U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2011, 02:53 PM

135 posts, read 316,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Awesome!

I had a similar scare years ago with a pup; thought it might be parvo (his did have very smelly diarrhea, vomiting, etc) and the vet couldn't determine a cause but we all suspected he'd had too much goose poop to eat.

Flagyl for a week, he was fine for the rest of his life but I never did cure him of his enthusiasm for goose, rabbit, deer, horse, etc poop.
Goose Poop! Thats it! I took Cooper on her playdate to the little town park- which has a lake and about 100 ducks and geese. I bet the little stinker ate goose poop!

I think we need to start a new thread entitled "Strange things my puppy has eaten today"
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 03:07 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,308,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyers View Post
Goose Poop! Thats it! I took Cooper on her playdate to the little town park- which has a lake and about 100 ducks and geese. I bet the little stinker ate goose poop!

I think we need to start a new thread entitled "Strange things my puppy has eaten today"
Funny thing was...that puppy was also named Cooper! Except he was a male Cooper.

Ask me about pulling about 4 ft of Christmas tinsel out of a Rottweiler's butt, once... Some dogs have utterly no common sense about what they'll ingest.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:51 PM

2,806 posts, read 6,503,247 times
Just getting back on here...I'm so glad Cooper's back on the mend and all turned out well at the vet! Oh yeah, they get into some odd and disgusting things as pups, that's for sure...I'm happy it was nothing too crazy!

Old 06-12-2011, 01:41 PM

9,352 posts, read 16,779,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyers View Post
WOOHOO! Parvo negative....fecal bacteria negative...june bug positive! LOL. Everything came back great...she's gained a pound since last weekend. They did find 'fibers' in her sample. Vet said it looked like plant fibers or insect wings. No telling with her!

Thank you all sooooo much for the support and good wishes. You're the best!
sheeewww.... held my breath for the first 27 posts in this thread.... so glad miss cooper is a-ok ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Awesome!

I had a similar scare years ago with a pup; thought it might be parvo (his did have very smelly diarrhea, vomiting, etc) and the vet couldn't determine a cause but we all suspected he'd had too much goose poop to eat.

Flagyl for a week, he was fine for the rest of his life but I never did cure him of his enthusiasm for goose, rabbit, deer, horse, etc poop.
same for bailey and dave..... except i don't think either one has had any horse poop yet.....

Old 02-25-2017, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 255 times
My puppy is about 5 weeks old she's a chow chow mix and we got her about a few hours ago and she has diarrhea and she's been going every time she wakes up and now she has been vomiting as well, her diarrhea seems to have mucus in it , any one have suggestions on what it is?

Old 02-25-2017, 11:11 PM

124 posts, read 66,540 times
1st off I have to ask. You actually took a baby away from Mom at 5 weeks old?? Don't know the situation, but that is way to young. There are so many things that can be going on when seperated from Mom at that age. Have you taken her to a vet? Please do.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:08 PM

3,182 posts, read 7,028,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rueben24 View Post
My puppy is about 5 weeks old she's a chow chow mix and we got her about a few hours ago and she has diarrhea and she's been going every time she wakes up and now she has been vomiting as well, her diarrhea seems to have mucus in it , any one have suggestions on what it is?

You need to get that puppy to a vet right now! Diarrhea and vomiting in a 5 week old puppy can be deadly.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:13 PM

13,373 posts, read 6,614,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
You need to get that puppy to a vet right now! Diarrhea and vomiting in a 5 week old puppy can be deadly.
yes even if it isn't parvo that puppy is going to dehydrate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs