U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 7,738 times

Advertisements

My Binky took Comfortis on Sunday afternoon and seemed to be okay. She didn't vomit or seem to be affected at all. Then on Tuesday morning she vommitted and by noon couldn't get up. I took her to the vet and she gave her something for nausea and pain. It's now Thursday and she's still very weak. She's usually very active being a pom. She's a big pom of 13 pounds. I'm very worried. I will never ever use this poison again. My dog is apart of my family and is only 5. She is a service dog and I need her. I would never suggest to anyone their taking a chance on this product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 06:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,138 times
I love comfortis, I think that as right now is the best out there. My dog is pregnant, and it is time for her next comfortis dosage. I have been looking for the side effects and it does not seem to be a problem when they are pregnant. I'm still scared to give it to her. I was wondering if any of you have ever give comfortis to your pet while pregnant?

Old 03-04-2014, 07:22 AM

857 posts, read 1,763,179 times
I wouldn't think of giving my dogs something for fleas every month. Only if they had fleas.

Go Natural, no nasty pesticides for my old babies.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:06 PM

6,591 posts, read 20,646,136 times
I don't give comfortis (or trifexis or any PILL form) because both my little onese are highly allergic. I stick with k9 advantix for fleas and ticks and ivermectin for heartguard...

my female has a flea allergy and de, garlic and yest (and about a million other natural methods just don't work well enough...would rather use the advantix than drug her with steroids antihistamins and pain pills when she gets a flea...

when in doubt...ask the vet, or call the manufacturer themselves.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:15 PM

4,787 posts, read 9,218,464 times
I have used Comfortis many times on multiple dogs during years of bad flea infestations.

However, I do follow directions and did lot of reading before using it. The manufacturer recommends giving it with a full meal. I just mix it in. That is what I do and have never had a problem of any kind doing it that way- again with multiple dogs.

The other it is suggested way is to use it is either just before eating, or right after it. Giving it as a stand alone treat is where the problems seem to arise with dogs. In other words, if you have to use it, use it on a full stomach.

To the person with the pregnant dog, I would not use it. No where can I find any info that says it is safe. In fact in may cause her to lose her litter. I'm including a Google link and you can read through the various web sites and make a determination.

https://www.google.com/search?q=comf...l=np&source=hp

Old 03-04-2014, 02:10 PM

6,134 posts, read 4,922,961 times
My dogs throw up the Comfortis, so stopped using it. Back on frontline. I use a larger dose of the frontline. 20lb dog gets 40 lb dog dose for example. This was recommended by a vet. Works great.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:36 PM

857 posts, read 1,763,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
My dogs throw up the Comfortis, so stopped using it. Back on frontline. I use a larger dose of the frontline. 20lb dog gets 40 lb dog dose for example. This was recommended by a vet. Works great.
That has to be tough on your dogs liver?

Wow the Vet sells twice as much that way!

Old 03-10-2014, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,077 times
I used Frontline but she got pinworms so i switched to trifexis cause my vet made the suggestion that is was more effective.

Does anyone notice their dog seems very itchy?

she has been itchy for the past year, i have switched to comfortis and have done all sorts of diet changes trying to figure it out.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:45 PM

6,591 posts, read 20,646,136 times
if shes itchy its a reaction to something, could be the pills, could be food, could be environmental.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,481 times
Unhappy after using comfortis our two dogs died

I use to give my dog advantage lmao the real bad outbreak of police out of control and advantage was not working so I was told comfortis would work really well so I tried it on my two dogs on Golden Retriever and her daughter have golden retriever half lab. as soon as they gave them the comfortis they ate the pill with no problem the fleas did go away on the dogs they did vomit little bit but after that it seems fine no fleas for 9 months. when we call the younger one over for attention she's always just lay down for loving because she lost most of her fur from the previous infestation of fleas from the advantage so other than acting embarrassed for not having furon her tail and behind she was acting normal. when her fur all grew back by 4 months we noticed on her stomach a like growth or something that was large and inflamed in her stomach that was not right. we took her to the vet. the vet did not know what was wrong he said she had breast cancer however she had been fixed so he said it didn't make sense and she didn't have long to live just days at the most she was in so much pain she couldn't walk or get up or go outside to go potty anymore so she passed away two days after seeing the vet. that was four months after giving her the comfortis only one dose mind you four months ago still no fleas? Her mother passed away the same exact way five months later
and still no fleas 9 months after giving them the comfortis one dose they both died and never had a flea afterwards. Does that sounds like poison to ? our family is so extremely sad!!!!!!! I wish I never had used that comfortis!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs