Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:07 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,267,326 times

Advertisements

I received this from one of my best friends this AM...[/SIZE]
If anyone has experienced either of these 2 conditions that Columbia, MO Unv. .(One of the BEst animal hospitals) is believeing Oskar has...please tell me your results...no matter how wonderful or how sad they might be. My friend is not on C-D so she won't see what you post. I need to be prepared, cause is one of my Nephews
Thanks, Sillypups~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Need to have you send lots of prayers up for Oskar.

He is at Vet Hospital at Mizzou. Yesterday afternoon he collapsed while playing. We rushed him to the ER and they sent us to Columbia.
At first they thought he slipped some cartilage in his spinal cord but now they think he had an embolism in his spinal cord. He cannot walk or control his bladder.
Basically like a stroke. They are doing an MRI this morning and we’ll know more. If it was the embolism it will take weeks of therapy to teach him to walk again. …maybe.
I just cannot believe all this, he’s only 4. Hopefully that means he’ll be strong and get through this.
I will keep you updated. Meant to call you on the drive this morning, but I was asleep while driving I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
oh my gosh.... poor oskar and poor family......

no experience with the condition, but sending healing thoughts.... columbia is not too awful far from here, so maybe they will get there quicker......

Old 07-12-2011, 09:20 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Sending prayers for Oskars and family.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:48 AM

135 posts, read 388,441 times
praying!!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 11:26 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
Praying that Oskar is strong enough and pulls through. Sending good thoughts to him and his family.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:39 PM

Thanks everyone.... They will be doing an MRI soon.
Oskar is such a good black lab. He is such a pretty boy. He has the best caring & loving parents.
We are all on pins & needles.
The waiting is the worse thing when it comes to testing..........

Old 07-12-2011, 01:03 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Oh, no!

P, that's terrible! I'm so sorry that everyone is going through this, especially Oskar with a "k".

I'm sending good, healthy, strong vibes that everything turns out OK.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:57 AM

UPDATE ON OSKAR...........................................
LAST NIGHT~~~~~7-12-11
We just got the call….he had a fibrocartilaginous embolism. He will need to have therapy there for probably a week to see if he can walk and get control of his bladder again.
Hoping/praying that within 6 weeks he will be back to getting around on his own. Keep those prayers coming! Oskar is getting them I know!!
I can’t believe all this. I can’t believe my baby is 2 hours away from me. I can’t believe he may never walk again. No….he WILL walk again, he is young and healthly and not a bit overweight. He will do this!!
I will keep you advised. Thank you so much, my friend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS AM..... 7-13-11
Oskar update:
Eating and drinking and in a good mood today.
Still not movement in his back end but he can feel pain (when they pinch him) which is a very good sign.[/
He is not in any pain from the embolism.
Until the inflammation goes down in his spine we may not see much improvement, but he does start physical therapy today.

Keep those prayers coming!! I can't imagine being almost 2 hours away from one of our babies (dogs). We know he's getting the best care possible.
Thank you everyone for the prayers, good vibes & best wishes...come on Oskar...
I don't even know if I told all of you.
Oskar is a Black lab...beautiful baby. (Well I am his Aunt)

Old 07-13-2011, 10:59 AM

135 posts, read 388,441 times
Still praying hard!!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:26 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
UPDATE ON OSKAR...........................................
LAST NIGHT~~~~~7-12-11
We just got the call….he had a fibrocartilaginous embolism. He will need to have therapy there for probably a week to see if he can walk and get control of his bladder again.
Hoping/praying that within 6 weeks he will be back to getting around on his own. Keep those prayers coming! Oskar is getting them I know!!
I can’t believe all this. I can’t believe my baby is 2 hours away from me. I can’t believe he may never walk again. No….he WILL walk again, he is young and healthly and not a bit overweight. He will do this!!
I will keep you advised. Thank you so much, my friend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS AM..... 7-13-11
Oskar update:
Eating and drinking and in a good mood today.
Still not movement in his back end but he can feel pain (when they pinch him) which is a very good sign.[/
He is not in any pain from the embolism.
Until the inflammation goes down in his spine we may not see much improvement, but he does start physical therapy today.

Keep those prayers coming!! I can't imagine being almost 2 hours away from one of our babies (dogs). We know he's getting the best care possible.
Thank you everyone for the prayers, good vibes & best wishes...come on Oskar...
I don't even know if I told all of you.
Oskar is a Black lab...beautiful baby. (Well I am his Aunt)
You're EVERY dog's Auntie, aren't you?

I'm glad to hear that Oskar is doing better today. Hopefully, tomorrow will be even better, and Friday even better, etc... until he's good as new. Poor dude.

Much love to Oskar, his family, and his extended family and friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs