U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 02:56 PM

13,773 posts, read 32,839,260 times

Advertisements

I am curious if anyone has tried this or heard anything about it? It is suppose to be the same as Frontline Plus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 03:08 PM

4,919 posts, read 18,990,523 times
Merial patent on FrontLine & FrontLine Plus has expired. These new products are basically generic versions. Check the ingredient list and if they are the exact same and dosage as the brand name, they are the exact same items. The only caution to raise is know who the manufacture is and where the ingredients are sourced from. Also, make sure the product does have a EPA registration (they are chemical incecticides not medication)

Old 06-09-2011, 03:50 PM

6,591 posts, read 19,577,372 times
as PF said, its the exact same active ingredient as frontline plus...
thereforer, should work exactly the same way as frontline plus...

a few folks have memntioned the inactive ingredients may be a different formular that might not distribute as easily in the fur...which could in turn reduce effectivness...

however when it comes down to it, being the exact same pesticide...means it SHOULD be equally effective.

i dont use it because forntline is 100% INEFFECTIVE in our area so we use advanti instead on the dogs.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:23 PM

update

The product is a single destination manufatured item. It's currently is distribution only to walmarts and sam clubs. if you see it available at any other online source, odds are its not authentic. There will probably will be some additional distribution such as through a charity event or other, but for now stick to buying it through the walmart chain.

It is sourced (CoO) through India. India & China are two of the biggest leaders in counterfeits and shadow factory manufacturing. So long as your buying it from the designated distribution source, if it ends up being a counterfeit or through a shadow factory, you will be protected by regulations.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:43 PM

12,073 posts, read 29,648,771 times
The Breeder I just got my Papillion Puppy from Used it on ALL her dogs inc my pup & her Brother.... NO Fleas or Ticks were brought home LOL Breeder told me she has a Bad Flea Problem! So this seems to work.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,571 times
Thumbs down Has anyone tried PetArmor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I am curious if anyone has tried this or heard anything about it? It is suppose to be the same as Frontline Plus
I just used my second dose of PetArmor on my dog and I found a tick on her snout (not too far from the topical area of the neck) I have always used frontline plus on my dogs and this is the first time I ever found a tick in 6yrs! I will be going back to frontline plus. I don't know why PetArmor is not working, but I won't be using it again. Better safe than sorry.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy in Tus View Post
I just used my second dose of PetArmor on my dog and I found a tick on her snout (not too far from the topical area of the neck) I have always used frontline plus on my dogs and this is the first time I ever found a tick in 6yrs! I will be going back to frontline plus. I don't know why PetArmor is not working, but I won't be using it again. Better safe than sorry.
NOTICE!!!!
Frontline and Frontline Plus (by extension Pet Armor) are the most widely used pesticides applied to pets. As a result, there are IMMUNITY issues that have started occuring in many areas of the USA. Swirchuing back will not solve an IMMUNITY issue. Contact your Vet and find out if they are seeing Frontline & Frontline Plus effectiveness dimminishing in your area. You may also be able to track the dimminished effectiveness of a product through your local agricultural organization. If you have an Immunity issue in your area, you will need to switch to another product with a completely different set of active ingredients.
(Now this is all based on you buying authentic PetArmor and didn't get a counterfeit)

Old 07-27-2012, 05:35 PM

6,591 posts, read 19,577,372 times
agree with PF...
frontline and forntline plus (and by extension ANY friponil based products) have been USELESS for me for the past few years...
i started alternating between advantage and advantix for the dogs (just advantage for the cats) and tada, no more fleas...

Old 07-29-2012, 09:02 AM

9,260 posts, read 15,992,209 times
the pet armor is still working well in my household....

however, I am switching them over to Kirkland's version of K-9 Advantix for cost reasons....

I have applied that to my big dogs and so far, so good.... still got one more month of the Pet Armor for the little dogs.....

Old 10-22-2012, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,393 times
Default PetArmor/Frontline

I have used both petarmor/frontline , I'm still hveing a problem with fleas. I have to take my dog's to the vet to get rid of the fleas. I have never had a problem like this since I have had the dog's (6 yrs.). The vet said alot of people are complaining about PetArmor & Frontline. So I will not be using those again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs