U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 04:35 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,797,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
Well fed him the food with the pumpkin and that plate <yes I feed them on plates..Martha Stewart plates no less..was clean as a whistle in 10 sec flat he really seemed to like the pumpkin I mixed it up with just a tiny bit of chicken that I had cooked for the other dog of mine that has the runs<when it rains around here it pours> so keep your fingers crossed. I so want them all to feel good.
My dog loves it too. i usually give her 2 spoonfulls with every dinner. The main reason I used it was to get her to stop eating her stool, but it has a lot of other benefits as well. It isn't fast acting, it might take a few days before your buddy is regular again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 04:50 PM

4,033 posts, read 8,565,045 times
Yeah, mine too. She always gobbles up her yams (:

Old 06-04-2011, 05:14 PM

8,039 posts, read 3,956,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
My dog loves it too. i usually give her 2 spoonfulls with every dinner. The main reason I used it was to get her to stop eating her stool, but it has a lot of other benefits as well. It isn't fast acting, it might take a few days before your buddy is regular again.
Glad you told me it might take a few days I probably would have expected overnight results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Yeah, mine too. She always gobbles up her yams (:
I think I will start giving either the yams or the pumpkin to all of them all of the time just to keep things in balance here.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:36 PM

7,455 posts, read 6,447,750 times
I wouldn't use mineral oil; its petroleum. Fish oil would be okay, or flax seed oil.

Our Lhasa went through a similar situation and we put her back on canned, but a better canned. If that was too much for your boy, I suggest adding water to moisten his kibble. Also, try feeding him vegetables. My Bigun LOVES pepper rinds -- no seeds, and cauliflower cores. He run warm and cold on cabbage cores.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:31 PM

Ohmigosh you guys I am doing a happy dance. I took him outside and he went, now it wasn't much but it is a start and it was after somewhat of a struggle. I don't know if it was a coincidence or the pumpkin working fast or what but here sits one happy doggy mom. I don't know about him but I sure feel better. Mayberry I do have tons of fish oil that I give the westie for her arthiritis and mine so I will also add that to the menu as well as more veggies. Along with the pumpkin/yams and such I think we are onto something.

eta: He also came in and drank a huge amount of water, he was drinking but not as much as he usually does as he is a big water drinker.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:49 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,797,883 times
Feels weird to congratulate someone for their dog going poopie, but, congrats!

Old 06-05-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Hey I will take the congrats

Old 06-05-2011, 11:52 AM
ZSP

1,568 posts, read 4,157,580 times
Quote:

Poop is a much discussed subject at my house and the Boston Terrier & Frenchie boards I frequent. LOL In fact, I'm trying to take a short video of my Frenchie's poop routine...he first has to get his trot on, like a semi slow canter, to find the right spot. And then, when the deed is done, he shoots off like a rocket and does a fast and furious loop around the yard...coming back with a huge smile on his face...I know, I know...I'm a crazy dog lady.

Glad your guy is returning to his normal routine. I'm hoping a couple more days will make a difference. My dogs like microwaved yams better than canned pumpkin. They're sweeter! LOL

Old 06-05-2011, 11:58 AM

Update..we went out for a good walk this am and he did just a little again not such a struggle this time. Oh this makes me so happy just to know he is getting some relief and after the deed is done he turns around and gives me this big goofy grin as if to say.."see mom I am getting better". Of course his one woman cheerleading squad just goes berserk with the good boys, atta boys and such. ZSP join the "crazy dog lady club" I am the exact same way.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:42 AM

New update on the big guy. Ok one more update on my big guy then I will leave you guys alone with the poopie thing. Everything is pretty much back to normal. This has been a roller coaster one day he went the next two days he didn't then I began to find poop bombs in one room<thank heavens for pee pads he hit every pad with amazingly accurate precesion. > He is now saving it for the outside. I will as God is my witness never give him dry dogfood again back to canned. Seems his system just does not tolerate plain dry. He is back to canned, with pumpkin and yams. I am now adding some veggies to his food which he just loves especially green beans. I have stocked up on pumpkin and will switch back and forth from the pumpkin to yams. Now all three puppers get some with their meals no sense in taking chances with the other two. I want to take the time to thank all who helped me with this I was terribly worried about blockages especially at his advanced age. Talk about proud everytime he drops a bomb he is so proud of himself as is his mom. Sorry for the long post but just wanted to share my joy that my big lovable guy is now back to his normal doofus, loving self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or