF.....DH & I are hoping to go out to the Sanctuary this fall (together) After calculating the gas, hotel, food and other incidental costs, its about $1,000 less to fly him here over going out to get him. There is a non-stop flight from Vegas to Houston that Kohla can hop on so there is no chance of losing him enroute. Right now he will be home with us on either June 10th or June 24th. He is still recovering from double ACL surgery so he has to be cleared by the BF vets before he can travel. We are obviously hoping for the 10th (only two weeks!!!) but understand if they want to keep him a couple of weeks after that. Whatever is best for our new boy is what he will get!!!!!

Old 05-28-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fields of Green View Post
Oh, this video brought tears to my eyes! What a sweetie! I hope he has a very long and happy life with you. Wonder where he learned to "wait" for his dinner? Wish I could teach my beloved Beagle some restraint like that.
LOL- we can't wait to get our new boy home. He does have great manners doesn't he? I'm hoping that some of them will rub off on my existing motley crew!

Old 05-29-2011, 05:47 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
I *may* have watched Kohla's video again.

OK! OK! I watched it seven more times! I can't help myself... he's precious!

Old 05-29-2011, 08:09 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post

OK......

I will come clean too....

Old 05-29-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
OK......

I will come clean too....
I'm in the same shape (of course)- I just can't help myself. I think I'm a "Kohla addict" and the only treatment is getting that boy here as soon as we can!

Old 05-29-2011, 08:47 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,412 times
Loved the video Kohla is such a pretty baby.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:21 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
All of my B.F. adoptions have flown to me, and had layovers in Newark and places! I have always felt that I will love any animal I take care of, and also that my dogs meeting a new dog doesn't make much difference- the few times I've had dog-dog problems, they arose after some time and everybody realized that the new one isn't going home (or the current alpha dog died, etc.). A pack situation.
I admit that when I visited and took a Chow for overnight, I wanted wanted him. However, I had already agreed to take a long-time B.F. dog who was terribly shy (and therefore not very gratifying) and the Chow had medical stuff. He ended up being put down several months later.
A visit, with or without staying on grounds or meeting dogs, etc., is just so wonderful.
Be aware that there's something that blooms (or falls) in July and stays until first frost that is very very allergenic. I think it's a class of stuff called chenopods- stuff that makes up tumbleweeds. I don't have allergie, and I almost keeled over the two times I was in Utah in the summer, and that includes triple Claritin.
I might be taking Leah, a spaniel mix on the B.F. site of adoptables. I had sort of hoped for a younger senior (like under ten) but she looks like a great match for my gang.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
All of my B.F. adoptions have flown to me, and had layovers in Newark and places! I have always felt that I will love any animal I take care of, and also that my dogs meeting a new dog doesn't make much difference- the few times I've had dog-dog problems, they arose after some time and everybody realized that the new one isn't going home (or the current alpha dog died, etc.). A pack situation.
I admit that when I visited and took a Chow for overnight, I wanted wanted him. However, I had already agreed to take a long-time B.F. dog who was terribly shy (and therefore not very gratifying) and the Chow had medical stuff. He ended up being put down several months later.
A visit, with or without staying on grounds or meeting dogs, etc., is just so wonderful.
Be aware that there's something that blooms (or falls) in July and stays until first frost that is very very allergenic. I think it's a class of stuff called chenopods- stuff that makes up tumbleweeds. I don't have allergie, and I almost keeled over the two times I was in Utah in the summer, and that includes triple Claritin.
I might be taking Leah, a spaniel mix on the B.F. site of adoptables. I had sort of hoped for a younger senior (like under ten) but she looks like a great match for my gang.
I agre BF is the best. I've been a member & a volunteer writer for them for a while now. We adopted Sammie last July and took a trip to the Sanctuary to pick her up and spend a couple of days volunteering. It was wonderful and thankfully - no allergy reactions from canines or humans during the trip. We love Kohla already and have him set up to vist an allergist a week after he gets here. If we can at least narrow down what he is so reactive too, it will make him much more comfortable. We already have one Labby boy with severe allergies with our Gator. We've been able to keep him reaction free most of the time and during the others have our management routine down to a science. As for Kohla's knee issues - we have a pool to continue his hydrotherapy. I'm not really worried about dog intros. During the years I have been a foster mom to a large assortment of dogs, most of our fur-kids accept newbes pretty easily. We can't wait for him to get here so he can have a loving home to live in for the first time in a year and a half. Best Friends is great but ther is no place like home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs