Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 PM

909 posts, read 3,363,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
no.... i don't think they had that the last time i ordered heartguard plus..... are the ingredients the same and in the same order??
They said the active ingredients are the same. Don't know about the order.

Okay, it says, "Same exact active ingredient, same dosing."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 05:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,695 times
I was at PetSmart yesterday to buy flea application for my 3 dogs and 3 cats. The Advantix and maybe Frontline repels fleas - supposedly before they bite. They're free to go lay LOTS more eggs and get LOTS more fleas. The First Shield has a growth regulator. When a flea bites, any eggs laid won't grow to adult flea - it can't bite or lay more eggs. So it basically stops the life cycle of fleas. The growth regulator is really the only way to stop having more fleas. Granted, the flea biting isn't good, but over time, there should be less fleas to bite your pet instead of more.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:41 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,854,114 times
advantix also has a IGR (growth regulator) and frontline doesnt repel, frontline works ONLY by contact, the flea or tick HAS to bite in orer to be poisened.
advantix DOES have a repelant in it...

ive never heard of "first sheild" but im always warey of any product brand made fora certain company (seems this stuff is banfeild brand).

the ACTIVE ingredients in the first sheild and the advatix are exactly the same, but first sheild is actually a slightly lower dosage.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,460 times
This is like the blind leading the blind here...
First, contact is contact. No biting required.
Second, the repellant is like a citranela candle/spray. The sweat gland emit a scent that keeps them off.
Last, and speaking of sweat glands, the liquid doesn't spread throughout the body over time. It is absorbed into the skin over the course of 24 hrs. The dog's endocrine system them spreads it throughout the body where it is secreted by the sweat glands and slowly dissipates over a month's time. Bathing before washes away skin oils which lessens the likelihood of absorption in the pores.
And Google info on the over-the-counter ones. There are some horrible pictures and stories of bad reactions some dogs have had. One dog shed all the skin on his body and it was probably the most painful image I've ever seen if an animal.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,954 times
Default Daedfleaz -proheart

Is the heart worm med called proheart? thanks a million!
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
there is an australian web site ..... [url=http://www.deadfleaz.com]deadfleaz.com[/url] .... that i have used for several years to get flea and tick preventative and heartworm preventative.... it is the same product by the same manufacturer.... but costs about half (or less) of what we are charged in the states.... even with shipping, which is only about $6-$8 or so .... you have to plan ahead a bit, but i almost always have my order within 7-10 days of placing it......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs