U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 05:36 PM

18,856 posts, read 31,613,526 times

Advertisements

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iB2Wsejk1B...255B1%255D.jpg

I posted this same thread in the cat section...I just think that it is so amazing, the bond that forms between dogs and cats in the same home. My dog, Sam, was raised with cats, and he had different relationships with the different cats in our home.

Mickey, our oldest cat, thought Sam was a Doofus, and routinely hissed at him, and hit him on principle. Sam, just stayed out of his way.

Beau, our baby cat, was Sam's toy, and they were always playing together, or sleeping together.

Sam did have a strong prey drive, and want to chase the cats..he could not seem to help himself...and yes, there were a few "spats' like any other home with kids...but all in all, they loved each other. Amazing...

Anyone else have any cat and dog stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 10:52 AM

7,330 posts, read 13,176,039 times
What a sweet picture!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:46 PM

263 posts, read 795,062 times
I wish our cat would cuddle with our dog like that instead of sleeping on top of me. Our thinks he's a dog and likes to walk up the street with the dog. He always greets the dog with a rub and I have caught him at time licking the dogs ears.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:09 PM

14,547 posts, read 17,478,501 times
My dogs and cats play. I thought the dog (11 mo. old 2 1/2 foot tall puppy who chews whatever fits in his mouth especially if its plastic) was being too rough with the cat and stopped them. Cat walkes away and comes right back with a head but for more. The dog mouths him and licks and the cat playfully rolls on his back and bats. The cutest thing is my littleise one, who is ten mos old and less than 12 inches long, curls up with the big puppy. My dog greets his kitties with a gently lick and nuzzle with the nose. They rub him back.

The funniest is when I came in, three cats and one very large dog on the couch, all licking themselves. I realized that the reason he is a constant licker (and is as ambidexterous as a cat so he can reach everything, is they groomed him as a little puppy so he now grooms himself like a cat. He's also the counter police and barks everytime anyone heads for the sink.

My older beagle who passed on due to old age last year was my only pet at the time I found this tiny kitten. I was out getting some food for the baby, and came home, a little worried about the dog and both of them were sleeping, the dog protectively with a foot curled over the kitten. They were the very best of buds and as Cleo got to where she didn't notice much Furball would sit by her and groom her and Cleo would still do her purr, which is a kind of grunt I long ago had figured out was a doggie purr. Poor kitty still misses her even with all the new company she has. The big one and his sister beagle who was here before are not her doggie.

Actually I call my crew "dats" over dogs and cats.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:30 PM

6,441 posts, read 4,418,377 times
So precious. I would have that pic on my wall, at least 16"x20",

Old 07-01-2011, 01:15 AM

4,941 posts, read 6,331,448 times
Thatí s so warm and special, Iíd frame it!

Old 07-01-2011, 01:18 AM

43,431 posts, read 52,425,333 times
My dog loved cats (bc she had no reason not to, not bc we had one) and tried to say hi and play with them all the time (you could see she was always wagging her tail, head lowered)...until a cat at Petco swiped at her face and split her nose open...now she HATES them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or