Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 10:27 AM

135 posts, read 388,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
This is from Kohla...... Thank you Auntie Dawn! Life IS great but I'm sooo itchy that I have a really hard time getting comfortable. When I get itchy, Mom gives me medicine in big yummy meatballs made out of my food. It helps me a lot when she does that ...I love her and Dad already. She tells me I'm a really good boy and hugs and kisses me a lot. Dad gives the best belly scratches and ear rubs! If you come to visit I would make room for you on my dog bed but I'm such a big boy that you might need to have your own. You can put it next to mine though. I love snuggles and kisses! Love, Kohla (aka Kohla Nut and Kohla Bear)
I think I'm going to cry!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 11:38 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
p.s. ..... kohla, listen to your auntie dawn.... she is right about EVERYTHING.....
E, can you pass that information onto Jeremy? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyers View Post
I think I'm going to cry!!!
Me too!

(Koka-)Kohla is so loved.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:27 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,337 times
Hi Kohla!!!!
Wow...what a handsome dog! You can just tell he's a wonderful dog. Congratulations again.
Me and Sheba wish you many happy years together.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:59 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,612,432 times
Nice looking boy you have there!

Old 06-25-2011, 09:01 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Default Ah the joys of introducing a new dog

Well everyone is sort of settled for the night. We did the intros over a the vet office in their yard (neutral territory theory). Lets just say that was a bust. Kohla was so interested in all the smells back there, I don't think he even noticed that the other dogs were there!

Fast forward a couple of hours and everyone is home and everyone has been properly introduced. Right now there is a truce in place. I'm sure that once everyone understands that the big boy just wants to be friends it will be ok.

More pics tomorrow when we introduce Kohla to the joys of swimming!

Old 06-26-2011, 09:44 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,588,711 times
I saw this at work but could not reply . I am so glad he is at home with you and can't wait to see even more photos as I love photos!!!

Old 06-26-2011, 12:53 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
YEAH!! what double d said!!!!

Old 06-26-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I saw this at work but could not reply . I am so glad he is at home with you and can't wait to see even more photos as I love photos!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
YEAH!! what double d said!!!!
Kohla has now been swimming for the first time in his life! However...DH was getting roasted by the sun while waiting to get the picture. He finally had to run for the cover of the house.(DH is very fair skinned & it took me about 20 to 30 minutes to coax Kohla into giving swimming a try). My brave boy finally gave in to the "call of the squeaky toy" and took the plunge all by himself. We completed once around the pool before Kohla started to look concerned. I showed him where the steps were and he sat on the steps in the water and watched ME swim for another 10 minutes!

Once the sun is a little lower, DH is gonna be the one in the pool and I'll be taking the pictures. I should have pics of our water dog actually in the water to share this evening.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:40 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,161,108 times
Photos?? <tapping foot>

My Lab was a teenager when I got him (failed foster/stray) but his first encounter with water was very un-Lab like.

OMG <freak OUT> my feet are WET drama emergency drama!!1!!!!!!1!!

He has since come around and enthusiastically hurls himeslf into any available body of water, including puddles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Kohla has now been swimming for the first time in his life! However...DH was getting roasted by the sun while waiting to get the picture. He finally had to run for the cover of the house.(DH is very fair skinned & it took me about 20 to 30 minutes to coax Kohla into giving swimming a try). My brave boy finally gave in to the "call of the squeaky toy" and took the plunge all by himself. We completed once around the pool before Kohla started to look concerned. I showed him where the steps were and he sat on the steps in the water and watched ME swim for another 10 minutes!

Once the sun is a little lower, DH is gonna be the one in the pool and I'll be taking the pictures. I should have pics of our water dog actually in the water to share this evening.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Photos?? <tapping foot>

My Lab was a teenager when I got him (failed foster/stray) but his first encounter with water was very un-Lab like.

OMG <freak OUT> my feet are WET drama emergency drama!!1!!!!!!1!!

He has since come around and enthusiastically hurls himeslf into any available body of water, including puddles.
LOL photos will be coming when the sun is a little lower so that DH won't turn lobster red in 5 minutes. I can't be in the water & taking the photos too. Camera wouldn't last a minute! Be patient - they are coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs