Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 04:44 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,315,087 times

Advertisements

*shakes head at all the drama*

Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 05:35 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,159,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
and had you elected to post just one or two of the links you found the accurate or more complete information on, all of this would be moot now.....
This.
I agree, a whole lot of unecessary drama, over...what, again?

Old 06-28-2011, 05:41 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,680,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
This.
I agree, a whole lot of unecessary drama, over...what, again?
I agree a whole lot of drama over nothing. Imagine had people stopped and did a little fact checking before going on their emotional rampage, none of this would have happened.

And on that note, this has run it's course................ Mahalo to all you who know who you are

Last edited by PacificFlights; 06-28-2011 at 05:54 PM..

Old 06-28-2011, 05:58 PM

5,012 posts, read 10,692,515 times
The Ignore list is a Godsend.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:09 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
I agree a whole lot of drama over nothing. Imagine had people stopped and did a little fact checking before going on their emotional rampage, none of this would have happened.

And on that note, this has run it's course................ Mahalo to all you who know who you are
The dog being near death was enough for me.

I guess opinions vary.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:53 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
This has run it's course? Gee, ya think?

Old 06-29-2011, 05:04 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
No, because nobody cared about the truth. That would interfere with the "Make It UP" method of responding. let me ask you this, did you attemt to do a newsreader search for the facts or did you decide that if you don;t open that door, you can make up anything you want and claim it as fact? But in the end, it's still about people making up imaginary events and going on an emotional rampage over the events they made up. that's can;t be talked way with links or dates or anything.

i was AT WORK while this was going on ..... and politely ASKED you to post a link or 2..... i pop in here for a minute or 2 at a time while i am at work and don't have time to surf all over the net looking for all of these sources..... while apparently, you do have the time...... you had some excuse about not wanting to give up passwords..... and not once did i make a single thing up.... i responded to bits of information as they were reported.....

an no matter how many facts come out subsequent to the originally published story, the fact remains that the person on the bicycle very nearly killed this dog by making it run in the heat for a long distance...... that person was not running, that person was on a bicycle..... no matter how inexperienced with dog care a person is, it is just plain common sense to not do something like this to a dog......

Old 06-29-2011, 06:58 AM

409 posts, read 873,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sooooooooo...

One time I was riding my bike with my dog and she pooped. She had already pooped TWICE that day, so I didn't have a bag with me...and I let her finish, and then we biked back to my house. Then I left her there, got a bag, and biked back to where she pooped to pick it up.

Had someone seen this and not given it enough time, it would have looked like I just abandoned her poop bc I am some inconsiderate a-hole.

Do we know this guy wasn't biking back home to go get the car or something? My dogs slow down and sometimes sit when they are tired of walking/biking. Maybe he was sitting there when the guy left to get the car and when someone found him, he was lying in distress? This was a large, heavy dog...he probably couldn't have carried it with him. And the article does not quote any actual WITNESS of what happened.

Or maybe I just don't want to believe people are like this on purpose...plus, the media (and people) love to sensationalize.
This is true!!!! I live in Texas and have a bulldog. When its 85 degree or more, everyday occurrence in late spring, summer, and early fall; I have to be careful not to overdo walks. A couple of times my bulldog when on brief sit down, well, lay down strikes while out walking. Luckly I was able to get her moving after a couple of seconds. But if she ever decides to totally not budge, I'll have no choice but to go home and get the car since she is over 65 pounds.

Last edited by lemonegg; 06-29-2011 at 07:10 AM..

Old 06-29-2011, 08:52 AM

5,012 posts, read 10,692,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
i was AT WORK while this was going on ..... and politely ASKED you to post a link or 2..... i pop in here for a minute or 2 at a time while i am at work and don't have time to surf all over the net looking for all of these sources..... while apparently, you do have the time...... you had some excuse about not wanting to give up passwords..... and not once did i make a single thing up.... i responded to bits of information as they were reported.....

an no matter how many facts come out subsequent to the originally published story, the fact remains that the person on the bicycle very nearly killed this dog by making it run in the heat for a long distance...... that person was not running, that person was on a bicycle..... no matter how inexperienced with dog care a person is, it is just plain common sense to not do something like this to a dog......
Not to mention that the dog's treatment was paid for by donations; the guy didn't even paid for the damage that he caused, which is now near $3000.

Also, in the article, he almost seems to try to blame the local shelter for not having room to take the dog. How did all of this prevent him from carrying a jug of water with him in a backpack as he's biking around town? Did the guy not have a phone to call local shelters about being able to take the dog instead of trotting it all over town? One can label this as mere "foolishness" but, then, so is getting in a car drunk and crashing into someone; that doesn't mean such "foolish" actions--in which the perp claims not to have meant any harm--don't deserve harsh criticism:

Popeye: Abandoned dog who collapsed in Wilton Manors improves - southflorida.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs