U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 05:45 PM

2,519 posts, read 5,332,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
She's so cute! What a lucky girl that you found her. So you're already throwing in the towel on resisting her charm and keeping her? (If you don't find her owner)
Something about her looks a little beagle-ish to me.
I see Beagle too. My brother had a dog that looked identical to this one that was a Beagle/Terrier mix.

Before bringing her around your dogs, I'd have her vet checked to make sure she doesn't have any parasites or viruses. I'd also make sure she's UTD on vaccines, heartworm checked and treated for fleas. My neighbors brought home the cutest little dog found wandering the Wal-mart parking lot that they ended up keeping after not being able to locate it's owner. Poor thing died from heartworm less than a year later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 06:15 PM

9,350 posts, read 16,731,254 times
too late... she's already in the house... bailey and dave are completely vaccinated and on heartworm and flea preventative, so i am not too worried.... plus, i don't have room in my house for quarantine..... she actually smelled like she had had a bath not too long ago when i first caught her.....

i figure i'll leave signs out and about for a week or two and then take her in for a complete stem to stern checkup and get her vaccinated and on heartworm preventative then.... will head to walmart this weekend for pet armour in her size.... paws are tightly crossed that she is already spayed.... we couldn't find a spay scar in cursory review at the clinic yesterday morning.....

Old 08-11-2011, 06:20 PM

2,519 posts, read 5,332,650 times
Hoping for the best. Completely vaccinated is great, but that doesn't protect against parasites or viruses. My poor Cairn picked up a virus years ago that almost killed her. I guess I'm just too overprotective since that happened.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:44 PM

43,012 posts, read 91,826,442 times
Yep, there's definitely beagle in that dog! Super cute!

Thanks for sharing pictures and her story! Glad to hear she wiggled into your hearts!

Smart dog! She picked herself a good rescue family!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:32 PM

135 posts, read 314,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
She's so cute! What a lucky girl that you found her. So you're already throwing in the towel on resisting her charm and keeping her? (If you don't find her owner)
Something about her looks a little beagle-ish to me.

Sucked you right in with those eyes and ears....well, at least she did me

Old 08-11-2011, 09:47 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,018,691 times
Talking Oh my...

What a cutie-pa-tutie! She is blessed to have crossed your path and found you! Hopefully, the little brown one has found someone as kind hearted as you. Too many unwanted and feral dogs out there that meet a much different fate...

Thank you for taking her in whether you re-home her or keep her (seems like she has stolen hearts in your home) you have done the right thing!

Old 08-12-2011, 12:54 PM

4,695 posts, read 10,094,055 times
I somehow missed this the other day but love this "last thing i needed was a 3rd dog, but sheesh.... what are ya' gonna do?? "Those famous last words some of us have muttered to ourselves. To me it sounds like if you do not find the owner you already have the answer to that question....3 dogs is not that different then two at least most days I feel that way. I hope the Queen Baily comes around it did take Jazz quite awhile to really accept Dazzle as she would just ignore him but eventually he won her over as I am sure Roxie will Bailey! They became good enough friends that Dazzle really missed her when she died.
Good luck can't wait to see photos of her and Dave!

Old 08-12-2011, 02:10 PM

welp... spent $28 on a pink harness, a pink collar and a pink leash for her yesterday.... gotta exchange the harness for the next size bigger..... i figure if by some odd chance her owner's do step forward, i can just consider the $$$ a donation to one of the rescues i transport for as they will just go into the transport box i keep in the trunk of my car.....

she was SO excited when dave and i got home from the park this morning, she ran 2 laps around the house and another 2 around the yard..... .... she has been a good girl on her evening walks with dave.... she likes to stick pretty close to him .... one would think that this might make him feel brave and tough.... but not yet.....

dave is being a little mopey and bailey is not thrilled either.... but i think that will pass in time.... dave almost acts like he is offended because he is not the baby of the family any longer....

gotta stop by walmart on the way home for her pet armour.... found a flea on her this morning.....

Old 08-12-2011, 11:29 PM

144 posts, read 263,383 times
I have a little jrt mix and I think he may have a liitle beagle in him too. I got from the local pound and I was looking for a friend for him. My little one is 13lbs and full of energy. I've been looking for a dog that is similar to him because he is always wanting to meet other dogs when we go out. She looks a little like my pup. She's so cute

Old 08-13-2011, 04:51 AM

i am definitely seeing beagle traits on her evening walk..... head down and tail up nearly the entire time...... she LOOKS like a beagle as she is trotting along checking out the ground.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs